PDA

View Full Version : Low buck drag racing tree?

jays375
09-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Looking for a low buck drag racing tree.Or even how to build one.Just want something for 300' two lanes with win light.Basically just to practice and have small grudge matches.

Vealmonkey
09-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm sure if you look on the internet there has got to be something to help you out.

jays375
09-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh they do and they aren't all that cheap.

jeswinehart
09-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Jay, the light that I "improved" on from one started by sandpuppy has served us well at the TrikeFest drag strip for a couple of years now and from what I see will perform for many years to come.
You will have right about 100 dollars, maybe a wee bit more in it with remote like I upgraded to.
110 volt, inner fan cooled and programmable lights (but once set you most likely will not mess with again.
I will add info + links here in a bit.

Okay, here is a you tube link. Any more info need like controllers or what ever, pm me ~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6udMkMy_nQ
Nope, don't have finish light capabilities.

Chazz of Blades
09-03-2011, 10:38 PM
An extension cord, a power strip, and five small sets of christmas light, four being red, one being green. Have a person plug in the next set of lights using a stopwatch.

300rman
09-06-2011, 07:44 PM
An extension cord, a power strip, and five small sets of christmas light, four being red, one being green. Have a person plug in the next set of lights using a stopwatch.

kind of hard to plug in 5 sets of lights in under a second and a half....

Dirtcrasher
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
You simply need a timer/relay and some wiring skills. It's not hard, but not easy for anyone who doesn't "get" how controls work......

jeswinehart
09-07-2011, 06:17 AM
this is very similar to what I used in the TrikeFest light, http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAFFIC-LIGHT-CONTROLLER-/260849314668
It starts on the signal from a momentary switch (like what is on the TF light for back up w/100' of cord) or like I also have the TF light set up using a simple garage door remote + controller to make it remote switchable.
I am sure this is where I got this controller since location of above item is 35 miles away in Kalamazoo, Mi.