PDA

View Full Version : Vintage, Revisited...

GothboY
09-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Morning all. Im Gothy, or Aj. Whatever. Just joined up because you all seem to know your stuff, and you all seem like cool people (though this was decided after roughly 10 seconds browsing the site, lol) :) Anyway, Like any kid who was blessed with being old enough to remember the early to mid eighties, and even better play with the toys from that era, my parents took my sister and I to the desert alot. Mostly Glamis. We had a silver suzuki whose cc i cannot remember yet, a honda 185s, a honda atc 70 (which Ive never seen another factory orange one to this day) And I think an atc 110 to play with. Later my dad traded the suzuki and the 110 to a local shop for the brand new 82 or 83 250r. this was the event that sold me on 3 wheelers forever. I had a blast on the 70, then the superfast (to me) 185s. But then when we got the 250r? WHOA! Rocketship status for a little kid! MADE of AWESOME!

Years later begin 2011. Going thru a divorce after putting all my dreams on hold to make our life together happier fails. Time for change. Time to get what I want and have the fun Im missing. Finally picked up my long yearned for 350x. Cannot WAIT till I get to go play in the dirt again. Just going up and down the street brings the feeling of being a happy naive little kid riding my dads Atc. All growed up now haha. Life is GOOD now! :) Hope you all have a killer day. -GothY-

just ben
09-27-2011, 11:30 AM
welcome to the site. A trike is better than a wife in so many ways anyway lol. Tons of good info here,enjoy

MonroeMike
09-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Jason125m
09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Glad to see you're back! Enjoy the 350x and welcome to the boards. You will find great info here.

polka
09-27-2011, 11:44 PM
I still remember walking through middle school with all my Honda brochures tucked into my folders ready to slip out when I had a spare minute to read about an ATC I had read about 100 times already. Now, 27 years, I either still have them, or finally have them!