PDA

View Full Version : When you are driving your car or truck......

Scootertrash
06-19-2011, 10:09 AM
1. Do you text or talk on your cell phone?

2. Wear your seatbelt?

Mr_RPM
06-19-2011, 02:38 PM
1. No, I 99% of the time ignore my cell phone while driving.
sometimes I might read a text real quick when going slow on a back road.

2. I always wear my seat belt, its habit and feels wrong without it.

perb2be
06-19-2011, 02:51 PM
i dont wear a seat belt but i dont text and drive

playasridebmx
06-19-2011, 04:07 PM
never text while driving have answered calls before but rarely do now
always wear a seatbelt unless im driving around the yard... i drive a forklift for a living and work a 12hour rotating shift on nights i do text while im on the lift but never while im driving i ALWAYS pull off to the side and stop to text.. and i can get fired for not wearing a seatbelt, and to be honest i dont feel right not wearing one even if i have to pull the lift up 15ft to move it out of someones way. so its a habbit to wear one in the car

Xpress
06-19-2011, 04:46 PM
1. Did it once, just to prove my point about multi-tasking, but never again. I stuff it in my center console, where I can't even hear it anyways.

2. Always always ALWAYS. The only person I know who doesn't have to wear his seatbelt is my grandpa, and that's for medical reasons.

squirrel1182
06-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Right now i wear my seatbelt because my parents vehicles have them, once my trucks on the road i cant... because it doesnt have them lol.

Chazz of Blades
06-19-2011, 10:09 PM
I will answer a call when driving, but NEVER text. I've read them on a 20 mph backroad, and stopped to reply, but never driving.

And I never forget the seatbelt, it's there for a reason, and saved me from going through a windshield into an F250 once.

HuffieVA
06-19-2011, 10:25 PM
I will talk on my phone unless traffic is congested, texting is not worth my time even wen I'm not driving (if its important then call me) I try to wear my seat belt but I do occasionally forget (although I've been through a windshield before and i really should know better)

JayBone
06-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Text and talk once in awhile. It's stupid to do too.

ALWAYS wear a seatbelt.

rdlsz24
06-20-2011, 12:20 PM
I will talk occasionally but I don't text anymore since it became illegal. I always wear my seatbelt. I feel like I'm sliding around in my seat otherwise

Rob

Vealmonkey
06-20-2011, 12:30 PM
1. I don't have a cellphone, so no problems there.

2. I always wear a seatbelt while driving. Also, I always use my turnsignals. My pet peave is
people who don't use turn signals. That comes from riding a bike for so many years.

Bretmd94
06-20-2011, 12:47 PM
I talk and drive even since it has become illegal. I text at stop lights. I have an Automatic and talking on the phone while drive to me is the same as talking to a passenger. Just because some people with much less coordination can't pull it off isn't my fault.

As for Johnny Law, well I don't have much respect for them either if they are going to harass me about talking on a phone while driving an automatic truck.. I am firm in believing that we have too many rediculous laws protecting us from ourselves. The world is much too overpopulated, we can stand to loose a few.

You wont catch me dead wearing an earpiece either.

NOSBIGSHOT
06-20-2011, 12:56 PM
I wear a seat belt , I talk and text . My phone writes the words I say then I say send . I have a Ford that lets me Text and Talk thru the radio too I just dont know how to use it .

Billy Golightly
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I talk, I text, I don't wear a seatbelt, I steer with my knees, and I drive a standard. Sometimes I do all of that while I pull a trailer through metropolitan areas after having been on the road as long as 20+ hours without sleep.

:shiftyeyes:

mullet
06-20-2011, 01:45 PM
1) I'm guilty of talking and texting while driving, but I try to refrain when I'm in traffic, unless its just a 1 or 2 word reply. My truck is a manual, so talking/shifting/drinking a coke/keeping an eye on a crazy dog in a single cab truck gets a little overwhelming in rush hour.

2) I almost always wear my seat belt in the city, but usually don't when I'm driving rural roads on the weekends.

In my opinion, making it a legal requirement to wear a seat belt is ridiculous. Laws should be for protecting you against other idiots, not for protecting idiots against themselves. I can understand laws against texting and driving though..distracted drivers are dangerous (myself included!).

robtech
06-20-2011, 01:46 PM
No text

Seatbelt on

Gearheadtom
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM
1. I've sent of a few one word texts before while driving, and I used to talk on the phone while working. But after I put the company van in the ditch while programming a gps while driving (I was only doing like 40km/hr on some back road, and just slowly drifted in... the boss laughed at me), I never text and drove at all, and I rarely talked on the phone and drove. Now it's against the law to do either, so I usualy get a passenger to do my texting, and I pull over when I get a call.
2. Always wear my seat belt, I feel naked without it lol

stoshu
06-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Always on the phone while driving for work. Bought a bluetooth and got used to it. Never text. My seventeen year old son always texted while driving. End result was a head on collision at 1:00 a.m. NO ALCOHOL INVOLVED. Seven months later he is still in the hospital, never to walk again. He's a quadraplegic stuck in a wheelchair for life, can't wipe his nose, can't wipe his ass. His mom had to quit her job to learn how to take care of him. $50 0000 a year out of the family income. Can't even get a full nights sleep because one of us has to get up and move him every two hours to prevent bedsores. TEXTING IS NOT WORTH IT. When I was seventeen I always had alcohol in my system, always made it home safe

Bustos82
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
1) iv text and talked while driving. not a good thing to do tho.

2) always wear the seat belt....

matt3x
06-28-2011, 04:47 PM
I used to text a ton while driving. Now that I have a smartphone, I rarely do. (I will answer my phone and put it on speaker though).

And I wear my seat belt every time.

oldskool83
06-29-2011, 12:53 PM
ill text red light, or it can just wait. ill call or answer calls. most times i let it go.

i wear a seat belt. my car makes a noise if i dont, my truck didnt, i didnt wear one in my big lifted truck

Krew400
06-29-2011, 01:31 PM
99% of the time can't hear the phone.

ALWAYS wear a seatbelt, sometimes not on the back roads.

Luke Smith
06-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I don’t wear my seat belt but I stop my truck when I text or answer a call.

hillbilly 200x
06-30-2011, 10:00 AM
1. I dont have a phone any more, when I had one I never answers it anywas.
2. never go with out it, it just feels wrong. its there for a reason.

Jon Boy
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
i always wear a seatbelt no matter what, feel naked without it really. i don't text or anything. i have never owned a cellphone. :lol:

350XJEDI
07-01-2011, 10:50 PM
:crazy:I'm with billy on this one just ad a smoke,a snack ,and a five speed ,knee on wheel ,no seat belt ,unhooked the noisemaker ,talk when i want ,but i dont text!! but i do wear a helmet ,:D all the time mom makes me :naughty:

chrisand4
07-02-2011, 08:56 AM
1. No texting, I actually don't text at all, if you can't call me then I don't care.
2. Always wear a seatbelt.

dirtbiken
07-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I dont ever text and drive and seat belts save lives.