PDA

View Full Version : New Deere ATV's

BLAZERONE22
11-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Hmm, look who's getting into atv's. I'll post a link. here's some onformation on them I found. The line includes five base models, the Buck, Buck EXT, Trail Buck 500, Trail Buck 650, and Trail Buck 650 EXT. Whether hauling a heavy load, crossing vast terrain or returning from an early morning hunting trip, these rugged vehicles offer the perfect combination of power, stability and handling.

The initial John Deere Utility ATV lineup will be available through select dealers in the United States and Canada. The five models feature 500 or 650cc Rotax® engines; a full-time, progressively locking all-wheel drive system; and a full set of front and rear cargo racks or a rear cargo box. Two additional models, the Buck EX and Trail Buck 650 EX, will come with factory-installed accessory packages including a 2,500-lb. Warn® winch, a heavy-duty front push bar and heavy-duty rear bumper, front and rear rack extensions and fully integrated brush guards.

John Deere Buck, Buck EXT, Buck EX
Designed as a heavy-duty task vehicle that excels at hauling, towing and pulling, the John Deere Buck models features best-in-class ground-engaging performance with a gear-on- gear transmission capable of delivering high torque at lower speeds. A perfect companion for the farmer, rancher or outdoorsman, the John Deere Buck is the ultimate in a super utility ATV. Buck models are equipped with a 500cc, 4-stroke Rotax® engine, progressively locking all-wheel drive system, 1100-lb. towing capacity, hydraulic disc brakes and a top ground speed in excess of 45 mph.

John Deere Trail Buck 500, Trail Buck 650, Trail Buck 650 EXT, Trail Buck 650 EX
The Trail Buck models are ideal for customers seeking a versatile, off-road performance vehicle capable of putting in a full day's work as well. Trail Buck models offer a 500cc and a 650cc, 4-stroke Rotax® engine and a continuously variable transmission (CVT) for a smooth and powerful feel at various speeds. Trail Buck models are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes, four wheel suspension, progressively locking all-wheel drive system and a top ground speed in excess of 50 mph. http://www.deere.com/en_US/homeowners/vehicles/atv/index.html

thefox
11-02-2003, 08:59 PM
:shock: :shock: :-D :-D :-D :-D
I cann't wait to see the beasts! That one clip of the handle bars looks cool, the speedometer is kind of weard though. Was that a gear selection gauge?

-Andrew

HemiChallenger71
11-02-2003, 09:18 PM
I wonder if they plan on making any sport models.

Crash104936221
11-02-2003, 11:10 PM
if they build em like there tractors they should be some good work horses!

Joe

ATC crazy
11-03-2003, 10:33 AM
Man....it looks sweet from that angle. If they do make them, I think they will be similar to the Bombardier Traxter's & Quest's...especially using the same Rotax motors.

King44
11-05-2003, 10:31 PM
My dad works at the local John Deere. They're looking to have at least 1 model in late this month. They'll probably be looked at as "not quite as good as a Grizzly" or something, because they're of course being geared towards farmers and such, although I think it will be a great machine