PDA

View Full Version : WTB,,,WII,GAme console : ) Odd request HUH !??

atc007
09-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Ok guys,,the lady that helps me take care of my Mom and Dad is a saint. She works for me for $9 an hour,,doing,,,well,,those of you that have done caregiving or personal care know,,it aint pretty. Anyhow,,she doesn't have a whole lot of money. She is very head strong and Really is headstrong about help,welfare,anything like that.. Just a great person,,Anyhow,,her sons Bday was yesterday. He was 12. She wants BADLY to get him a WII. I'm not looking for charity,,they're on cl here for $75 w 2 controllers and nunchucks. . But,,I'd rather pay someone here than a stranger! Thanx all!

SYKO
09-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I know he wants a Wii but a ps3 is WAY better I got katie one for her birthday last year, and she uses it like a home computer (internet capable) watches moves on blue ray and plays grand turismo on it as well, more versitile then the wii in my op. My ps3 is used more then the cable at my house for netflix/hulu/vudu plus internet usage and games. And ps3 carries braggin rights and any one knows 12 year olds need braggin rights! lol and if he was expecting a wii adn got a ps3 he would freak out in a good way!

atc007
09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Agreed!! ......But they don't even have internet........

SYKO
09-18-2011, 02:31 PM
If tgey have a neighbor with wireless thwn the ps3 can pick it up

atc007
09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Ahhh,,,no,,,,we live out in the woods up here....Our wireless doesn't go across the lawn,,and we can't see our neighbors. I agree with everything you're saying...just,,he's played our Wii,and LOVES it. I have a ps2,and I'm happy w that. Son has a Xbox360. And this kids friends have PS3's He just wants a Wii. I cannot imagine not having to pay for my wireless!!!!!!

Chazz of Blades
09-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Well, it's technically theft to use your neighbors wireless without their knowledge. And a Wii is fun for the first couple months, then they get old quickly. BOTH the Xbox, and the PS have a Wii like feature kits available as well, so all the fun things we Wii can do, they can also do, plus everything else.

DasUberKraut
09-19-2011, 12:21 PM
What everyone else says. Wii's are junk. Xbox 360 is waaaay more useable and fun.

Mosh
09-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I say dump all the couch roots or anything that tethers him to a chair and TV, and get him a trike, quad, or dirtbike..

thestud25
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Well, it's technically theft to use your neighbors wireless without their knowledge. And a Wii is fun for the first couple months, then they get old quickly. BOTH the Xbox, and the PS have a Wii like feature kits available as well, so all the fun things we Wii can do, they can also do, plus everything else.

Actually it is not theft. A wifi signal being broadcast is just like a radio or tv signal. Plus, Syko did not say to use it without their knowledge.

Anyways, if I had a Wii I would give it to you. I own a 360 and love it, but the Wii was a blast as well before I sold it. Good luck!

robtech
09-19-2011, 01:45 PM
360 owner here and love it!

I also have a Wii, but the 360 is wayyyy more versatile. I mainly got the Wii for my daughter though, she seems to like it

DasUberKraut
09-19-2011, 03:56 PM
I think Mosh has the right idea.

atc007
09-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Mosh does have the right Idea.. He has a TRX 90,, plays outside with his friends,is on the football team,,they heat with wood,and he helps cut,haul,split,pile,and feed the outdoor furnace.. They also have a hobby farm with 35 chickens,4 goats,3 cows,4 dogs,15 cats,sheep ,and goats.... All of which he does chores,,365 days a year.....Can he PLEASE play once in a while now??? Please?? LOL And thanx for the gesture Stud !