PDA

View Full Version : Bombshell change to the OPEN drag race class!!!!!!!!

Billy Golightly
09-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Effective 2012 Trikefest the following for the open class:

Open class will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION!

Open class will have a 1-2-3 CASH PAYOUT.

$200 1st place.

$50 2nd place.

$25 3rd place.

NO ENTRY FEE

You CANNOT run the open class and any other class with the same bike.

If you don't like the way we set the rules in this class, or don't like the decisions made by us, go kick rocks. Respectfully. This class will be a privilege to race in. No one is buying into it or paying for anything. Period. With that being said, this was done with the idea in mind to help coax people to jump from the Modified class to the Open Class where there is more competition, and I want everyone to remember this is still a "For Fun" event.

This is a trial run. If its too high stress or makes conflict between people, we'll go back to how we've been.

Exact verbiage and revisions to last years rules are forthcoming but this is last and final change I anticipate for them.

Bryan Raffa
09-02-2011, 07:01 AM
very NICE!!!!!!!! Cant wait!

zmpolaristech
09-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Awsome! Time to build my open bike:naughty:

LastFoolerInVA
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Hey... kind of a newbie to the drag racing scene... but a what are the differences in the "open" class and "modified" class... or I guess... what are the restrictions??

Thanks

Billy Golightly
01-17-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/content.php/306-Trikefest-2011-Drag-racing-classes-and-rules.

These are last years rules that 2012 will be based on. There are a few minor changes (These in this thread included) that have yet to be added and solidified but this is a general basis for what the ruels and class guidelines are. The final 2012 rules will be posted on the front page.

fabiodriven
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM
That means I won't have to run the retarded chameleon Tecate that wheelies the entire strip again. Thank you William!

Xowner
01-17-2012, 01:30 PM
That means I won't have to run the retarded chameleon Tecate that wheelies the entire strip again. Thank you William!

Sorry fabio you will still have to race that guy, UNLESS he wants to move up to open class which means he will only be able to race open class only!!!!!

CRAZY70MAN
01-17-2012, 07:38 PM

That dude is someting else riding that thing!!! I love watchin' him wheelie on the edge of doom run after run after run.......

Tecate 50
03-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Hello everyone its been awhile......I like these new rules so I'm in! I planned on taking home the trophy again anyway! Build away boys....I'm still using the same spark plug as last year! hahahahahaha......jk

Xowner
05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Just another bump in this. If you have any questions please ask them now....

Bryan Raffa
05-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Ya............is pete allowed to run the same spark plug? I was thinkin of getting a new one.:wondering

Xowner
05-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Ya............is pete allowed to run the same spark plug? I was thinkin of getting a new one.:wondering

Pete will be DQ'ed if the plug shows to be the same one from last year. I believe it was a cheater indy car plug..... We just missed it last year in the tec inspect . Wont happen again this year