PDA

View Full Version : why???!!!!???

tjrider
09-09-2011, 01:10 AM
http://jacksontn.craigslist.org/rvs/2487912875.html

Vealmonkey
09-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Here's a link to a recent thread that may explain it. You should do alot more research before asking silly questions.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?134816-first-airfooler-conversion-ive-seen!!

And I'm being really nice and not bashing you about this thread.

tjrider
09-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Slow your roll a little. Im new to the trike world. I wasnt bashing or anything else. I simply asked WHY? Looks like you got bent out of shape in the other thread too. Take a deep breath and realize I have about 7 posts on here and had no idea these things were actually produced (hence the !!! indicating suprise) during the 80's and not just someones garage brain child. I thought asking a question was part of research. Ill make sure and search every thread on here before I ask anymore questions.

Thanks.

Vealmonkey
09-09-2011, 11:36 PM
The why is, when the AMA banned trikes from racing, alot of people were left with "then" obsolete racers which had alot of time and money tied up in them. The average racer couldn't run out an shell out alot of money for a new quad, let alone all the money tied up in mods. So several enterprising outfits came up with a stop-gap fix, the bolt on quad front end. It kept some guys racing their trikes. It also helped with some people who had trikes but wanted to keep up with the new quads that were popping up on the scene. There are not alot of these kits that survived. I just bought a 500 Nicholson that has a bolt on quad front end slightly modded to fit. If you only realize how many people ask why about the same thing and go on to say that it's an abomination to the trike, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. That is why I get nasty about such things. It's just another part of the trike history and really the next to last chapter. We that are triking now and keeping them alive in the various ways that we do are probably the last chapter. Parts and decent parts machines are drying up and disappearing every day. Some of these old bolt on quad kits are probably the only reason that some of these trikes were kept around as long as they were instead of sent to the scrappers.

tjrider
09-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the straight answer. Now I know. Im not here to bash or intentionally piss anyone off. Im here to make some new friends and most importantly learn a few things and get some good advise. Im just about to start my first full resto on a trike. An atc 70. I love the history and Im on your side with trying to keep a few of these things running.