PDA

View Full Version : "Suzuki LT -230 Quad runner NEEDS WORK" 1986-250cc-$500

Lord Letto 20
08-19-2011, 05:25 PM
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Suzuki-LT-230-Quad-runner-NEEDS-WORK-W0QQAdIdZ307105804

hi i have a red suzuki lt-230 the plastic are kinda rough the seat has a rip in back but has tape over it from last owner the engine was running until one of the exhaust valves stuck its a 5 spd with reverse, needs air filter a chain and tires , when its moter is running its easily worth 800 so id like to get at least 500 i have ownership.THE TIRES DO NO COME WITH BIKE! do not call after 9:30

what do you guy's think? it's just down the road from me. what would you guys offer? anyone on here have one, what would it take to fix it up? what would it take to convert it to a trike, if possible? i'm thinking that if i can't fix my Big red in the next month or 2 that i would try to get rid of it to get something better and i was thinking of asking this guy if he's willing to trade for it.

Lord Letto 20
08-20-2011, 02:27 PM
bump: i asked if he's willing to trade for my big red and i think he's interested. Any thoughts on the trade? what do you guy's think about the Quad?

three_wheelin45
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
what shape is your BR in

hillbilly 200x
08-20-2011, 06:28 PM
That suzuki needs alot of work, its like buying a car for $50 and putting $5000 into it to get it on the road it wouldn't be worth it to me. Whats all wrong with your bigred????

90guy
08-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I just picked up a 88 KFS250 for 350 and it supposably just needs a clutch cable and a seat recover. Be Kinda nice to have a little quad around with the big red

Lord Letto 20
08-20-2011, 10:34 PM
My Big Red don't run, i don't know 100% what's wrong but i do know it need's the Head Gasket replaced that will cost me $200-250 to bring it in someplace. plus i got no ownership for my Big red where the Quad got a ownership. i have also been looking at a 1982 Suzuki GN 125, Guy is asking $400 or make a offer, Got a Ownership, guy never ran it for 2 years, some parts missing on the handle bars, just the Starter assembly button and handle grips need to be replaced, there is also a SLIGHT Oil Leak but nothing to bad.
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-motorcycle-parts-accessories-1982-Suzuki-GN-125-W0QQAdIdZ307212607

coolpool
08-20-2011, 10:58 PM
MMMM, I don't know. Seems like theres a lot wrong with it. Other weak points on these are;
a) bad swing arm bearings which leads to the chain coming off. So that means a lot of these have repaired side covers.
b) The shift mechanism has a lot of moving parts that are'nt cheap and they need to be bought as a whole piece ($100+)
c) The carbs can be very finicky
d) They tend to smoke a lot when cold. The top end seals don't last.
e) The mufflers rot out quick. I'd be surprised if it's still original and in good shape.
They are a great machine when properly maintianed. My son just sold his for $1000. in near perfect condition.

Lord Letto 20
08-20-2011, 11:09 PM
My son just sold his for $1000. in near perfect condition.

ya, the guy said in the ad that if it was running it would be worth $800 Easy.

Chazz of Blades
08-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Yep, the person trying to SELL it is saying it'd be simple to double the value, not the people giving advice, remember that tidbit.

I'd REALLY keep the BR, and get it running, Suzuki stuff is FREAKING HARD TO FIND PARTS FOR, especially the old stuff, Honda on the other hand are in piles under random bushes.

hillbilly 200x
08-21-2011, 06:33 AM
My Big Red don't run, i don't know 100% what's wrong but i do know it need's the Head Gasket replaced that will cost me $200-250 to bring it in someplace. plus i got no ownership for my Big red where the Quad got a ownership. i have also been looking at a 1982 Suzuki GN 125, Guy is asking $400 or make a offer, Got a Ownership, guy never ran it for 2 years, some parts missing on the handle bars, just the Starter assembly button and handle grips need to be replaced, there is also a SLIGHT Oil Leak but nothing to bad.
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-ve...AdIdZ307212607 It isn't hard to change the head gaskets and get an ownership. down load a manual from the World Class Help thread. Fllow it step by step and take your time. It helps if you lable everthing that you take off and take a few pic's as you go so you know where it came from. That suzuki gn doesn't look to bad eather but I think $400 is alittle high for that bike I just sold a 82 yamaha max 650 for $270 and it was left out side for over ten years and it ran also

Lord Letto 20
08-21-2011, 01:48 PM
guy with the GN is not interested in trades, but the guy with the Quad is wanting to come and have a look at my Big Red sometime this week.

Xpress
08-21-2011, 02:25 PM
No deal. $500 is too much for that POS, it's going to cost you probably around $350 once all is said and done to get that motor running.

A seller who takes the buyers word for it generally gets SCREWED. Wouldn't be worth $800 even if it was running, probably $500 if it was running in that cosmetic condition.

fabiodriven
08-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Worst quad ever produced by far. Ever............

just ben
08-21-2011, 03:45 PM
is it an E or S model? a friend of mine picked up an 87 quadsport E what a pile and the s model is the same but with a retarded kick starter that always seems to tear up your leg from slipping off it. I agree with fabio

Lord Letto 20
08-21-2011, 05:31 PM
replied with this:

maybe, i'll have to think about it. is it the Quad a E or S Model? My Friends on a Fourm i'm a member of is telling me to keep my Big Red and Fix that and to stay away from the Quad that it's the worst quad ever made, it will cost me more to fix the quad and it's Hard to find parts for it, they also telling me that you are asking way to much for it that it's worth less then youre asking, that it would only be worth $500 in that cosmetic condition only if it was running.

Waiting for a Reply.

Lord Letto 20
08-21-2011, 08:06 PM
replied with this:

Waiting for a Reply.

Got a reply:

i dont know what forum he is on but its worth way more then that before i bought it i looked in forums and people said it was a great four wheeler and theres tons of parts for it on ebay, and remember its only an exhast vaulve thats stuck its nothing major like a head gasket i would go 450 maybe lower if that is better for you

Lord Letto 20
08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Just noticed guy posted it up again:
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Suzuki-lt-230-for-trade-for-three-wheeler-W0QQAdIdZ307655822
Suzuki lt-230 for trade for three wheeler

hi i have a suzuki lt-230 the plastic are rough and seat has a rip in the middle but has tape over it from last owner the engine was running 3 months ago until one of the exhaust valves stuck it has a 5 spd gearbox with reverse, it will need an air filter a chain and tires , i would like to trade for a three wheeler or something must be almost running or running and same or more ccs then mine. i have ownership.THE TIRES DO NO COME WITH BIKE! do not call after 9:30

hillbilly 200x
08-21-2011, 08:29 PM
i dont know what forum he is on but its worth way more then that before i bought it i looked in forums and people said it was a great four wheeler and theres tons of parts for it on ebay, and remember its only an exhast vaulve thats stuck its nothing major like a head gasket i would go 450 maybe lower if that is better for you Leave that bike there and fix your bigred...

fabiodriven
08-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Leave that bike there and fix your bigred...

Yeah, please listen to this advice.

The seller is retarded. He tells you "It's nothing major like a head gasket", but if you're going to fix the stuck valve you're going to have to replace the head gasket to do it. Pure stupidity.

I wouldn't take one of those heaps if somebody gave it to me. I had an 86 that was MINT. Just needed swing arm bearings. The thing had no balls whatsoever and didn't steer. You try to go around a corner and they just push the front end. Junk.

86T3
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm saying this to help you, you need to learn how to haggle. You follow the insult and offend technique. It will get you a deal sometimes but more often than not it will really piss someone off. And i can assure you that once you piss someone off you're not getting a deal. At any rate, be glad you didn't get that pile. Remember, if its an easy fix most people will fix it.

Lord Letto 20
08-21-2011, 09:16 PM
told the guy that i'm being told to keep the Big red and i'm being told that the Quad is a Load of Crap and i won't take it unless it's free and gave him a Link to this thread:

i'm being told to keep my Big red and to not get the Quad that it's a Lot of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro so sorry, unless it's free then Keep it:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?134225-quot-Suzuki-LT-230-Quad-runner-NEEDS-WORK-quot-1986-250cc-500

fabiodriven
08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi seller! :welcome:

Lord Letto 20
08-21-2011, 09:53 PM
got this reply:

was there a need to swear and people on forums just say trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro cause they dont like the brand or trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro like tht, you can keep your POS with a blown motor

RoscoW
08-21-2011, 10:15 PM
I don't know why you keep looking for these super cheap "deals". Most will be total buckets of crap that will need way more than your Big Red to fix up. Your well under $100 for a shop manual and top end gasket kit to fix your Wheeler and hillbilly200x knows how to get the ownership thing done (unless you know that it will come up stolen). Put the same amount of effort into researching how to fix yours up as you do looking on Kijiji and I'm sure you could easily do the head gasket.

I agree with 86T3 as well, you have GOT to change your negotiating tactics, replies like those will only get the door slammed shut on you.

Ross..

fabiodriven
08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree with 86T3 as well, you have GOT to change your negotiating tactics, replies like those will only get the door slammed shut on you.

Ross..

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I was actually going to suggest being a little nicer too. You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

If you ever did meet that guy there would be bad blood right off the bat with the way you talked to him. I'm extra friendly with people I'm trying to buy something from. Even if you low-ball em, they're more likely to cut you a deal if they like you. I start out really low and go from there. The worst they can say is no.

Xpress
08-22-2011, 12:01 AM
Even if you low-ball em, they're more likely to cut you a deal if they like you. I start out really low and go from there. The worst they can say is no.

x2. I always try to aim low. Once they see what you're willing to offer, they usually reconsider. Violence, language and insults NEVER work, so don't even think about it if you truly want something.

I would pass entirely on this POS. It has quite a BAD rep around the quad forums with power, handling, ect. so just let it go.

Lord Letto 20
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
LMAO, Now the guy is asking $250 for it:
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Suzuki-LT-230-NEEDS-WORK-NEEDS-TO-GO-ASAP-W0QQAdIdZ307860856

hi i have a red suzuki lt-230 the plastic are kinda rough the seat has a rip in back but has tape over it from last owner the engine was running until one of the exhaust valves stuck its a 5 spd with reverse, needs air filter a chain and tires , when its moter is running its easily worth 800 so id like to get at least 250 i have ownership.THE TIRES DO NO COME WITH BIKE!

Also, i'm normally a nice guy. you guys were saying how big a pile it is and i just don't know what came over me.

Lord Letto 20
08-23-2011, 01:59 PM
LMAO, Now the guy is asking $250 for it:
http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-ATVs-Suzuki-LT-230-NEEDS-WORK-NEEDS-TO-GO-ASAP-W0QQAdIdZ307860856

Also, i'm normally a nice guy. you guys were saying how big a pile it is and i just don't know what came over me.

Ok, guy edited the last post, Asking $250 but will take 200, need the Money.

swampthang
08-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Wow! that would be a good deal if you could get it for under $200 to part out and make alittle money on. If parts are as hard to come by as everyone says then they should sell pretty good. Chances are you may have pissed this guy off and he might not sell it to you now. You said he doesn't live that far from you not a good idea to angry him up. As Fabio said the dude sound like he has no mechanical sense if he thinks putting in a new head gasket is a PITA. I've learn the hard way that if you are always looking for that cheap deal to fix easily you have to know that machine top to bottom or you might bit off more then you can chew and have more money wrapped up in it than you could go out and buy a nice on for.

If I was you I'd put the time and money into your Big Red.If you get hung on a hard problem this is the place to be these guys on here for the most part are trike geniuses