PDA

View Full Version : Terribal day!!

RodKnockRacing
09-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Well there's a lot of flooding in Northeast Pa from all this rain. Today I went out to my shed to see if I got any water in there well I did, and I took my 200x engine apart the other day so I can put a new kicker spring in when i get it. But now all my parts are soak and wet the only thing that didn't get wet was my BAPP Piston. Now I think I'm just gonna find a different engine and try to dry out the rest of my parts. Sorry I just had vent.

thestud25
09-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Dry the parts the best you can, then blast them with a silicone spray. You should be fine as well if you hit them with WD40 or oil.

fabiodriven
09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah man, the water isn't going to kill them. Just dry em off and put some oil on em.

tri again
09-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Did I hear that the wd in wd40 stands for
water displacement?

I'll hafta re read the label but I think it says it will displace water
on things, like electrical and obviously metal parts.

Also hear on a thread here that it's not necessarily good to sprat
gas tanks with because it dries out and allows moisture back into the rust after a (long) while?

That shouldn't be an issue for you and yer parts tho.

Have I seen gallons of it too?
If it's cheap enough, maybe a dip of each part into it
and then pile them into the infamous 5 gal bucks to drain onto each other.

I had a few gas tanks that I drained beautifully and left in the 90 degree sun for a few days.
yupp, you guessed it, it rained for a bit and they all got watersoaked so I get to start over.

You still got food and good water?
They say most wells are sealed from surface water contamination.
No sense in having a situation go from bad to worse.

On a lighter note, I wonder what they did with "wd" one thru 39?
;-)

thestud25
09-08-2011, 04:29 PM
You are right Doc. WD= Water Displacement. 40= the number of different formulas used to reach the desired product.

RodKnockRacing
09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks Guys

I have food and water drjoe

Chazz of Blades
09-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Here's what I do with wet parts. Dry em the best you can, spray em down with PB Blaster, pour out the excess, then coat em with WD or spray RemOil lightly on them.

skidmorejr88
09-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Hey man were in the same boat as you down here in south eastern PA. This weather has sucked this whole week so far but like dr.joe said our water is cut till they get ahold of the contamination problem. And wd-40 does work wonders i think my old man uses it on everything.

3WheelinMan
09-09-2011, 02:47 AM
I've heard most people have had pretty good luck getting just about anything with an engine (besides cars) being brought back to life again after being completely submerged under 8-12 feet of floodwater and all the muck that comes with it as long as you drain the fluids and clean the carb you have a good chance of getting it going again. Over 4000 people up here in the Minot ND area suffered severe flood damage to their homes and businesses back in June and are still trying to recover and get things back to normal as much as possible before the snow flies again. Good luck with your project and I really feel your pain with the flooding since I know many people who lost their houses. Most did not have flood insurance either & FEMA is broke too, leaving many walking away from their mortgages...