PDA

View Full Version : anybody here like bluedogs?

jordan_muirhead
07-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I was just wonderin if anybody here coon hunted, and if anybody hunted bluedogs

HuffieVA
07-26-2011, 04:34 PM
I had a Blue Tick about 12-13 years ago never used her to hunt (she was gun shy) but she was a great dog, she loved the kids and was smart as hell, she learned to let herself in and out of the front door (door had a push latch instead of a knob) She was just like an extra kid though and wouldn't shut the door behind her. We lived in Upstate New York and woke up one night freezing our asses off, got up to check thing out and there laid good old Blue curled up under the wood stove with the front door wide open and about 6" of snow drifted half way across the living room floor... I got her from a friend who bread them and swears by them though. Unfortunately for Blue the move to Virginia was too much for her, she went from a 400 acre farm to a 1/4 acre yard and she ran away / wondered off one night soon after we moved and we never saw her again.

jordan_muirhead
07-26-2011, 04:44 PM
thats unfortunate, id hate it if mine ran off, we have a few here, and a litter right now for sale....two weeks old, im tryin to get into it myself ive always loved it, goin with my buddy, been tryin to hunt my bluedog more often, his name is forrest, he is the goofiest, saddest lookin bluedog with long ears.....hes a pretty good size dog, hes about 18 months, but, if hes in the woods with a female he wont leave them alone, he doesnt understand why hes in the woods yet, when I let him loose with male dogs on a hit coon, he ran on track with them, the whole nine yards, but if he goes out with a female, he just goes where theh go, hes a little gun shy but im gunna start workin on that too