PDA

View Full Version : Fiancé makes me say bye bye foxbody:(

skidmorejr88
09-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Well guys this could be one of the hardest things I'll ever have to but its time to say bye-bye to my 88 fox body mustang. I'm getting married soon an the fiancé says I just have to many hobbies. Wich I do have alot of toys like my 86 tri-z I just brought :twisted:. I also have a few guns one really nice Kimber cdp and the mustang so something has to go. I guess it's for the best because I really don't have time for it any more because I'm always working on everyone else's car. Never ever let people know you work on cars for a living. It's just a bummer seeing what I know I have over 8000 in got for alot less. shens but hey now I can work on the resto of my tri-z! I'll post pics of the car later. Anyone else run into this kinda thing?

KASEY
09-03-2011, 10:34 PM
thats bs!!! she would be walking if it was me,,,,, if your first intent is to change someone,,,,,, it will not last!!!

skidmorejr88
09-03-2011, 10:44 PM

yea kasey but she makes some good points and she is a real sweet heart. we have been together for three years and the truth is i really dont have time any more to do all my hobbies. i did put alot of time and money into that car tho it was the first motor i ever built by myself to!

Vealmonkey
09-03-2011, 11:47 PM
The car, the gun and the trike are paid for. A wife is never paid for. And if you're really lucky, she'll clean you out one day while you are at work and then divorce you for half. Make sure you know what you are doing. best of luck.
Marriage=Legalized Prostitution! At least with a hooker, you know what you are getting. You'll have plenty of times in your married future when you will pay way more than it's worth and get no nookie or to sleep on the couch in your own house. Two words my friend
~~~Pre Nup!

Chazz of Blades
09-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Aye, a good lass will be understanding of your hobbies. Your hobbies and interests are what make you, you, and if she doesn't agree to what makes you, you, then she wouldn't be the lass for me if I was in your shoes.

Is she asking you to get rid of em, or TELLING you to? Big difference there.

dirtface
09-04-2011, 08:06 AM
What does she want you to buy HER with all of the Mustang money?

SYKO
09-04-2011, 09:49 AM
I love my wife! I drag all kinds of sh*t home and shes like coooooool.... though I did get rid of some mustangs.....8 of them lol

DasUberKraut
09-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I gave up my Kawi LTD 750 twin to get my wifey a laptop. Happy wife = happy life.

dirtface
09-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Sounds to me like, Happy wife=no toys. I've been married for 16 years and have a happy wife and lots of toys.

skidmorejr88
09-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Haha def doing a prenup and no joint bank account. She has student loans and I'm not paying for that s***! I didnt choose to go back to school. And I think what she wants mos is a house :eek: . Right now we rent a place. And she is cool with most of my toys I think she's just asking me if I really have te time or money to mess with it anymore or would I rather invest it into one o my other hobbies. Building a car like that is frustrating at least for me. I suppose I'm a perfectonis but I feel like it will never be 100% done there's always this little thing or that.

DasUberKraut
09-04-2011, 11:05 AM
I still have plenty of toys dirtface. The LTD hadn't moved since she met me.

Tri-Z Pilot
09-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I feel for ya man! Foxes are my favorite, had 2. An 84 and an 85 (love the quad headlights) My fav was my second one, t-tops, tremec tko 5speed and a 347 dart block with trick flow heads, eddie performer air gap, and a demon 850. That thing was a corvette killer. I had 273 airplane gears, so my launch was never that great, but when I hit 3rd, LOOK OUT. Only car I ever owned I could smoke a little in 4th. Alas though a girl didn't make me give her up, being 21 and bar hopin all the time did (thank God for 5 point harnesses). The roll cage helped too.
It's amazing how young and stupid we can be (well I was), just glad I never killed anyone. To all you younger generations PLEASE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!. It ain't worth it
Now I'm happy with dirt and a nice jacked up truck.
Hey Skid, at least you don't gotta wash it everyday, black is a pain. But they sure do look mint after that wash and wax.

jb2wheels
09-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Doesn't matter if she's asking you or telling you - tell her no. Draw the line in the sand now.

I've been married nearly 20 years. If she's not even your wife yet and already telling you what interests to have and what toys to play with, it will only get worse. It will always be a point of contention.

Pre nup? No joint accounts? Not sharing the bils? Quit foolin' yourself - you're not ready to get married - at least not to her. If there's no kids involved, you're making a mistake.

Time to ask yourself some tough questions.

skidmorejr88
09-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Got that right tri-z pilot to keep that thing clean every day was a pain! My car was all low end right off the line id kill just about anything on the street around here. It has a 347 fi block with trick flow heads, lunati cam, cobra upper and lower intake,30lb injectors, maf converted, 70mm tb, sct chip, 5 speed heavy duty t-5 with pro 5.0 shifter, zoom stage 3 clutch, 3.73 gears with nitto drags out back and a stop the hop pack from lake wood plus the headers msd 6al box and all the little crap im not gonna mention lol. And the good thing is im selling it to one of the guys i work with so cash transfer will be fast that way i can get going on my next project witch im just about to make a post about:) mayb down the road i can get another fox or my fav an 03-04 terminator :0

Xowner
09-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Got that right tri-z pilot to keep that thing clean every day was a pain! My car was all low end right off the line id kill just about anything on the street around here. It has a 347 fi block with trick flow heads, lunati cam, cobra upper and lower intake,30lb injectors, maf converted, 70mm tb, sct chip, 5 speed heavy duty t-5 with pro 5.0 shifter, zoom stage 3 clutch, 3.73 gears with nitto drags out back and a stop the hop pack from lake wood plus the headers msd 6al box and all the little crap im not gonna mention lol. And the good thing is im selling it to one of the guys i work with so cash transfer will be fast that way i can get going on my next project witch im just about to make a post about:) mayb down the road i can get another fox or my fav an 03-04 terminator :0

Grow a back bone and tell her to piss up a rope. Or you will live your whole life as her little pawn

ironchop
09-04-2011, 05:19 PM
I love my wife! I drag all kinds of sh*t home and shes like coooooool.... though I did get rid of some mustangs.....8 of them lol

same here....she started to b#$ch a little after she tripped over a BSA A50 motorcycle I had torn down in the living room floor before i got a garage and broke her toe......so I bought her a French Mastiff puppy for being a trooper

she complained a tiny bit when I "accidently" let her see just how many guns i had accumulated in my "collection"....so I bought her an AK47 with a bayonet.....she loves it

She mentioned my trike hobby was consuming me so I bought her another French Mastiff puppy (the first one got run over by a car) AND an emerald cut engagement ring

she also likes when I buy her stuff like pocket knives and flashlights....she gets stupid over a new flashlight like other women get over jewelry

my woman rocks and has NEVER tried to change me.....she HAS tried to tell me what to do but we agreed that it wasn`t worth the argument so we both give EACH OTHER plenty of space and freedom....works wonders when the relationship is two-way instead of one-way

skidmorejr88
09-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Yea I mean she's cool with all my hobbies an even gets envolved she rides with me and even drove the car to a couple of shows to! But I can't get her out to the gun range hmmmm. But the thing is we sit down and talk about what we want for our future and I guess for us to move forward to the next chapter in our lives I have to give something up. Let's face it times are tuff and money's tight.

RID3R
09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Some of you guys must of taken the "Fiance makes me" to literal. From what skidmore has said, sounds like an understanding something has to go and it happens to be his car. If she was a real problem I dont think he would of just bought a Tri Z.

Is that early 70's coupe also yours? Ive got one and its hard seeing the potential, but that one you have pictured looks pretty nice.

tri again
09-08-2011, 03:27 PM
yeah, the old timers have the answers.
I used to ask people what their secrets were to a long and happy marriage.
I got everything from
"huh?, you gotta live long enough!"
to
"don't sweat the small stuff".

"Keep carburators out of the kitchen" is one of my favorites.

"I get the outside of the house and she gets the inside"

I imagine what I'd give up to have things happy if it all ever went bad, so that's always in the back of my mind.
(almost gave up the farm at one point)

Thank the gods she loves trikes and shootin' irons.
She woke me up the other morning when I hear her trying to be quiet with the rockchucker reloading press.

Took me a second to determine if she was mad or still in love.

3wheely
09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
So what's she getting rid of? It's only fair....

oldtime3wheeler
09-08-2011, 06:13 PM
If your going to sell your car because the money would help towards a house....That makes sense. If your selling it because it just sits and you never use it....that makes sense. If you are selling it because she wants it gone.....That doesnt make sense.
You do need to have give and take to make a relationship work. When my wife and I first bought our house I sold a few toys(guns, gas rc cars and such to help with some bills and so the kids had a good xmas). It was a decision we made together. As time goes on you can pretty much replace anything you sell.
I bring things home alot. Sometimes they stay and sometimes they go(mostly for a profit).
As long as your happy and have no regrets, thats all that matters!

skidmorejr88
09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Yea see you guys know the situation I'm in. Rid3r that's actually my dads 72 coupe he put a big block in that's one thing I will miss till I get another is enjoying mustangs together but like I said down the road when me and the fiancé get setled down I'll get another. And yea she's not forcing me to sell it we just sat down and talked and its a logical choice. Drjoe I love the carbs out of the kitchen one to! I'll never forget my mom flipping out on my dad for messing with head off a
390 in the living room. And yea I'm happy I still have the tri-z to mess around with my 200s and all my guns:0

ironchop
09-10-2011, 02:29 PM
"Keep carburators out of the kitchen" is one of my favorites.

don`t forget "do NOT bake on a rattlecan paint finish in the kitchen oven"

thats a rule in my house

ceaserthethird
09-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Well let's see few pictures of your Fiance ???