PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use the bolt kits on eBay?

ringdingrider
09-11-2011, 04:17 PM
just wondering if anyone has ordered the bolt kits off of ebay that offer full stainless steel bolts for everything needed. im torn as to get one or not. i like the look of the oem fasteners and its alot easier to ask someone for a wrench than an allen wrench. just wondering if anyone has used these kits? do they look goofy when installed? any problems? im also not too excited cuz i do a lot of winter riding and dont want to get stranded in the woods cuz something breaks and i cant get the bolt out cuz the allen head on it is full of ice... but it would be a lot less bulky to carry the allen wrenches n what not other than big wrenches. idk. im back n forth on these. n i wouldnt want to strip the head either.
i make sound more like i dont want the kit, but i have my trikes torn to down to frames and tempted to do this cuz then i dont have to bag n label all my bolts. i put everything back in its holes when i disassemble, but they need to come out for powdercoat.

any info or advice would be great
thanks guys
Ryan

ringdingrider
09-11-2011, 04:43 PM
this is the kit i am referring to... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-1985-86-ATC250R-250R-Polished-Stainless-Bolt-Kit-/310153601338?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483698613a

hoosierlogger
09-11-2011, 06:43 PM
I have one of those competitors kits for a 200x. I have had it for about 5 months, and never finished the bike yet. I didnt see the kits you are considering. That will look awesome!

pantera1975
09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
I got one for my 86 R I like them in general but there was a bunch of the smaller ones like for the tank shrouds that were pan head they seemed hard to get out and IMO will strip the heads because of the low profile so I went to Mcmaster carrs site and ordered a bag of 100 pcs for the tank shrouds, rear brake parts and accessories on the frame for under $7.00. I also ordered diff motor mount bolts than what came in the kit with hex head in cap heads instead. Every one says DONOT use the rear shock bolts.

ringdingrider
09-11-2011, 08:06 PM
awesome thanks for the info