PDA

View Full Version : 9/11/01

just ben
09-11-2011, 12:12 AM
A very sad day for our nation and its almost hard to believe its been ten years already. I remember it like yesterday and i will never forget. I was only able to see the towers in person once 9/10/01 I never would have imagined they would be gone the next day.feel free to post any memories of this day or memorandums for friends or family lost that day

dcreel
09-11-2011, 12:19 AM
I was at Ground Zero about 6 years ago. It's hard to imagine the destruction unless you are looking through the barricades at a huge hole in the ground where the twin towers once stood. I hope that someday the families and friends of the victims of 9/11 can someday feel at peace.. Knowing that Bin Laden ate a bullet is a small justice in light of all of the damage.

There was a movie I watched a year back or so with all of the footage taken as it was all going down. It's still horrifying to think of the people jumping from windows on the upper levels of the twin towers.

Vealmonkey
09-11-2011, 12:30 AM
I was up in the towers in the 80s when my ship was in New York for fleet week. There is no way I could go there ever again. I have so many mixed feelings on what all went down that day. Needless loss of life for whatever happened. I don't think the truth will ever be known.

Lil Earl
09-11-2011, 12:45 AM
i may have only been 6 years old, but being taken out of school and seeing this on tv, this completley changed my life, ever since then i knew i had to go join the armed forces to protect our nation, i am just very patriotic and when someone says they hate the u.s. i cant help buy say to them get the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out then. i dont understand how this did not change people, or how they could forget that. it will always be in the front of my mind. i dont understand why the videos were taken off our t.v's. the experts say it is bad for us to see. but as it was said in the song, if it was up to me i would play it every day to remind us

KASEY
09-11-2011, 12:52 AM
my alarm went off, the tv comes on,, 30 seconds later LIVE i see the second plane crash into the tower... i thought it was a movie clip...... till the screaming started,,, i will never forget,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Xpress
09-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Hard to believe it's already been 10 years since then. I remember going to school that day (was in the 4th grade) in my dads truck, hearing screaming on the radio.. The entire mood of the school felt different that day, won't forget it for a long time..

Definitely somewhat comforting to know that asshole ate hot lead, but it will never make up for the damage that has been done..

gomer202
09-11-2011, 01:11 AM
I was only 5 when it happened but i remember watching it like it was yesterday that day will stick with me forever

phantombiker
09-11-2011, 01:35 AM
cant forget that day...i was doing residetial foundations then. we were actually going to pour a wall underneath a house that was moved and blocked up.
imagine our comments when we heard it on the radio!!! our foreman just told us to take a breather from the heat for a bit which turned into almost an hour long break.
not too much got done after that. then on my way home the gas stations were packed with panicking people. wal mart was flooded. i just cracked a brew and hugged my girls.

Swinger
09-11-2011, 02:37 AM
Ill never forget that for a few weeks after the plane crash in Shanksville PA all the FBI agents every where. I was building a house on Indian Lake at the time and it was devastating being that close to it. I didnt see the plane or anything but give great respect for those brave people on it that decided to take it down and sacrafice their lives for the many others that may have lost theirs that day also.

atc007
09-11-2011, 08:05 AM
I said it before.. Everyone needs to watch the movie, 911 In Plane sight .......... Watch it AT LEAST 3 times. Sit,think,,,then move on. Most here are intelligent enough to digest it,,then form your own conclusions. It is a real shame no matter how you slice it. Condolences to ALL those who lost loved ones that DAY,,But in the military for TEN years now,,

RIDE-RED 250r
09-11-2011, 09:22 AM
I was working for a blacktop company at the time. And I'll never forget where we were working when the homeowner whos driveway we were paving came out and said he heard on the news that a Cessna or something hit one of the towers. And then shortly after he came back out and told us it was an airliner and that the second tower was hit. At that point we all knew something big was happening. Later that day after all flights in the US were grounded, I remember looking up into the sky and noticing how bizarre it was not to see a single jet trail or plane anywhere, and knowing if I did see an airplane it wasnt supposed to be flying. Probably the most vulnerable I have ever felt. Being a history buff, knowing about all the wars we as a nation have had involvement in, the Pearl Harbor attack and so on, I guess I had a small taste of what it must have been like for previous generations to be facing a real threat.

Godspeed those who lost their lives that day, and God bless their families who still today are grieving......

buster-717
09-11-2011, 12:12 PM
i was in the middle of a junkyard when i found out then air force one with two fighter jets flew over.

beets442
09-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Never forget and Fly'em high boys and girls!

Thorpe
09-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I was out in Wyoming going to school... I was the first guy awake in my dorm, stumbled out of bed, flopped down on the couch, and turned on the tube... Trying to figure out just what in the heck was going on, and going and waking up my 3 room mates, saying "you guys gotta see this *hit"....

300rman
09-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I don't think the truth will ever be known.

Truer words have never been spoken.

atc007
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Truer words have never been spoken.

Watch that movie!!!!!!! I'm not preaching,,I am the LAST person to be a conspiracy theorist. Just watch that movie,,MORE than once. Sober,awake,,digest it a night or two.. Then realize HOW true those words ^^^ are!!!!! Then watch out around you and be aware. If they did it once,,will they do it again.?? Then watch....... Loose Change,,,also a movie ,,digest that .. Then form your own decisions.. Very horriffic stuff. God bless all those military and their families fighting against. The cause.

Vealmonkey
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I really don't want to get started on here about this. If I do, the dislikes will fly! LOL I have my views and trust me, I've watched about everything one can get ahold on this stuff. 10 years have gone by and we still haven't seen a real picture of what hit the pentagon????? I don't really know of any jetliners that leave a white contrail upon taking off or landing. And they don't really mention the "perspective", like everyone learned about in art class. That post that is covering the "jet", how far would a jet airliner have to be behind an object like that to be obscured by the post from the parking lot???? That's what really irks me. Also, I've seen a crashed airliner. I saw the aftermath of the jet that hit paris mountain in virginia, and that crash site was horrible! Plane parts and all kinds of other things I shouldn't talk about on here! And for the government to confiscate any film footage from any surrounding cameras to the pentagon on private property, that makes me wonder too.

atc007
09-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Same here !!!! ^^^^ Sometimes the more you know or understand,,the funnier they look at you. We had a 5? passenger small plane crash here w 5 souls on board. Parents,2 kids,and pilot who had a heart attack. There were plane and body parts EVERYWHERE. Shoes w feet still in them. This was a small plane that glided in,I Heard it. There were ZERO plane parts at Shankesville. ZERO,. The picture of the bomb on the underside of the Military jet w NO windows entering the second tower is clear as day. Using all the available footage the news has shown us for years.. Undoctered,, I digress and shut up. I ,,,No,,I'm stopping now : ) Makes me sick.

Vealmonkey
09-12-2011, 07:25 PM
007, that wasn't a bomb under that plane. Look up air to air plane refuelers and see if you notice any similarities.

atc007
09-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Thanx veal.. I digress.... That much fuel sure would make a big boom tho..... We're done,,self moderating... So,How about them Tiger 3 wheelers???