PDA

View Full Version : Smith Road Raceway Farewell Race - Labor Day - September 5, 2011

TimSr
07-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Come and honor racing icon George Singler as he holds his last race at Smith Road Raceway. George has operated Smith Road for over 40 years, and has finally decided to call it quits.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/sutra8412.php#8412

seadoo650
07-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Very sad to hear Tim. Allways had a blast at Smith Road.

Mosh
07-20-2011, 09:06 AM
I will be there for this.

Tri-Z 250
07-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I remember going there as a 12yr old. The holiday races were like our local National race. The turnouts were always impressive back then to a kid. Lots of tallent have spun some laps on that track, tons of history. Sad to see George, calling it quits. I'm sure age, wanting to spend time with the family and the effort has worn him thin. Hope George turns the LLC over to another member to keep the gates open in the future.

If you plan on attending get there on time...EARLY George starts practice ON TIME and if you miss it you miss it. I recomend practice as the track has many areas that they change direction so you never run the same track everytime. SUPER beginer track...nothing scary very much oldschool outdoorMX style. This track will test your endurance in just a few short laps...it's pretty lengthy

Bryan Raffa
07-20-2011, 11:46 PM
I wanna go to this!!!!!!

Mrs.Mosh
07-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Is it 15 racers to get 2 classes Tim?

TimSr
08-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Is it 15 racers to get 2 classes Tim?

Yes, This is why its extremely important that racers sign up in the OTC forum, or email me, or call me and let me know they are coming so I can add them to the list and arrange for two classes if we have enough. Otherwise, if we have more than 15 "surprise" racers they will just randomly split the one 3 wheeler class into two groups. We are currently right on the verge of two classes. Surprise racers are always welcome but we just can't split into A and B groups if we don't know before starting sign up at the track.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about843.html

Tri-Z 250
08-01-2011, 10:15 AM
T I M: Just letting you know I will be there for the B class 200X #40; I can't post on your site, really doubt you want a phone call from me, sorry.

Mrs.Mosh
08-03-2011, 10:00 AM
We are only like 2 people short then, right? I'm thinking about it.

TimSr
08-03-2011, 11:47 AM
T I M: Just letting you know I will be there for the B class 200X #40; I can't post on your site, really doubt you want a phone call from me, sorry.

Thanks. I've added you to the list.

TimSr
08-03-2011, 11:49 AM
We are only like 2 people short then, right? I'm thinking about it.

Assuming we get 100% who signed up, that is correct. What better why to honor George's retirement race than by running your own "retirment race"!

ditchmud
08-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm not promising but I would like for Corbin to race this last time. Hope to see you all there!

TimSr
09-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Only a few days away! 12 racers currently signed up. We need 15 to run a 2nd class. If you coming, please sign up on the OTC forum, send me an email, or call so we can have a 2nd class included.
http://otc.myfastforum.org/forum12.php

TimSr
09-04-2011, 12:04 PM
We now have enough racers for both an A and a B Class, so sign up accordingly when you get there. If you have been holding out for a B Class, you are good to go. If you hadn't signed up up yet, you can still come. The signup on the OTC forum is just to arrange for number of classes. When you arrive at Smith Rd, you can begin unloading, until the signup building opens.

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about843.html

Mosh
09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Moto 1, A class Helmet cam footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NsJeV-hk_8

Tri-Z 250
09-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Condition were perfect the track was layed out for some fast laps for a great send-off to George. OTC was out in full force with a whole group of newcomers, and the oldschoolers as well. A Class was ripping but from the staging area it was tuff watching the entire race. B Class from me went good with a 5-6 for a 5th-overall on the day with no misshaps. Seemed I was battling Toinesta Trikes all day; without rubbing elbows with ATCTim(dang450's)...we missed ya buddy. The frist moto I was fighting it out with E-man on his WhiteBrothers TT450 for some great riding. He had a poor start to work through the pack and slipped by me as I left the barndoor open to the inside corner before the straight...BIG mistake. I pressed the TTriked E-man for 2 laps which put us right on the heals of the lead pack(2nd & 3rd). I came close to getting the position back but to no avail the mini motored 200X just couldn't pull like the 450 out of every corner. The second moto was a bad start for me...netural !!!*&^% gate drop. I struggled catching up and passing MrsMosh's 2-FAST 250R again the lack of power out of the truns. She held her line and what can you say...that girl can ride! The 3/4 of a lap it took to get around her the whole time someome??? was knocking on my backdoor. Turns out it was Z-28Bob, who just so happend to be on ACTTim's TT450(lucky me). I thought I created space after the pass but Bob was HOT on my heals. He pushed me for a entire lap only to lay down a pass on the hardest turn on the course. It was a right hand, downhill, off-camber that fell away from the inside. Textbook smooth with great throddle control he took avantage of the inside with a right-on by roosting. I tried to hold on and catch my wind to regroup on the last lap. I pressed for 1/2 the final lap but it seemed Bob just got smoother and walked away. I had a big BOG over some monster breaking bumps(at the end of the long straght)....I looked back and was alone. The pack infront of Bob and I was not reachable by me. I gave into the arm pump and crusied it to the finish.
I came with the goal of a solid 5th which is exactly what I got. I always feel I could have done better or second guess the outside line choice. I guess thats why they say "thats racing." This was a GREAT trunout and BIG THANKS to those newguys for coming out, and SR. for putting together a GREAT LABORDAY 2011

TimSr
09-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Pictures and Videos are now posted up:

http://otc.myfastforum.org/about871.html