PDA

View Full Version : SCAMMED By Trikebuilder30

lbrown1
06-19-2011, 06:13 AM
I wish I had seen this site prior to doing any bussiness with this guy... so heres my story....I found on Ebay this guy would custom build an 85 or 86 250R...I wanted one built back to original... I Spoke to this guy on the phone and email and sent money thru pay pal so I thought I was OK.... $3000. he stayed in touch very well and said build is going well. waiting on a few parts etc,etc.... I finally started getting mad and he said he is shipping it and they are picking it up in a few days,,, finally gave me tracking # and that ended up being bogus...
Then he dissapears...cell is disconected, email is closed. all contact ceases....

This guy knows the deal...I call pay-pal and they advise since it has been over 45 days they will do nothing..so Im now trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of luck..he strings you along until after 45 days then hides.

The paypal acct I sent the money went to Richard Agne, email the "thewriterswords" this is a link I found to his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/the_writers_words

please check this out as it has his pictures
he went by the name Rich or Rick Anthony and his ebay was trikebuilder30..
phone went to Camp verde AZ and also called from a phone # from Bellafontaine OH.
I did file a police report and will be filing a report with the FBI when I return home.

I did a search and saw all the threads about this guy on here and that was the same time I got scammed, If any one has any info on this guy or an address please let me know. Thanks

ctbale
06-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Dont think the feds will do anything, i was a victim of ID theft 11 years ago, $60K. was not my money, the dude opened charge cards in about 24 stores on the east coast in my name, I live in Alaska! To get relieved of responsibility of the charges, i had to get a police report, Secret Service handles interstate commerce fraud. They should be the ones you will deal with. I asked them if they they think they would catch the guy, i told them sears had a scan of the fake ID he used to open the acct in their store, when i told them the dollar value, they almost laughed at me and said it was "way below there cut off to investigate" kiss it good by, the feds wont help, sorry if i am being a bit jaded.

paypal does know exactly where your money went, its just a matter of getting some law enforcement agency or court to compel pp to provide that info, then you have to prove he didn't provide you with the service or item, tough road.

aldochina
06-19-2011, 07:25 AM
man, what a raw deal. sorry you didnt do more research on this guy before hand. I cant believe this guy has gotten so many people. you guys gotta learn not to send your money to any old shmo!! If i was gonna drop 3k to some stranger several states away, i would be alittle nervous right from the get go! your not the first, and wont be the last. I hope when this guys day comes, its a real doozie!! nothin gets me more fired up than a scumbag theif!! espicially a pussy internet theif!! Good luck with getting your funds back bro! i wish i new how to help!

2Tim215
06-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the forum, sorry it wasn't for another reason. There are scammers out there and hopefully your post will prevent someone else from being taken. Be sure to save all of your e-mails and try and get copies of your phone records as soon as possible as law enforcement will act quicker if you have it all on hand. Thanks for the warning, I checked out his link. Its possible a member here will know this guy. He's into three wheelers so wouldn't surprise me if he's been out here at one time or another. Hope this turns out well for you in the long run, Tim

2Tim215
06-19-2011, 09:06 AM
I just saw he is a member here. Hopefully other members will jump in here and encourage him to make things right with you. You shouldn't have a problem tracking him down.

swampthang
06-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't think this clown gets on here much any more. It didn't take long for us to catch on to his ways and call him out and he turned tail and ran. Dude sorry you got screwed out of your cash. I hope you get it back or run into trikebuilder30 for a nice "talk".

hang&rattle
06-19-2011, 11:23 AM
I am so sorry. It's a terrible thing to see hard working people ripped off. Breaks my heart because I know how it feels, it's happened to many on here. It's especially hurtful because of the bond amongst true 3-wheeler owners, who try to protect and look out for there own. Sorry this happened lBrown1. If you do start another project I'll be more than happy to help out with any parts I do have.

lbrown1
06-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys, I really did not know there were so many forums dedicated to ATC/ATV ...I was just looking on ebay and craigslist.....when I am in a posistion to have someone build me a bike I will deffinately be drawing on y'alls knowledge and info and using a member here....
Thanks, Layne

dcreel
06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Try this guy

fmnrd@aol.com

He will find or build you a nice 250r. I've bought one from him. Great price, great shipping price. Hell of a nice guy. His name is Frank Destra.

His Ebay store:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/atcpartsnrestorations&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID

hang&rattle
06-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Try this guy

fmnrd@aol.com

He will find or build you a nice 250r. I've bought one from him. Great price, great shipping price. Hell of a nice guy. His name is Frank Destra.

His Ebay store:

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/atcpartsnrestorations&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID
He's currently working on a new trike for us too. Frank sent my son stuff just to be nice and help the little fella out, that's what kind a friend and fella he is.

robtech
06-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Sooooooo ......

Let me see if I got this right, you meet, or actully (cause you actually never meet him in person) had contact with this guy through eBay.

Then you agree to send hin 3K through PayPal, right???

WOW! Tell me you didn't send a perfect stranger 3K ???

Jason125m
06-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Sooooooo ......

Let me see if I got this right, you meet, or actully (cause you actually never meet him in person) had contact with this guy through eBay.

Then you agree to send hin 3K through PayPal, right???

WOW! Tell me you didn't send a perfect stranger 3K ???

Thats what i was thinking... Either way, i'm sorry that you lost so much money. I can't believe there is people out there who would do such a thing. Would be a great world without these SKUMBAGS!

Midnite_rider
06-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe dude will show up at Trikefest and get the beatdown of his life!!!!!! I can't say much about Brown sending this guy 3K. I might would have done the same thing. You think between E-bay and Paypal that you should be covered. I shipped something that I sold on Craigslist one time before the guy paid me. He bugged the crap out of me for over a week trying to figure out how to use paypal or getting his sister to paupal me the money that I finally agreed to send him the item and let him send me a MO. 2 weeks later no MO. I finally left him a voicemail and told him that I would be coming to see him within the next 2 weeks. Don't forget trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro that I have your name and address. (I am NOT the guy you want to have looking for you!) He called me later that same afternoon with a tracking number for the MO that he hurried up and took to the post office. But having said that...it was my fault for sending it in the first place.

rdlsz24
06-20-2011, 09:57 AM
That blows man, I'm sorry you got suckered. I remember his eBay auctions did make him seem legit but when he came on here claiming he could build NOS liquid 250R's for $3k it sent up red flags, considering how many parts are now discontinued and go for a fortune when you do happen to find them

Rob