PDA

View Full Version : Florida Trikers, Where are you?

Billy Golightly
10-06-2002, 04:04 PM
I've noticed theres a couple people around here from FLA, I'm wondering if theres anymore, and where you guys are at?

10-07-2002, 11:51 AM
I am here in the Ft. Lauderdale area.... just been busy with all the summer time south florida activities for a while.
1985 250sx

Bart

10-09-2002, 06:31 PM
I am here in ft Lauderdale as well. I need to run across Bart's path one day since we are in the same town. I am actually in Davie to be exact.

10-13-2002, 12:43 PM
i live in rockledge. it is right between cocoa and melbourne on a map its a little town. where do yall go riding? i ride out at the black whole. it is DEEEEp mud it is awsome to screem over the mud on my 200x abd then watch a truck get stuck in the same mud whole kyle

cmracer15
10-14-2002, 08:21 PM
i live in a lil town called auburndale. its close to tampa. we use to have about 10 acres by my house to ride all are atv's and dirtbikes. but then some rich dumba$$ had to buy it off the city and now he fenced the whole thing off and is making a housing development out of it. so now the cops have their hands full chasing a bunch of punk kids (as they call us) on their quads,trikes,dirtbikes all over the streets and they get mad when they get left in the dust by somthing 1/8 their size...lol

Howard
10-16-2002, 06:15 PM
Im from Pensacola Fl and go back often just checking in and seeing were you guys are from.
Later, Howard

Curtis-Tecate3
10-29-2002, 04:54 PM
Miami Florida here...

Curtis.

Cahdealme
12-09-2002, 05:23 AM
Northwest Florida here, no trikes yet, but I have a couple of 4-wheelers and have owned quite a few other machines. I'm getting ready to pick up an 86 250r ATC. It's not in very good shape but I hope to get it runnin and lookin' good!!

curtis sanders
12-13-2002, 02:48 AM
I live in deltona.central fla.I do most of my riding in the ocala national forest.I have a 84 250r 85 250sx.my kid has a yt60 trizinger.always looking for people to ride with.

12-31-2002, 02:14 AM
There is a lot of riding out there you just have to find it before the law shuts it down.

-Been to Ft. Lauderdale- McNab, Oakland park and the turnpike.
-Been in West Palm- Ketchman area, the Squares, Okeechobee woods
and even the Towers off bee line hwy.
-The trails off 95 and Boca Raton are ok for a short course with a lot of big burms and some nice wooooopppppsss.
-Nice spot in Ft. Myers off burnt store road.
-Ocala woods is lots of riding but bring the GPS after dark.
-Lake Okeechobee has a few places The Praire and the Guave patch.
-Ft Pierce has some stuff by the power lines off 95 that are pretty nice.
-Croom is OK but a lot of woopss and it's crowded (and who wants to pay to go riding anyway)There are some trails west of there that have a good varity, don't cost any $$ and there is couple springs that are nice to cool off in.

I'm always looking for new places to ride. I usually find out from locals or look for the trails and duck in with the truck before hauling the bike out. Most of the time it's anywhere from 30 minute to 2 hour drive to get to some of these places.

The biggest problem is that about the time you get use to an area the cops come in and shut it down. Which most of the time is because people are trashing the area. Can't say that I blame them some of the time. Just wish people would take home there trash and maybe we wouldn't get such a bad rap.

C-ya on the trail ;)
Tim-Bob

Mike Fort Laud
01-02-2003, 08:28 PM
yep

HypnotizeMindz
01-14-2003, 07:00 PM
I'm in Homestead Florida
30 minutes south of Miami
we've had 2 out of 3 main places shut down
now we ride wherever we can

sleestack
02-05-2003, 02:01 PM
I'm in miami.

Hypnotize and Curtis, where do you ride?

HypnotizeMindz
02-05-2003, 03:37 PM
i ride down here at a place called the "hump", it's an area of massive trails & mud.. like the everglades. it's a huge state-owned area, and they said we can ride there, but 'stay off the road'

we used to ride at the steel bridge, but the state took it over, and it making that a natural area, letting nature take over

there's a track down here in homestead, a MX track that they let us ride our trikes on to race, we just have to sign a release form, incase we get hurt, we cant sue them :D

i'm away from the big city enough that we can ride just about anywhere we want, except for the neighborhoods

sleestack
02-05-2003, 05:59 PM
I've been to that track, do they let you ride 3 wheelers on it? If so I will hang up my trx250r and rip it up on my atc125m.

Where is this Hump?

Right now we go to the levy off of Krome, lots of people there on the weekends.

HypnotizeMindz
02-05-2003, 08:56 PM
this hump is at the begining of card sound road
right off us-1
where us-1 branches off to card sound , you look off to the left, there's 2 main trails, one mud, and one a dirt road with alot of humps hence the name on saturdays & sundays alot of ppl meet there and bar-b-q, it's good for trikes, quads & trucks
there's hundreds of trails

ZACK
02-08-2003, 11:24 AM
What's up yall? I'm from Fort White, Fl. It's about 30 miles North of Gainesville on Hwy 27. A small town. I was born and raised in Homestead though so I wanted to give a shout out to Hypnotize!! I used to ride out at the Steel bridge all the time. It suck's that they don't let you ride out there anymore. There was also this place out behind South Dade Senior High that we used to ride at. We all called it Redland MX Track, but it was actually land that was being prepared to have a housing development built on it. The owner, Mr. Sands, lost his trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro financially and just let the land sit. It had mounds built up off the ground that house's where supposed to be built on about 50ft across. You could jump from the top of one down onto the lower ground and ride about 30ft and jump up the next one. It was alright I guess, that was 10 year's ago though so I'm sure it's developed by now. We also used to go down toward's the Key's and leave our truck's at the 'Last Chance Bar' on US1 and ride across US1 and ride all through the Everglades. I went down and visited my Grandma a few year's ago though and now I see there is a big store built there! I think it was a Walmart or something. I've been to the Motocross track out toward's Keys Gate that you guy's are talking about. I wasn't very impressed with it back then but maybe they have cleaned it up and take better care of it now. I have actually taken my three wheeler and raced it around the 'Pioneer Park' BMX track out there. It's awesome when you hit Magic Mountain!! Then they started putting steel cable's across the track so you couldn't ride on it. Oh well, I wasn't supposed to ride there anyway. Well, I just noticed this letter is getting kinda long. I guess I got excited. For people living in the North Central Fla. area you should try out 'Showtime Motorsport's Park' It is a Motocross track that is well taken care of and you can ride your Quad's and Trike's on the track too. There is also some trail's in the back wood's on the property with plenty of mud. You get to it by taking Waldo Rd. North out of Gainesville and it will run into Hwy. 301 in the town of Waldo. Take 301 North and you will see ' Showtime' on your left hand side of the road after a few mile's. If you get to the Waldo Flea Market you went to far. Turn around and go back, it will be on your right hand side this time. Well, I'm sure your eye's are hurting after reading all this so yall take it easy and keep ridin'.
Zack R.

HypnotizeMindz
02-08-2003, 02:54 PM
the area behind south dade senior high is still there... but it's actually in front of south dade high by the canal, it's named 'south dade hills'
ppl race their banshee's & dirt bikes there
at last chance thats 'the hump' i went there last night on my banshee... and about lost it in the mud
warning: banshee's suck in the mud
nothing like a trike :) they float

ZACK
02-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey, it's cool that you still got place's to ride down there. I can't believe Redland MX ( South Dade Hill's) is still there. They built culdisac's and everything in there but they let it sit so long that all the sawgrass and weed's and stuff just started growing over it. Man I remember playing Rag-Tag at that canal right there in view of the school too. Making ramp's and jumping our bike's into the canal and stuff. We mostly swam at the bridge that has the big pipe running along side of it. We were alway's up to something. I grew up over at 929 N.E. 14st and later moved over to 16920 S.W. 301st so I know a lot of the area's your talking about. I agree with you about the three-wheeler's are better in the mud. I'm about to get a Honda 350X from my mom's neighbor in Gainesville. I just bought a new Honda 400EX Sporttrax and it's pretty sweet. Not bad for a quad. The only thing I don't like about it is it is electric start only. No kicker at all. I guess if the starter break's I'll have to bump start it. Well, I gotta go. Keep ridin'.
Zack Rayburn

HypnotizeMindz
02-26-2003, 03:35 PM
is there any kind of get together / trikefest or anything in florida... i'm getting a new 250r in about 4 months... and i have alot of friends with trikes lookin for some kind of trikefest

any info would help

Billy Golightly
06-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Quick bump to see if any of our new people are from FLA.

rcjmanvsu
03-15-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm in Valdosta, GA. Close enough to Florida. I've just recently brought the 3w down here and looking for good places to ride in South GA or North FL

Billy Golightly
03-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Dont know if you know about www.atvflorida.com , its a pretty good website for finding places to ride. Closest place I know of to you is also the closest to me, which is the Alapaha river (Or Dry River as I call it) which is in Jasper, FL. Take 75 south to exit 460 (State road 6) and turn to the left when you exit. Keep going past all the gas stations till you get to old 41. Take a right and you'll see a bridge, thats the place. You use to be able to park all along side the road but they road department put no parking signs up. You can go and park under the bridge though. The only thing is that during certain times of the year when its wet (Like now) it has water in it and you can't ride. Most of the time though its just really nice dry and course sand for miles that you can ride, Real nice place.

wheelie king
03-15-2005, 10:16 PM
SEBRING , FL

As in the 12 Hours of Sebring Endurance race. I'll be there this week.

Great riding in the area between sebring, and Lake Placid, ..an undeveloped area of a subdivision ...but recently, a lot of it has been posted. :cry: :cry:

rcjmanvsu
03-15-2005, 11:32 PM
One place that I've found here in Valdosta is at the Withlacoochee River public boat ramp. I'm not sure what to think about this place. When I went out there it was sopping wet. Deep puddles everywhere. But its really easy to get to and park. I see more trucks out there than atv's. But people always give props to the 3W. Old school and all.

Erics350x
04-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Crestview ,FL Here. Anyone else in N.W. Florida? Know any good spots to ride?

Yamahondaman
04-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Palmetto,Fla. Here !!! 45 min's south of Tampa

Cody
04-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Greensboro, FL. Yea, I have 38 acres of woods to ride on here. If you wanna come and ride, let me know!

HsLsk8er
04-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Hobe Sound , Dirty South FLA IF ride in the dunes !! where the 250r 's owns
ANyone who want to ride come to the Underhill MUDFEST

my 250 sx needs some drive shaft work but will be out there very soon !!

triker111
09-24-2006, 09:53 AM
i just noticed this thread im in miami i also go to the humps just at the start of cardsound road before the keys it not bad and my other spot is holylands right of okechobee aka 27 at the broward west palm county line youll see the signs. its state land also used for hunting but its many acres usually have several hundred riders on the weekends bring a flag cause i think know their enforcing this.

conig
09-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Tallahassee Fl. wheelie king my frandfather lives in Lake Placid, can you be more specific?

wheelie king
09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
What is now developing as the Liesure Lakes subdivision. Still lots of trails, but also lots of private land and law enforcement.

dreadhed
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Hawthorne FL here. Not to far from Gainesville or Ocala, but we are looking for a house now. Trying to find some thing in Ocala National Forest so I can when ever I want.

Yamahondaman
10-12-2006, 10:18 AM
when we sell our place ...... thats where we are heading !!! nice peacefull place up there instead of the Huricanes,Wet Lands,soggy doged place we live at now

dreadhed
10-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Right on when you move this way will we have to do some riding. We are looing for a place to buy right now in this area. I would like to find a place in Ocala forest. We have been looking around that area. There are still swamps here though but it's not bad I like. Just stay out of Alachua county. Taxes are high.

Yamahondaman
10-12-2006, 08:02 PM
i can go around the SWAMP'S !!! :-) down here in Manatee County we are like 12ft. above sea level and when the HURICANES come ..... O M G !!!! WET !!!!
Besides the "Wife" has been here all her life ............ we are moving soon !!!
we can ride in time Brother !!!!

dreadhed
10-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Ya we are a little higher than 12'. Did loose a road that we lived on once during the hurricanes, but nothing some blocks & 2x4 wouldn't get you over. We even had fishing swiming across the road. That was kinda neat. You could just go through the swamps that is all ways fun too!

Yamahondaman
10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
well ??? the "OLDER" i get the more i want one of those 4-wheel jacked up ATV's !!!! Rack's,Cooler,ETC !!! :beer

Billy Golightly
10-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey Ronnie! If you decide to come a little further north I know a real good Realtor (my mom haha :naughty:)

Yamahondaman
10-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey Ronnie! If you decide to come a little further north I know a real good Realtor (my mom haha :naughty:)
COOL !!!! that means i gets the Discount ... :naughty: