PDA

View Full Version : disaster area

Tri-Z_Jim
11-17-2002, 08:54 PM
This is what I woke up to this morning.We had no electric for around 20 hrs.I didnt do anything today except clean branches in my yard.I rode the YTM for a few hrs also.Many peple wont have power until tuesday.

Tri-Z_Jim
11-17-2002, 08:56 PM

Tri-Z_Jim
11-17-2002, 08:59 PM
wires were down in 20 places on my road.
The broken telephone pole was about 7 miles from my house.

jeswinehart
11-17-2002, 09:56 PM
heard about the storm brewing out there,,, havn't caught any news since friday night so you are bring it to me live jim.
is that what you call a nor-easter type of thing ?
in s.w. michigan we had what i would think was some fall-out of that storm but the winds changed and started coming out of the north again and brought clearing skys (after me and my buddie was done doing our sunday scuba dive) at 10 a.m.
hemichallenger probbly felt a little more then me, him being a little closer to lake erie.

john

Trikeaholic
11-17-2002, 10:19 PM
man that sux, we had no power from 9AM to Noon, it was really pissin me off cause we had people coming over for the lil holics B Day party (number 3) NYSEG said the cause was "Ice" but, it wasnt as bad as that!!

HemiChallenger71
11-17-2002, 10:41 PM
We had quite a bit of snow here yesterday, none of it sticked though. That looks liek one bad ice storm, bet it was fun tryign to drive in that.

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-17-2002, 11:01 PM
we had about half a inch of ice over everything here....wasnt anything that bad though.....

Dynofox
11-18-2002, 12:29 AM
All we had was rain last night, so all the snow we had (1-2in) already melted.

MustangChris
11-18-2002, 01:39 AM
Lucky people all we had is a bunch of heat and then a little cold. Not even enough cold to bring the deer out for me to shoot.

Ace Mon
11-18-2002, 03:01 AM
Dude that is a spectacle to behold ! Wow ! Bummer about the whole power thin of coarse . The good news is you are without property damage !

Tri-Z_Jim
11-18-2002, 12:26 PM
Mother Nature drops 3 inches of snow on us.....That trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!!
I had to go in on my day off to plow snow.i only worked for 3 hrs so it wasnt too bad.I also put a nice crease in the side of the boss's truck.A huge branch fell into it when I was plowing.
The ice storm layed a few telephone poles down infront of his house.The wires are draped across all of his dumptrucks and cannot be moved until wed or thursday.All 3 of his driveways are blocked off too.
Well,,,time to go riding(in my yard). today is the first day of rifle season.

Tri-Z_Jim
11-18-2002, 12:30 PM
this is the back of my house/garage.

Joel85350X
11-18-2002, 01:39 PM
Tri-Z and the rest of you, you should consider yourselfs lucky to have cool weather like that. Granted, sometimes it is damaging, but at least you get a littlew change here and there. I am stuck here in indiana where all we get is tornados and gray days. I just wish we could get a good dumping of snow every once in a while. We usually only get about 3 or 4 weeks of snow which comes near spring break in March.

Indiana weather sux.

Glad to hear nobody was hurt. And at least you damaged your boss' truck and not your own. :)

Wickedfinger
11-18-2002, 07:56 PM
... looks like it'd be a blast to play in - if it wasn't for all the havoc it caused. I like that pic of the YTM Jim, - good stuff.

HemiChallenger71
11-19-2002, 12:21 AM
Hey look at it this way, your not working, and spending time on your trikes. I wish I had some snow. By the way, how is a 2 stroke in the snow? Also, why isn't that sled out being ridden???

Tri-Z_Jim
11-19-2002, 01:04 AM
The sled belongs to a friend.Its a worn out late 70's yamaha 340et.I can ride it when ever i want, but it isnt worth the effort to get it started.