PDA

View Full Version : Example of how NOT to post on this forum.

3-wheelin
09-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Well, you are entitled to your opinion. However, if you have nothing constructive to say, why start the drama? 50K to one man is like 5K to another man.....Sorry, but that is reality. It may not be in your cards, or mine for that fact. However, if you have the cash and want it....buy it. If not take a hike. As for rare....It is the only known NOS never built in the crate 250R. In my book that makes it rare. The 250R's I have and you have may be a dime a dozen, but show me another NOS one.....Right, you can't. Again, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. 50K, 12K, 150K it doesn't matter, the market and the pockest of others will determine that. Have you looked at the price of old cars........

Good Luck with the sale! I hope you and the buyer are happy in the end. Buy that lotto ticket, you just never know.

Karl (KZR800)

It may be "more rare" than most if not all, but certainly not rare in terms of relative historical items due to the numbers of the identical item (regardless of condition) that still exist along with taking the age into consideration. There is a difference in terminology when referring to historical items and their values. Now if it were an origional 63' AC shelby Cobra with a Ford 427 never been built. But it will always be a mud bug atv 3 wheeler. You are correct in saying that essentially value could be determined what someone is willing to pay. I just know that I won't be bidding and that is my right :) Time to sit back and watch the show!

HuffieVA
09-23-2011, 09:18 AM
It may be "more rare" than most if not all, but certainly not rare in terms of relative historical items due to the numbers of the identical item (regardless of condition) that still exist. There is a difference in terminology when referring to historical items and their values. Now if it were a 63' AC shelby Cobra with a Ford 427 never been built. But it will always be a mud bug atv 3 wheeler. You don't see these things going on Jackson Barracks Auto for a reason. You are correct in saying that essentially value could be determined what someone is willing to pay. We shall see what it does for. I just know that I won't be bidding and that is my right.

Damn Dude your fighting a losing battle... Something that is collectable or has historic value has a value directly associated to the thoughts of two people. The potential buyer and the seller, what you think its worth has absolutely no bearing on the actual value because its obvious through your statements that you dont appreciate the significance of its existence.
Basically, unless another is discovered, this is the only one in existence, that by any calculation is indeed rare, and its value is relative to the demand of collectors... in reality it likely won't fetch the dollar amounts of a true Hemi Superbird, but again its supply -vs- demand is it more rare? Yes, but fewer people with disposable funds have interest thereby decreasing the value a bit, but to say its only worth 3-5K is moronic... after all you do realize that there were others bidding as well or it wouldn't have reached 50K (or is that beyond your realm of comprehension?)

Anyways...

Andy, good luck with your sale and your business

Buster Brown
09-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Oh boy......Here we go again!
Man, sorry to have whacked a hornet's nest. I guess everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Mosh
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
He backed out b/c he realized what a stupid mistake he was making. He probably then went and invested in something that would actually appreciate more than a 3 wheeler. Don't get me wrong, 3 wheelers are great and I own a few of them: 2 Yamahas and 1 250R. But they are just atvs.

A piece of history? I would say it is a piece of history if it were actually rare and older than it is, but it isn't that rare. Who cares if the only people that touched it were some Japanese guys who didn't wash their hands after wiping their butts. The 250r's are a dime a dozen. There are more of those around, in all different conditions, than any other 3 wheeler! I have one in my garage as do many people on this forum. I also can type in 250r on ebay on any day at any time and find a nice one. Don't believe me? Go try it right now. Now if there were one or two made then we are talking rare! But 10's of thousands or maybe even 100's of thousands per year made? For every 1 tecate or 1 tri Z I see 10 250r's.

26 + -yr or two is not relatively that long in terms of "history". Just b/c you are stuck in the 80's doesn't qualify an item as rare or a piece of history. This really is more of a hobby then an archaeological find to study what people were like back in the 80's. You don't have to spend 50k. Just go look on youtube. Technology is pretty awesome.

Now 5k - 12k may be more realistic. 50K, I can't wait to watch some poor fool get screwed b/c he thinks kiss is going to pop out the gas tank high on the fumes and he can rock along. Must be fun to live in that kind of dream world.

Tattool, got some extra cash? I want to buy a new seat for my 250R on ebay. I heard Elvis sat on it and farted.

Actually, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, but there was only 21,000-25,000 85-86 250R's ever made and sold for production, total.
I am sure 1/2 of those have met there demise years ago from wrecks and being pillaged for TRX quad racing replacement parts.
I would be surprised if there are more than 12,000 complete / running 250R's around, and I would guess only about 2%-5% would be in mint condition virtually untouched, and the rest are riders, which in most cases have been altered / modified to the owners content. Therefore, one unassembled in the crate would be rare. Even more rare if there is some 25 year old japanese butt poop on the box. And technology is pretty awesome..Till simple people figure out how to use it, for the wrong purposes..

3-wheelin
09-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Damn Dude your fighting a losing battle... Something that is collectable or has historic value has a value directly associated to the thoughts of two people. The potential buyer and the seller, what you think its worth has absolutely no bearing on the actual value because its obvious through your statements that you dont appreciate the significance of its existence.
Basically, unless another is discovered, this is the only one in existence, that by any calculation is indeed rare, and its value is relative to the demand of collectors... in reality it likely won't fetch the dollar amounts of a true Hemi Superbird, but again its supply -vs- demand is it more rare? Yes, but fewer people with disposable funds have interest thereby decreasing the value a bit, but to say its only worth 3-5K is moronic... after all you do realize that there were others bidding as well or it wouldn't have reached 50K (or is that beyond your realm of comprehension?)

First of all, before you quote you need to do it accurately. I'm guessing you haven't made it to / through college. It probably wasn't within your realm of comprehension. I said 5-12k. So i actually rated the mud turd higher than your mind can process. The thought of 50k must really blow your cheese puffs out of the box. Unless you will be one of the bidders and mommie is going to help you out. Just be kind enough to keep her out of debt.

The 3 wheeler being in a crate is cool and there is not doubt about that. But for someone to spend $50K and then stare at it like it is some kind of god or a piece of gold has a few screws loose. Probably more screws loose than that old turd 250r has.

Why would someone in their right mind spend $50k on something never used vs $5K on something extremely mint? Because they have too much money and they think they have a true piece of history from 1985 (which was alittle over 20 yrs ago). They see twisted sister dancing around the bike as it sits in the box. Maybe they think if they travel 88mph in the bed of their truck they will go back and see Marty Mcfly? Since you guys seem to use the number of hands that touched it as a reference to its worth; I want to know if the value has gone down since Andy and the man before touched it? Why not just send it back to the factory in Japan and let all of them rub all on it again. It may be worth even more guys!!! All jokes aside, I truly do hope it goes for 80 grand. It makes me feel much better spending what little bit I have on my bikes.

To directly answer your question, what is rare in one person's eyes is a turd in another. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When have I ever stated that I was stating pure facts? I have stated nothing but opinions (opinions are like blah blah blah). Maybe you dropped out of grammer school and didn't pay attention to the fact vs. opinion lesson? I do not think that is a historically rare artifact like you guys do. I'm going to stick to that good ole opionion of mine. So that battle has already been won in my eyes :) 50K for a cruddy 3 wheeler. Nuts!

Could all of the bitting back I'm getting from you guys be due to the fact that I'm attempting to devalue a Honda 250R. Well if so, I'm sorry. No Honda 250R, even if Elvis did fot on it, is worth 50K to me. Happy bidding everyone!! :) :)

HuffieVA
09-23-2011, 12:06 PM
^^^
In an attempt not to sour this thread any more than it already has been, I'll just let the guy that a few short months ago needed help changing his oil alone...

3-wheelin
09-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Oh come on. Did you stretch your brains legs too much for this week. Keep exercising it and it will grow!

thestud25
09-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh come on. Did you stretch your brains legs too much for this week. Keep exercising it and it will grow!

It is time to put the "Stupidity" clause into affect!

Let's not muck up Andy's thread anymore.

Mosh
09-23-2011, 12:46 PM
I dont have any issue with you offering your "opinions" on the subject matter at hand.
But if you want to go insulting members with questions of education levels and whatnot, or purposely ruin a thread with callouts just for arguments sake, you will find your stay won't be very pleasant, or sustained very long.

seadoo650
09-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Screw this, I'll do it Mosh. Take a few days 3-wheelin to adjust your attitude. Opinions are ok but name calling and insulting other memebers is not tolerated. At least by me any ways.

With that being said, everyone's opinion's are welcome. If ya start insulting member's because they don't agree with "your" opinions.... you'll get the same.

Honda250Rarefun
09-23-2011, 01:31 PM
3-Wheelin here.

Maybe if hefty tecate rider wouldn't have made the comment and I quote "after all you do realize that there were others bidding as well or it wouldn't have reached 50K (or is that beyond your realm of comprehension?)" other comments wouldn't come back to him.

A member stating "is that beyond your realm of comprehension" is most definitely an insult. Maybe your decision making skills should be in question, especially as an admin.

But oh yeah, he has been here longer so no harm no foul. You better get your stuff straight Mr. Admin. I bet you were a poor poor hall monitor growing up.

You guys have a nice day and as I stated before, Happy Bidding! :)

DasUberKraut
09-23-2011, 01:47 PM
I thought Stupid is a bannable offense? 3-Wheelin is the epitomy of STUPID. Why hasn't this idiot been banned yet?

seadoo650
09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Pay attention kids. This is how you get permanently banned. Bye bye Douche.

Dammit!
09-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I thought Stupid is a bannable offense? 3-Wheelin is the epitomy of STUPID. Why hasn't this idiot been banned yet?

He has (twice). What the mods do is not visible so instead of just complaining like that in public, do something helpful like hit the report post button (which nobody did).

Billy Golightly
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
This thread has gotten a lot of like and dislike post buttons clicked by me, ha.

RIDE-RED 250r
09-23-2011, 04:38 PM
This thread has gotten a lot of like and dislike post buttons clicked by me, ha.

Same here brother!

3wheely
09-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Why is this such a big deal?? Every time you buy a car from a dealership you over pay for it. I've bought many parts for my bikes that I over paid because I was either impatient or needed it right away. Hell I put $3500 into a 200x. I knew it wasn't worth it, but what the hell I was proud of it. I'm sure all the naysayers have paid more for something once in their lives because they really wanted it. Rare or not, who cares. If the buyer wants to pay big bucks for something props to him and the seller as long as everyone is happy in the end! Doesn't this appreciate the values of our bikes anyway?...lol.

Russell 350X
09-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Somebody got a wild hair up there ass...damn!!! He must know it all!!

just ben
09-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Pay attention kids. This is how you get permanently banned. Bye bye Douche. I agree with suspending or banning both of this guys user names. however name calling and such is not tolerated I thought? I agree with the comment seadoo but arent you promoting or doing what is not tolerated?

Billy Golightly
09-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Its more like a taste of their own medicine as they go out the door...lol

dcreel
09-23-2011, 08:30 PM
I agree with suspending or banning both of this guys user names. however name calling and such is not tolerated I thought? I agree with the comment seadoo but arent you promoting or doing what is not tolerated?

Do you butt heads with the moderating staff for kicks? Just curious... Calling a 2 time troll who earned a lifetime ban a douche seems to me perfectly justified..

robtech
09-23-2011, 08:35 PM
What was the purpose of this thread again?

just ben
09-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Do you butt heads with the moderating staff for kicks? Just curious... Calling a 2 time troll who earned a lifetime ban a douche seems to me perfectly justified..I did say I agree completely and I am not trying to butt heads with anyone. But I do feel that its not right for a moderator to do what other people get vacation time for. I also agree that a ban on him is justified but more name calling is just going to make him a 3or4 time troll.He will be anyway until he thinks he won

HuffieVA
09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I agree with suspending or banning both of this guys user names. however name calling and such is not tolerated I thought? I agree with the comment seadoo but arent you promoting or doing what is not tolerated?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's a bit different when your making an accurate description as apposed to blatantly looking for an argument...

The site does a fair job of policing itself but occasionally the moderators are left with little choice but to intervene... but its not a perfect world (never will be) and sometimes us "Douche Magnets" are left to fend for ourselves... :D

DasUberKraut
09-23-2011, 11:27 PM
What was so horrible about my post that you guys had to dislike it? I was stating the obvious.

Chazz of Blades
09-24-2011, 03:25 AM
According to forum rules, you can only have one account at a time, and breaking that rule can get someone banned. That was the primary reason given why Frank Destra was banned. Starting another account, WHILE being tempa-banned on your other just to continue trolling alone is enough.

Gotta look at all the cards on the table, kiddos.

DasUberKraut
09-24-2011, 03:41 AM
I think Fabio just hates me cause I'm from WI and I drive a Chevy. Guess I won't be sticking up for fellow board members anymore when people are hating on them. Remember now I wasn't the one causing trouble. I was just trying to bring an end to the stupidity. I'm sure Buster would agree.

Chazz of Blades
09-24-2011, 04:52 AM
For the sake of everyone else, I'd just stop posting on the subject, Das. Won't lead to anything but a battle you can't win, and honestly, it sounds like a little girl writing on her Myspace about how the other girls hate her.

I just vote this thread locked, and stickied as an example to everyone else.

seadoo650
09-24-2011, 11:11 AM

Sorry, I call em like I see em. If he would not have attacked me personally I would have not responded that way. But to down, knock, belittle a mod???? All gloves come off. I actually thought I was being conservative.

Bryan Raffa
09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Yes Rick .. you were being conservative.....:lol:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

300rman
09-24-2011, 01:14 PM
theres a difference between attacking someone and stating certain truths

phantombiker
09-25-2011, 11:18 PM
theres a difference between attacking someone and stating certain truths

there's also a difference between one's own opinion and ignorance...just saying... :)