PDA

View Full Version : 200x

jordan_muirhead
08-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I was wondering if a 200x that is running for 400 bucks is a good deal, my buddy knows where one is and im gunna try to get it, anything I should look for?

rdlsz24
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Hard to say without seeing pics. $400 for a first gen is about average. Try kick starting it and see if the kicker gears slip

Rob

jordan_muirhead
08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
so if it doesnt slip im good? my buddy said it runs great tho, im waitin on him to take pics cuz its a good 30 minutes from me
but if I make it an auto x I dont have to worry about the kickstart as much right?

Matt85'350x
08-01-2011, 06:40 PM
so if it doesnt slip im good? my buddy said it runs great tho, im waitin on him to take pics cuz its a good 30 minutes from me
but if I make it an auto x I dont have to worry about the kickstart as much right?
Correct, an auto x traditionally uses either a 200s or 185 engine; both are pull start.

jordan_muirhead
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I was pretty sure, ive already looked into it, my only trike is a 185s lol, but how hard is it to fix the (slippage) if it happens to exist, because I wouldnt start on making it an auto x for a little while, and id still wanna rideit....i guess I could always pushstart it right? thanks for the help

atc007
08-01-2011, 07:28 PM
You can still coast start it yes. To fix them properly. You have to split the cases,completely. So,you need some time and knowledge. But,if they're not slipping. You will be looking for the usual,,,,,,deeep breath,,,Loose or leaky forks,,bad or loose,,,swingarm,rear axle,fr wheel and head bearings. Loose hubs on the splines,smoking,ticking,ratting,slipping clutch. Bad brakes,pads or sticky slide pins,bad or stuck hydraulics,tires,plastic seat. Rusty tank? Idles good? Lights working? Air filter crumbled in the bottom of the air box. Shocks working correctly. Axle straight? Frame cracked or welded? If most checks out,,,that's a LOT of machine for $350-$400!

jordan_muirhead
08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
well, even if it has a few problem, I plan on replacing all bearings, brakes....but it would be cheaper to buy the whole trike, you dont see alot of trikes in this area, he doesnt have it up for sale, but would let it go for 400 he said, which give mes time to get things in order
how do you tell if forks are leaky or loose how do you fix this? seals, is this expensive?

rdlsz24
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
If the forks are leaking you will be able to tell, they make a mess. And they make a squishing sound when you compress them.

Rob

jordan_muirhead
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM
oh, well, that seems simple enough...would seals fix this?