PDA

View Full Version : atc 70 problems

blasterracer817
08-14-2011, 02:00 PM
hey guys, i picked my two atc 70s up today and i can't get the 85 to run, Its an elctrical probllem, i had my mom pull me on the fourwheeler to try to pop start it and it didnt do anything. Im wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for it so i can rewire it, the only wire hooked up goes from the stator to the coil and thats it. if you can help me get this one running that would be awsome.
EDIT, sorry I was trying to put it in the world class help forum, but it came here, if a mod could move it for me that would be great. EDIT

KASEY
08-14-2011, 03:22 PM
there is only one wire on a 70,,, it sounds like the kill switch is just bypassed.. the black wire comes out of the stator and hooks to the coil,,, the kill switch wire hooks to the same black wire and the other end to ground... did you even look to see if it has spark before dragging it down the street? maybe the points are bad.

blasterracer817
08-14-2011, 08:13 PM
yes i did look to see if it had spark, but i got it running changed the oil etc etc, it goes pretty good but the clutch is slipping so im gonna look up how to adjust that. and i mean slipping to the point to where when i "drug it down the street" you could here the trans but the motor didn't turn over, if anything i can pull the clutch out of the parts bike. also Kasey, if you could tell me what the other to wires goming out of the stator are that would be awsome, there is a green one, and a light green one. thanks

MonroeMike
08-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Wiring diagram.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84983&d=1261634822