PDA

View Full Version : Which one should I get.

Zuplar
09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Well this is more or less a question on everyone's opinion on what I should do. I recently bought a 350x. The trike is almost all there but needs a little attention on the looks. Mechanically it runs good. Well I cam across a very nice '83 250r for about $200 more than I paid for this x, but it is in near perfect condition. The trike has been recently restored, including a fresh rebuild. Now everyone knows the question, do I buy the r and sell the x, or keep the x? I don't mind mind working on things, but I'm not sure if I want to do a ground up resto on the x, which is what it would take to most likely get it looking as good as the r. I also know I can't do it for $200. Now if they were the same type of trike it would be a no brainer, but some people have told me that I may not like a 250r.

I'm open to hear peoples thoughts so feel free to post up. Thanks.

jb2wheels
09-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Can you buy the R and keep the X?

You'll love the R - especially in the sand.

The X doesn't have the perfect or pretty to be a lot of fun.

oldskool83
09-19-2011, 11:06 AM
in the long run i think there will always be more parts for the 350x then then 1st and 2nd gen 250rs. id keep the 350x and spend the extra $200 on it.

Zuplar
09-19-2011, 11:26 AM
I mean financially I can afford both, but I don't have use for both, and couldn't justify owning both. I am pretty much only going to use the trike in the sand, so that's why I'm considering the R.

I kind of always thought there would be more parts for the R. I always see them on CL and have seriously only seen 3 350x's in the past year, one of which I bought. I figured it only be made for 2 years would effect parts availability. (350x)

Realistically it could take another $500 to get the x where I'd like it to be. I really think I could get the R for exactly what I paid for the x.

Swinger
09-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I think if you are just playing in the sand the R would be your best bet.

Chazz of Blades
09-19-2011, 11:58 AM
OR get the R, and use it as a show piece, or as your "Purdy Trike", and have the X as a hard rider.

R-tifacts
09-19-2011, 12:10 PM
If your going to use it in the sand my vote is for the R.

Zuplar
09-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah I've been waiting on the guy with the R to get back in to, but when I saw the X it was too hard to resist. After playing on it and fixing the small issues this weekend, I'm starting to think I should have waited. The X is a great trike and I'm glad I got it to fix the small issues so it didn't just ruin, but now I'm thinking someone who wants one to restore needs to buy it, because I don't think I'm up for that.