PDA

View Full Version : Doin' it the wrong way

Taylor Smith
09-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Hey everybody, My name is Taylor and I'm from eastern Idaho and I found this site just lookin' how to build expansion chambers.
I'm kind of doin' this project backwards, so I hope nobody gets too upset with me. It's a backwards trike, I'm starting with a Polaris quad
and going to build an extended swingarm (about 3 ft.) and running a single paddle on the rear. The motor is a Suzuki 550 two stroke triple.
I think it should run pretty swell and be very unusual. I live about twenty miles from the St. Anthony sand dunes so it should be a good place
to test and tune and ultimately tear it up.

coolpool
09-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Welcome. Pics, pics, pics. Sounds interesting. You can showcase your build on the Trykesylvania forum. Just thinking out loud, would the drag caused by the front wheels make the ass end fish tail constantly. Might be OK on the hard pack, but loose sand?

Taylor Smith
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
Well, I've thought about that, and I really don't like to ride in mid summer soft sand, takes too much power to get nowher. But when the sand is damp, after winter through the spring and you can really hook up then it is fun!!!. I will post some pics, all I have so far are some vids. Thanks, Taylor

thestud25
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
This sounds interesting. Someone built a similar trike using a banshee.