PDA

View Full Version : Tecate 200 debore

86T3
07-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I was trolling around on cl to see what tecates were going for and found this add. I have to say its a pretty fair deal with a spare motor with pvl ignition and a couple carbs. I'm not interested but figured i'd throw it up. Whats everyone else think?

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/2468154001.html

atcrider1
07-08-2011, 07:01 PM
wish i was closer that's a bad ass ride

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
07-08-2011, 09:38 PM
NICE wish it was mine....it'd be a sick ride.

just ben
07-08-2011, 10:59 PM
not too sure about the lawn mower tires. I would be leery on the "fresh rebuilt 200 engine" the debore pistons are all over ebay and they cant give them away,however I dont recall ever seeing over sized pistons for this application.(would defeat their purpose) they debored by adding a cast sleeve which wear over time . If ihad to guess they just stuck a new piston kit into what they had without any machine work to correct wear. also they didnt say the spare engine ran.pvl ignition is interesting though. probably not a bad deal I would just be suspect of that engine. just my opinion

rdlsz24
07-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Back in the day how did race officials verify that you were indeed only at 200cc without taking the motor apart and measuring piston bore?

Rob

dcreel
07-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Back in the day how did race officials verify that you were indeed only at 200cc without taking the motor apart and measuring piston bore?

Rob

Good question.. These days there would be no need for a 200cc debore.. unless you could slip through the cracks and race the Yamaha Blasters. :D

shortline10
07-09-2011, 05:15 AM
You could here the the difference the -50cc made back in the day at the races . Lots of motor builders at the tracks so your not going to get away with cheating .

Rob

KASEY
07-09-2011, 03:54 PM
THE COYOTE RACING ASSOC HAD A CLAIM RULE IN THE 200CC CLASS.. if you protested a engine you paid $100 they tore the motor down right there,, if it was illegal the onwer was banned from racing,, if it was legal he got your $100 ,,,

atc007
07-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Here in Monroeton,P>O>S>T. You challenged,,they tore you down or you forfeited your 1st or wherever you ran. It sucked trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro,and was NOT fair! A LOT of great guys,running legal,,simply forfeited and never came back because they didn't want there new racer torn down at a dusty track. Other tracks were different ,more like Kasey said. But yes,,they tore you down!!! That's HOW they knew!

TimSr
07-09-2011, 09:28 PM
not too sure about the lawn mower tires. I would be leery on the "fresh rebuilt 200 engine" the debore pistons are all over ebay and they cant give them away,however I dont recall ever seeing over sized pistons for this application.(would defeat their purpose) they debored by adding a cast sleeve which wear over time . If ihad to guess they just stuck a new piston kit into what they had without any machine work to correct wear. also they didnt say the spare engine ran.pvl ignition is interesting though. probably not a bad deal I would just be suspect of that engine. just my opinion

That bike belongs to Garagboy34 who races with OTC, and has the largest collection of 3 wheelers I've ever seen. He had that bike with him at Lightning Raceway on July 2. Anybody who has ever dealt with Mark, or knows him will tell you that he is extremely knowledgeable and a straight shooter, who would never give inaccurrate information or rip somebody off. If you have any questions about what he means by any claim in his had, just call him and he will be happy to explain it. One thing you can be sure of - If he says its a fresh rebuild, its a fresh rebuild and done right. If you have specific questions, call him. You're not going to get accurrate answers from people who don't know him speculating about him on a message forum.

TimSr
07-09-2011, 09:31 PM
THE COYOTE RACING ASSOC HAD A CLAIM RULE IN THE 200CC CLASS.. if you protested a engine you paid $100 they tore the motor down right there,, if it was illegal the onwer was banned from racing,, if it was legal he got your $100 ,,,

The CRA pretty much works the same way today for any cc limited class.

bkm
07-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Man I want this thing so bad.

just ben
07-10-2011, 11:31 AM
That bike belongs to Garagboy34 who races with OTC, and has the largest collection of 3 wheelers I've ever seen. He had that bike with him at Lightning Raceway on July 2. Anybody who has ever dealt with Mark, or knows him will tell you that he is extremely knowledgeable and a straight shooter, who would never give inaccurrate information or rip somebody off. If you have any questions about what he means by any claim in his had, just call him and he will be happy to explain it. One thing you can be sure of - If he says its a fresh rebuild, its a fresh rebuild and done right. If you have specific questions, call him. You're not going to get accurrate answers from people who don't know him speculating about him on a message forum.

good info to know for an interested buyer. I didnt say that it was just a slapped together motor but it seems to be the case more often than not.I am always skeptical when someone says "fresh rebuild"

TimSr
07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Better pics:

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about840.html

Garage Boy 34
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
thank you Tim, its all good ....I am same way guys...did not know it made it over here, and I just posted it up here today forsale... little embarrassed... I do not have enough time in a day to check out this awesome site all the time.. even missed the last 2 TF.. anybody is more than welcome to ride it (w/a helmet)lol... before buying it or not... would really keep it, just outa room but like building them as much as riding them... Vintage Days at Mid Ohio July 22, hit me up to hang out>> thank you