tri again
06-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Midland xtc 100p2

NOWHERE on the packaging does it say 'audio' so they're selling them cheap

59$

It DOES have great audio and 140 degree video

size of a roll of quarters.

might want to check it out

I let you know how long it takes for the kids to break it.

Also can buy a waterproof case for it too.

tommerp
06-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Got a link? Thanks

Thorpe
06-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Not sure about $59 bucks, but found it for $62 and some change...

http://www.provantage.com/midland-radio-xtc100vp2~7MDLD02M.htm

tri again
06-22-2011, 03:43 AM
yupp
That's the one.

I just got it at the corner store for 59$

NO where does it say audio except in the instructions and only one line of fine print.
I had the clerk open the box in the store and make sure I had everything I needed before I left.

She was even amazed.

No mention of 'audio capable' in the spec sheets, either.

That's why they aren't selling.

My wife used to do box designs for creative labs at 130 grand a year, and most of this
mar com - marketing communications layouts cost 60-80 grand especially with all the cool graphics,
color layers and oragami box designs and packaging, folds, creases and cutouts.

but they forgot to mention that it captures sound too.

we tried it for 2 hrs today, dark, shade, sunset, driving to the store
the thing is just coool.

usb to computer, turn it on, it pops up, NO software

the size and weight of a double pack of juicyfruit gum sticks.

I forget that it's even in my t shirt pocket.

Comes with 4 or 5 different mounts too, handlebar, helmet x2, and goggles mount, whatever that is.
a 4 gig micro sd card (8 bucks) holds an hour of video, batteries last for 2 hrs.

got 4 nickle metal hydride batts with a charger for 9 bucks, it only needs 2.

Guess I haven't bought anything non essential in a while so it's a real treat.

Reminds me of the millions of $$ Chevy spent to market a great car in mexico.

After millions of dollars and no sales?
they determined that the word
NO VA in spanish means...you guessed it..NO GO!

Sheer genuis!

2Tim215
06-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Hey! Post some Video for us!!! I would love to see this in action. I have been looking at Helmet Cams for a while now thinking of buying one. One of the recent ATV magazines did a feature article on one for 300.00. Apparently it worked quite well, full HD etc. but couldn't justify 300.00 for a toy then! (unless it was a 3 wheeler! LOL)

rdlsz24
06-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Yes please post up a vid taken with it if you could. I am definately interested but would like to see the quality of the video first. Is there only 1 quality setting?

Rob

tri again
06-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Hey! Post some Video for us!!! I would love to see this in action. I have been looking at Helmet Cams for a while now thinking of buying one. One of the recent ATV magazines did a feature article on one for 300.00. Apparently it worked quite well, full HD etc. but couldn't justify 300.00 for a toy then! (unless it was a 3 wheeler! LOL)

When I googled that model ##, a bunch of videos using that camera were already posted.
I think the first one was a guy being towed on skis behind a snowmobile, so they're out there.

I'm working right now but will surely shoot some after work.

Now do we post them directly or post some sort of link.

tri again
06-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Yes please post up a vid taken with it if you could. I am definately interested but would like to see the quality of the video first. Is there only 1 quality setting?

Rob

yeah, x2
I just googled the model # and there are a bunch of videos already up.

I mean just shooting thru the dirty windshield on the way to the store, it clearly caught the dirt under my fingernails as I was driving as well as the license number of a car on the side of the road for sale, my walk into the store and full documentation of all the ice cream they had, labels all readable. Kids laughing in the background, cars pulling up, car doors slamming, phone ringing.
It caught it all.

Not sure how it could focus on the steering wheel AND the road at the same time but it did.
Good audio too.

No real setting changes that I know of, you mean like a lower resolution?
Not sure yet, but my trail cam (motion sensor for catching deer and critters) has that option, either 5 megapixel or 2.5

Yeah, look for videos already posted and after work I'll def shoot and post some.

I just put batteries and an sd card in it and turned it on. and it just works like it should. no fuss no muss.

I plugged it into my computer with a usb cord, turned it on and it popped up as an 'e' drive, clicked it open and poof, there it was.

No software no figuring stuff out, it was just there, it works, sounds good and it's just cool.

I have a very low tolerance for stupid stuff and I can't find one thing wrong with this thing, except for their marketing skills.

rdlsz24
06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Cool they do look pretty decent

http://www.google.com/#q=XTC100VP2&hl=en&safe=off&sa=G&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=vid&tbo=u&ei=2ygCTqD8HeP20gHr9cG8Dg&ved=0CHsQqwQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=b5d05efa27024286&biw=1659&bih=916

Rob

tri again
06-23-2011, 04:31 AM
I discovered that windows moviemaker is included in win xp service pack 3
so I opened it and it chopped our first test video into 5 second segments.

It looks like 37 kb, which is a tiny file so I'll try to upload it as an attachment?

Not sure if the site accepts video so I guess I'd have to join youtube and post a link to it there?

This is all very new to me and the video is just linda walking out the door with the camera but you can see very clearly, walking from dark to light and into bright sun and hear the background noises and voices.

ok, let's see if it uploads.

This clip really is smaller than most static pictures.

ok..
3ww calls it and 'invalid file' so it won't accept it as an upload.

But this still pcture I found is kinda interesting.
If you step backwards from it, the faces change.

I just uploaded this one to see if the upload function actually worked.

..so I guess t's off to you tube and see how that all works and then I guess we're supposed to post links to that kinda stuff?

tri again
06-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Cool they do look pretty decent

http://www.google.com/#q=XTC100VP2&hl=en&safe=off&sa=G&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=vid&tbo=u&ei=2ygCTqD8HeP20gHr9cG8Dg&ved=0CHsQqwQ&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=b5d05efa27024286&biw=1659&bih=916

Rob

Yupp, that a good link. This little camera actually does all that, so you saved me from joining youtube.

Thanks rd