PDA

View Full Version : Worth Trading for???

R-N-D
07-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi, was wondering if I could get a few opinions about a possible trade. I know that it is all really a personal opinion type of thing and based on one's preference but I value the opinions from those of you on this site and it's worth the asking. I have a 2002 Warrior that I have listed on here in the Quad forum that I'm trying to sell. I have a guy locally who is interested in trading a few FOID items that he has. Particularly one Smith & Wesson 500 .50 cal. He has an array of items to choose from and I thought that I'd see what the gallery has to say about this. Sure I could get a number of items from him in the trade. He also has a Glock, HK, and others. What do you think? Thanks.

bkm
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Guns for the most part won't lose their value. Yamaha Warriors however, probably won't collectors items anytime in the near future.

R-N-D
07-19-2011, 12:05 AM
My thoughts exactly. But, a bit skeptical with buying someone esle's guns I guess.

NOSBIGSHOT
07-19-2011, 09:24 AM
ALWAYS HAVE ANY WEAPON RUN BY THE SHERIFF"S OFFICE AND GET IT DOCUMENTED BY THE SHERIFF"S OFFICE .Just a little something I learned ...twice .

HuffieVA
07-19-2011, 09:52 AM
And just be aware of whatever laws your state has regarding transfer of handguns, they very significantly... I grew up in New York which is one of the most over legislated states as far as guns go and now live in Virginia where its very reasonable... having the sheriff run the numbers is a great piece of advice and at a bare minimum get a signed bill of sale complete with serial numbers... If the numbers are at all questionable stay clear of any deals...

With that being said, if they are quality guns, as BKM said, they will certainly hold their value long past the existence of a Yamaha Warrior

bkm
07-19-2011, 02:25 PM
He does live in the Peoples Republic of Illinois, so transferring guns can be an issue. In Missouri a gun can be sold privately as long as the buyer or seller isn't a convicted felon, under 18 for a long gun or under 21 for a handgun, and of course the guns aren't stolen. No paper work or permits needed.

thestud25
07-19-2011, 04:12 PM
He does live in the Peoples Republic of Illinois, so transferring guns can be an issue. In Missouri a gun can be sold privately as long as the buyer or seller isn't a convicted felon, under 18 for a long gun or under 21 for a handgun, and of course the guns aren't stolen. No paper work or permits needed.

The great ol' state of Missouri!!
I say pick up the guns. They may become way more of a commodity here in the near future.

rdlsz24
07-19-2011, 04:51 PM
As my dad would say, guns are like money in the bank. He has been stockpiling them and ammo lately. I think he hits up gun shows about once a month lol

Rob

R-N-D
07-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Well, I certainly appreciate the info. This guy has an assortment that is unbelievable. I'm trying to upload the photo he sent me and this is just handguns. He states that he is a gun enthusiast/collector. In the state of Illinois, you just need to give a copy of your license, and your foid card to the buyer/seller to show proof of where it came from and where it's going to. States that right on the back of the FOID card itself. Kinda hard to believe! Looking at a Glock 9 or Glock 45 plus a revolver. Maybe an HK...

Swinger
07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
cant go wrong with guns I figure. Everyone is right! What happens if they try to take away guns or quit selling or something. Ya never know anymore