PDA

View Full Version : just sad...

atc200xkid
07-10-2011, 11:13 AM
http://rockford.craigslist.org/rvs/2470283159.html

unclecracker
07-10-2011, 09:04 PM
I love the quote: "200x needs pull rope"...uh...

Xpress
07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
^It IS an auto X...

motoman1012002
07-10-2011, 09:34 PM
the 86 x and the 83 r arent too bad these days hard to find well taken care of that wont break your wallet

BriansTrike
07-11-2011, 12:52 AM
i live in rockford and seen this.. how do ppl let them go like that their BEAT UP!!!

leviblue
07-11-2011, 01:29 AM
i'd do $500 for the lot and if i just came from the bar $400... the auto x looks to have a tweek set of forks there.....

Midnite_rider
07-11-2011, 09:44 AM
WOW, those are even past the point of me wanting them. I wouldn't give him $400 for the whole lot of them. I had a guyu argue with me about the pull rope on a 200X one time. I went to look at it and it had a pull rope on it, or it was missing the rope actually. I told him that it was not a stock 200x because they came with kick starts and manual clutches. He said that they did not. He said "I am a certified 3 wheeler mechanic and I KNOW they did not come with kick starts." I refused to argue with him... it wasn't worth my effort.

Bretmd94
07-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I have looked at two 350x's in the area that weren't worth 500$. I know my buddy went and looked at two 86-87 KXT's for $600 a piece and came back with just a few parts because they were so beat and not worth it.

I wont buy a beat up trike. They cost way too much to restore. It is much more economical to just pay extra money for the nice ones.

Xpress
07-11-2011, 01:28 PM
^Sometimes if you can get them for dirt cheap, they're fun to restore.

cattle-dog
07-11-2011, 02:47 PM
i simply like rebuilding trikes from nothing then you know what you have, we have logged almost 700 trail miles with my 86 350x that i went threw over the winter the black 85 350x will be just as trust worthy, when you buy even a nice one you dont know what your getting

Bretmd94
07-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm a fan of the OEM trikes. Rebuilding one with aftermarket plastic/tires/etc just isn't my thing. In fact I cringe every time someone buys a pretty clean trike with oem tread and strips it down to throw some Maier plastic and mud tires on it.

Plus the 350x I looked at recently had no good plastic, no good tires, the forks and rear shock needed servicing badly and the motor was weak. Oh yeah the gas tank leaked as well.

I don't see the point in buying a beat down trike for $500 just to put another $1500 into it. There are plenty of clean trikes for much cheaper that are already done it seems.

I can see restoring a mostly intact bike though. It's just the really beat down ones that aren't even good as a parts bike, the cost of rebuilding is a lot more than its worth.

Xpress
07-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm a fan of the OEM trikes. Rebuilding one with aftermarket plastic/tires/etc just isn't my thing. In fact I cringe every time someone buys a pretty clean trike with oem tread and strips it down to throw some Maier plastic and mud tires on it.

This is an attempt to keep from ruining the OEM equipment, the stuff that's irreplaceable. If you're riding your trike around with all OEM equipment, then you have a bigger set of balls than your pants can carry. That's just stupid- incase you haven't noticed, that stuff isn't being made anymore. Keep your OEM equipment for showing off, not beating on. A buddy bought a 350X with all original equipment. The rear tires are now done for, the front tire is going downhill, the rear fender has had the mud guard broken off and lost, and the rear fender is busted up pretty good. Sad.

I don't see the point in buying a beat down trike for $500 just to put another $1500 into it. There are plenty of clean trikes for much cheaper that are already done it seems.

I can see restoring a mostly intact bike though. It's just the really beat down ones that aren't even good as a parts bike, the cost of rebuilding is a lot more than its worth.

You don't see the point. A lot of us enjoy taking beaten down POS' and restoring them back to riding condition, or turning them into a sweet racing rig or whatever. It's a money pit anyways, so why not do something you thoroughly enjoy? In the end it's well worth it to us because we have something to be proud of that we can beat down on, worth more than money. There's a sense of pride when you complete your ride and then show it off to everyone.

Bretmd94
07-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Come on man, don't attack me. I do use OEM because I prefer the look and feel of it, but its maybe 3 times a year and in the sand. And I stand by my comment that seeing an oem trike taken apart and have a ton of atfermarket poo put on it does make me cringe. I'm not talking about the well done builds.

If people like buying a beater and putting countless hours and thousands of dollars into it, that is good for them. Usually they do it with the aftermarket parts that I am not fond of. I do like the retro period correct aftermarket parts though. I buy up the cheap oems. I picked up my very original 84 200x for 300$. I also found my amazingly clean 350x for $1050. Now i know that the area I live in is good for cheap trikes, but I am just stating that it is worth waiting and spending a little more on a beautifully clean bike than buying a beater and investing double if not triple into it and hundreds of hours. The original parts are rare, and they cost a lot. I don't have the money to buy them separately so I buy it in one piece.

This is just my opinion. So far none of my trikes have been money pits. They are all worth more than I have into them. People make them money pits by buying the really beaters that need the work.

If you really want to start an argument, ask me how I feel about the 84,85 tecates. ;)