PDA

View Full Version : Not all cops are bad.

thestud25
08-17-2011, 02:21 PM
There have been some posts on here lately that have painted some Police Officers as power crazy thugs. I feel that is the complete opposite of the truth. Yes, there are some that abuse power, but that happens in all areas of the world. Here is an excellent article and video of a man in blue before he was killed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/17/morning-rush-best-morning_n_929352.html?1313598483&ncid=webmail12#s332035&title=Today__Police

k00leo
08-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Very sad story. I hate it when stuff like this happens.

I do also find it sad that there is a need to post something titled as "not all cops are bad."

I would hope that a very high majority of people know that cops are out there to help and not cause harm.

H95Shooter
08-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Here there is just one cop no one likes. The rest are good. Heck the Cheif owns a 200s.

Xpress
08-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah I heard about that, sad story indeed. And most cops are just like us, just regular guys that like to have fun. A few family members of mine are officers- one even has a 70.

three_wheelin45
08-17-2011, 04:55 PM
lol in my town its about 50% dont care and the other half will get you for anything... hell my dad is a cop!

Chazz of Blades
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Around here, the cop in Saint Florian is a dick, but everyone else is great.

Shoot, the Lady Cop in Anderson is nowhere to be found! They'll call her, and nobody can ever find her!

leviblue
08-17-2011, 10:39 PM
my father was a GREAT cop. a true good old boy who knew when to bust balls and when kids will be kids. he was the guy you wanted to bust you. Cops also differ from place to place. Big city cops are awsum they don't want the paper work for bs so they let you go. in philly you really have to be an ass to get arrested. but in suburbs it's a differ story. 9 out of 10 can be the nicest guys when one , and there's always one, who's gun-ho and has to over show his authority. my neighbor is one of those.he's fought with every neighbor and over the weekend his kid ran his quad into the side of a car on the street. 10 years old no helmet no supervision just crusing the streets. the police got over 20 complaints about it before the acc. NO TICKET but the 5 yearold neighbor kid got a ticket for driving a tonka battery quad across the street, riding on public property,no helmet,noi ins,no lis. and it was towed. this was a F-in $150 walmart toy. he wrote these when he was off duty and on his off week. even most of the dept dosen't like him. yes there are some but 98% are great guys it's just those few that makes the rest look bad. like i said my father was old school and he knew when to turn the heat on.

Tri-Z Pilot
08-22-2011, 07:44 AM
It's the same as Wal-Mart, some employees are dicks, some go outta their way to help just outta the kindness of their heart.
I've dealt with both kind of cops, the ones who hassled me the most were the "town clowns". I'd get hassled for stupid trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro too. The State Police here have let me go numerous times for some major offenses (Yes Sir, No Sir goes a long way)..
The only time I was arrested by the State Police was for my DUI, the acting officer was so polite and professional in my arrest that when we met again in court I shook his hand and said thank you, because he recommended the lightest sentence for me. I even wrote him a thank you letter months later thanking him for arresting me for my DUI, and for treating me like a human being and how he saved my life and possibly others cause I vowed never to drive drunk again. That was 4 years ago and I have never drove drunk since my arrest, and never will again. I can honestly say I'm glad I got my DUI, and had the privilege to meet that officer.