PDA

View Full Version : Not your Grannys quilt

gotabaT3
07-03-2011, 02:05 AM
I wanted to share possibly the BADDEST quilt on earth or at least it is in my mind. Im fortunate enough to have to travel the mid west maintaining power plants. The states of Kansas Nebraska Iowa and the majority of Missouri. My wife sewed together scraps from welding caps she has made over the years to make up the 16 blocks on the front. She makes them and I sell them to my fellow craftsmen and craftswomen at work. I will add more pictures but they truly do not due this work of art any justice. So she sewed the individual blocks then green border, than grey border and tied them all together with black. Now she had the quilting out sourced as she has neither the equipment or space However she has the knowledge and skill. I Love you Babe. The reason i wanted a quilt was 2+ years ago i hired on a job site in Lansing Iowa for night shift it was the first of January and of course it was all outside work. It was -20 my first night there. I agreed to share a corner cabin with a gent from Montana who had 2 quilts his grandma had made him years ago. Our cabins heater didnt work very good. In fact it really sucked so we boiled water on the stove as an alternate heat source. After working in the cold all night the last thing u want is to be cold at the room. He shared a quilt which was a true life saver. 2 years later i GOTS my own. Thanks to my wonderful beautiful artistic talented wife It is my new prized possession. Hope you all enjoyed the pics and the literature

Bustos82
07-03-2011, 02:48 AM
that is some awesome quilts....

gotabaT3
07-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks, its actually just one quilt. I will post a picture later of the whole thing

Mr_RPM
07-03-2011, 05:48 PM
My grandma has a quilt just like that.

hahahaha jk
sweet, thanks for sharing

robtech
07-03-2011, 06:00 PM
As a welder myself, I can truly appreciate the love and care placed in it!

Extremely detailed work!

Eric250R
07-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Never thought I'd say this, but that's one bad ass quilt!

Tri-Z 250
07-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Send a pic of this to Bill Wall (leathers)...I think he might be interested in your wife's tallents. Not kidding he's a real nice guy, met him in Cabo few years back. He's really blownup since and has expanded to more than just leather seats for Harley's. He would trully appreciate the fine work.

coolpool
07-07-2011, 12:23 AM
After watching the work my wife puts into her quilts I can truly appreciate the time that went into that one. Great job from my wife and me.

harryredtrike
07-08-2011, 05:42 PM
two thumbs up,very nice work.

gotabaT3
08-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas. Its like recycling since as i mentioned it was pieced together with scraps from welding caps. My wife says thanks for all the compliments

tanks350x
08-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Cool quilts for sure... good work!!