PDA

View Full Version : My service truck

smokinwrench
10-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Here it is my work truck. 2002 F550,powerstroke,6 speed,4.56 gears. 8000lb crane,Miller Bobcat welder, hydraulic driven air compressor, I can control the entire truck from the hoist control cord. 12/24 volt jump start system. The bed has fans to keep the boxes pressurized so dirt can't enter. It wieghs 18500 lbs. This thing makes my job alot easier and plus I look damn good driving it all over :D I have no problem picking up trikes when I find them ;) .

Trikeaholic
10-29-2003, 11:25 PM
:D

SpeedBump
10-29-2003, 11:44 PM
First is when it was American Freightways. The second pic is after FedEX bought us. We run both 45-48 foot vans, and like in the second pic, 28 foot pups. Most of our tractors are still white. but have the FedEX logo on them.

http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/af.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~cinnamonlou/pics/fedex.jpg

BTW, disclaimer....these pictures are not of MY actual truck...but I drive one that is just like them. I don't have any pics of mine. :oops:

jeswinehart
10-30-2003, 06:42 AM
thats a great work platform smokinwrench,,, real nice.

SpeedBump,,, can you get me a deal on getting a trike from michigan to nevada ?

i just renewed my c.d.l. license ,,, 80 bucks ! at least it's good for 4 years,,,

john

ATC crazy
10-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Nice lookin trucks. My dad's company is getting rid of his P.O.S. chevy and replacing it with a 2004 F-150

dividebyzero
10-30-2003, 04:08 PM
you call them little things a truck?We pull '53 foot vans. :twisted:

motoman1012002
10-30-2003, 04:12 PM
very nice trucks

SpeedBump
10-30-2003, 08:10 PM
you call them little things a truck?We pull '53 foot vans. :twisted: ANYBODY can pull ONE trailer! Try 2 or 3. I have pulled multiples and still do. (BTW two 28' trailers and a converter dolly is about 56' of lenght, so not actually little, eh? This is if you were talking about mine. :D ) Oh, and your Volvo is nice. They ride really good.

YAMAHA_Jim
10-30-2003, 10:03 PM
Nice truck smokinwrench. The John Deere service guy around here has the same truck with a different name(Nortrax Power Equip.) and a JD logo.

I dont have a service truck. My service truck is a backhoe,bulldozer,excavator,etc. :)

dividebyzero
10-30-2003, 10:37 PM
you call them little things a truck?We pull '53 foot vans. :twisted: ANYBODY can pull ONE trailer! Try 2 or 3. I have pulled multiples and still do. (BTW two 28' trailers and a converter dolly is about 56' of lenght, so not actually little, eh? This is if you were talking about mine. :D ) Oh, and your Volvo is nice. They ride really good.I knew u were gonna say that ;) got me by 3 feet(trailer length)then add about another 4 or 5 feet cuz of tractor length(mine).It's always fun in downtown chicago!! :shock: Yes,i have pulled doubles before,not fun in the winter!The tight turning volvo's work out pretty good in tight places :)You local or the"night driver"?I know alot of you guys go terminal to terminal or swap trailers,should try a long rig backing up to docks 90% of the time w/rush hour traffic. :-D Anybody can go forward :D

smokinwrench
10-31-2003, 11:51 PM
you call them little things a truck?

You call yours a real truck. Real trucks have 600hp Cats, or they lift stuff. ;). I know volvo hasn't had Cat engines for a few years now, I'm betting you have a 12.7 Detroit in it. It is nice looking though.

Josh

SpeedBump
11-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Been at this crap since 1987. I know ALL about backing up. The last LTL company I worked for (Estes Express) thought 53' trailers were the PERFECT city unit. I used to travel all around the Northest major cities helping out other terminals when they got backed up. Take a 53' van with a twin screw into downtown Philly, or yes, Chicago ( our terminal was in Cicero) Try D.C. , Boston, Baltimore...ya get the idea. Now times are good. I start my new city bid Monday.....4 10Hr shifts.......Monday-Thursday. OFF FRI-SUN!!!! Home EVERY DAY. All hourly pay, overtime after 10 each day, and also after 40. This is the best place I have worked so far. Can't think of much better in the truckin Industry. Oh, BTW I feel for you Big Riggers. Get into the LTL BIZ as soon as you can. The "night drivers" make way more $$$$$$$ (60k-70k/yr) I like sleeping at night....not working. They also put in 60 hrs a week too. I did that crap for too many years. Gimme 40 and send me home.

dividebyzero
11-01-2003, 02:04 AM
you call them little things a truck?

You call yours a real truck. Real trucks have 600hp Cats, or they lift stuff. ;). I know volvo hasn't had Cat engines for a few years now, I'm betting you have a 12.7 Detroit in it. It is nice looking though.

Joshguys,guys,guys,just having a little fun ;) It was just about the trucks not the length or anything :) smokinwrench-what we do we don't need big motors.Has an m-11 in it.cats are good if you want power not good fuel mileage.detroits suck in my mind.cummins i would take any day.
Speedbump-I wish i had your hours.People ask me what shift i work and i tell them all three.(they get a dumbfounded look on there face) :D I'm home pretty much everyday too but on a different time clock then you.I see estes all the time,more by chicago and michigan.You hourly drivers hold us" per mile drivers" up :evil: lol!I'm glad you got into the local seen.take care guys!!

smokinwrench
11-01-2003, 02:24 AM
I'm having fun too. If I worked for Scummins I'd be talkin them up(Cat is #1). :D I only work half days at my job (makes you jealous huh). I usually work 12 hours per day Monday - Friday.

Josh

TrikeKid
11-01-2003, 03:54 AM
my dad hauls containers, and he acctualy owns his truck 79 KW W900A slightly turned up 400 cummins 13spd sqhd rears all alumminum wheels black with purple fenders 60 in flat top sleeper with aluminum wing. we have a 94 volvo with a cat ( cant remember what horse) 56 KW 525C w/ 235 cummins 69 KW W925 w/ 8v71 detroit (no turbo :-D )