PDA

View Full Version : Why does everything require paperwork?

tri again
09-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Noticed this all lately.
Gotta do paperfreakin' work to mow fer godssake.

Wake up, drink coffee, feel like running the tractor.
Simple enough.
but nooooooo, gotta return a couple phone calls, make copies and get stuff in the mail.
Now it's too hot to mow.

Wanna tear into that 125m trans. the other day. Cool.
Magical mystery tour. Even have a spare engine to open up first and use for parts.
nope, certified letter needs to be signed for at the post office.
By the time I get home, there's 7 msgs on the machine, all wanting immediate attention, of course.
Too hot to work now so I give up.

Kids? How's school? No Homework, YaY!
I hate to tell them that they're gonna have to touch some sort of freakin' paper every day for the rest of their lives.
It never ends and more than half the mail isn't even good to start fires in the woodstove with.
Maybe it's just me but everyone in the post office has the same disgusted look on their faces as they unload their packed boxes and throw most of it right in the trash, all while shaking their heads.

I know, tomorrow I'll hide my truck behind the barn, get on a trike
and go down by the river with a fishin' pole and some lures with no hooks.

No one will ever find me.

except the game warden and he prob wants, you guess it, some paperwork.

atc007
09-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Times that by 10,,that's how many I'm taking care of.. You have kids? So,,you get the idea.. NOONE can IMAGINE where my days go,,,no use in telling them,,,sounds like excuses,,,but unfortunately,,,it's reality.. So All our wonderful LAYERS can have SOMETHING to do : ) Ohh,,,,,meanwhile,,,half of my farm is under water,,and where we used to have a 1/2 mile driveway,,it's gone! And where we had 2 bridges,,,they're gone!! All are well,and that is all that counts! We took 11 inches of rain,,2 counties over? 1/2 inch!! Sucks when Mother nature draws the bullseye on you... NO paperwork today!! They'll have to wait!

Swinger
09-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Thats alot of rain, we got a bunch but not near that amount. Im guessing nepa means north east PA. You by Potter county? As far as paper work I need to get some resumes printed up today and printer is outta ink so that takes care of that for now till I can make it to get ink, rest is paper work for my oldest for school.

tri again
09-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Times that by 10,,that's how many I'm taking care of.. You have kids? So,,you get the idea.. NOONE can IMAGINE where my days go,,,no use in telling them,,,sounds like excuses,,,but unfortunately,,,it's reality.. So All our wonderful LAYERS can have SOMETHING to do : ) Ohh,,,,,meanwhile,,,half of my farm is under water,,and where we used to have a 1/2 mile driveway,,it's gone! And where we had 2 bridges,,,they're gone!! All are well,and that is all that counts! We took 11 inches of rain,,2 counties over? 1/2 inch!! Sucks when Mother nature draws the bullseye on you... NO paperwork today!! They'll have to wait!

sheese 007!
I was trying to describe the east coast to a local gal.
Rain bands and flooding and that one town lost it's covered bridge after 100 years.

I just hope you have good drinking water thru all this.

One year I Almost made a trike treadmill so I could park an atc 90
in the boat and have it spin some paddle wheels.

Or maybe a nice hefty chunk of boat dock styrofoam for the trike to sit on and just
let some regular sand paddle tires hang off either side.

We flooded here one year and it was breathtaking.
The water coming thru the back fence looked as if there were a couple speedboats
hidden in the trees and rooster tailing this a way.

The house was about 8 feet above the high water mark.

Best of luck to everyone.
I think I'll buy a houseboat with a kitchen and bathroom and forget the whole thing.
..but then I'll probably want a pontoon party boat / barge to use for a 'shop' to tow behind .
and behind that, a lil' dinghy to go get, yet, some more mail.

Never ends, I tell ya.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Paperwork to mow the lawn??!! You being sarcastic or have the greenies really gone that far over there in Oregon??

300rman
09-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Its because "The Man" wants your each and every action accounted for, documented, and carefully examined......make no mistake, THEY ARE WATCHING US. (If i disappear, the Black Helicopters got me)

ceaserthethird
09-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Its because "The Man" wants your each and every action accounted for, documented, and carefully examined......make no mistake, THEY ARE WATCHING US. (If i disappear, the Black Helicopters got me)

Who's watching the Government !!!

300rman
09-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Who's watching the Government !!!

Us. But unfortunately, there are 2 problems with that.

1. We will never know everything the government is up to, and while it is obvious what the agenda is, it will never be publicly said.
2. It seems like the politicians are not in control, unknown forces are. It would only make sense, seeing as how almost no matter who gets elected to the Fed, we deal with the SAME CRAP.