PDA

View Full Version : What did you buy at harbor freight today?

tulsamike3434
07-09-2011, 11:36 AM
I got...

http://images.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/01800-01899/01847.gif
13 Piece Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set
Complete set comes with slotted, Phillips, square and star drive tips. Various shaft lengths and tip sizes to accommodate most screw driving tasks.

Chrome vanadium steel
Magnetic tips
Ribbed cushion grip

http://images.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/68200-68299/68287-t.gif
18 Volt Cordless 3/8" Drill/Driver and Flashlight Kit
Item: 68287

http://images.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/32000-32099/32046-t.gif
Air Angle Die Grinder

http://images.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/47900-47999/47902-t.gif
40 Piece 3/8" and 1/4" Drive Socket Set

dksix
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I've had those screw drivers, they are pretty good. I use one of those angle die grinders allot, they are a little light on power but work good for light polishing or using on a wire brush.

muthey
07-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I have those screwdrivers as well careful with the small ones they tend to twist really easy, and never ever hit the back of them with a hammer lol. The plastic splits quicker than snit

just ben
07-09-2011, 01:26 PM
nothing my knuckles get busted up enough with good tools. very few things I wil buy from there. I did get a 4x8 trailer there a couple years ago and it was great until a wheel bearing went. they are metric spindles havnt even looked to see if they carry the bearing

SYKO
07-09-2011, 01:52 PM
all snap on here, only things bought fro HF are impact sockets and some minor things. I use them to get casters and wheels and other hardware when making body dollies and such. Oh yea the one thing I buy alot from there is a little spot weld cutter bit same one snapon sells for $100 sells there for $5 so I usualy buy like 5 or so every time im there I got a whole drawer in my box of them.

redskinman
07-09-2011, 02:24 PM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro,im a harbor freight junkie.We all know their trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro is cheap but it gets the job done.I have those screwdrivers also.I just got an email from them today that has that automatic hammer for 29.99,think I'll have to pick that up.Its like the one Sears sells for a hundred bucks

Xpress
07-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I buy HF parts every now and then. I'd rather buy hand tools from Craftsmen though. Money well spent on tools I plan on using for a long long time :)

I do have one of their cheap timing lights. Flimsy plastic casing, but it has worked perfectly for us. Also a 3 ton floor jack. Would not mind having a 12 ton press and an engine stand though.

NOSBIGSHOT
07-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I bought a Chicago what ever the name is orange grinder and a 5 pak of disc's . I pluged the grinder in pulled the trigger and the disc exploded nearly cutting off my trigger finger . The guard was turned inside out and 3/4 of the wheel came off . I didnt have insurance . Luck was on my side . The chic I was dating worked at a Veteranarian Clinic and put me back todether . I still have the grinder under my bench .

redskinman
07-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I bought a Chicago what ever the name is orange grinder and a 5 pak of disc's . I pluged the grinder in pulled the trigger and the disc exploded nearly cutting off my trigger finger . The guard was turned inside out and 3/4 of the wheel came off . I didnt have insurance . Luck was on my side . The chic I was dating worked at a Veteranarian Clinic and put me back todether . I still have the grinder under my bench .

I have one of their big orange grinders,I've had no problems
Glad you avoided serious injury

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
07-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Sounds like a crappy discs to me seen em blow up before and do damage. I may use cheap grinders but I use good quality discs. My friend was wearing a heavy leather welding jacket and gloves at the time probably saved him. He had just put a new wheel on it was a cheap chinese made peice of junk, well when he turned it on it exploded on him and the rest of the shop me and a another guy go hit with some of the pieces. He ended up with a really big bruse on his stomach he got lucky that day.

tanks350x
07-10-2011, 11:46 AM
I've bought a few things from HF.. I got their tri- fold ramps to load up the 350X in the back of my truck, or trailer...They work great.. I also bought their atv-motorcycle lift.. it works great..

redskinman
07-10-2011, 11:58 AM
I've bought a few things from HF.. I got their tri- fold ramps to load up the 350X in the back of my truck, or trailer...They work great.. I also bought their atv-motorcycle lift.. it works great..

I dont have the trifold ramps but I do have the single aluminium ramps I bought there.I also have the motorcycle lift.Ive bought so much stuff there.I have their 4x8 trailer,drill press,timing light,lots of hand tools,I cant remember 1/2 of it

tulsamike3434
07-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I have had my angle die grinder for a year now and in still works great!

bkm
07-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Me and my buddies used to joke about HF tools and if it has moving parts, don't buy it. Sometimes we would buy the stuff just to see how much abuse it would really take. Some stuff though lasted a lot longer than I would have though and for a fraction of the price of the name brand stuff.

Xpress
07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
The Chinese seem to be getting better and better about their products. I know in the Radio Control hobby, the vast majority of products are Chinese nowadays, and the cheap stuff is starting to out-do the expensive name brand stuff regarding quality and durability.

Grindin' Gearz
07-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Snap on here too, had a HF hydraulic jack, crapped out after a year or so, was never really impressed with their stuff,