PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about.

YAMAHA_Jim
11-03-2003, 09:03 PM
I recieved this email today from a friend.I think that it really sucks. Anyone studying to be a senator? This means I will be paying for Hillary Clinton as long as she lives!!! ...I'm interested in everyones 2 cents on this.

2004 Election Issue!!
This must be an issue in "2004". Please! Keep it going.

SOCIAL SECURITY:
Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own
benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.
Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments.

For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA....ZILCH....

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into,-every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer)-we can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

That change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us ... then sit back and watch how fast they would fix it.

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people can YOU send this to?

Sandy Maliga
neoreal@mr.net

244 Morgan Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55405

612-374-4984

J.D.
11-03-2003, 09:25 PM
You just now found this out? I've known for a while, and it's a crappy plan if you ask me. I'm thinking of starting politicing, becoming a senator for one term and quittin just for that.

mike from long island
11-03-2003, 09:33 PM
well i guess i am going to become a senator!!!! i thought winning mega bucks was good hell no might as well join the elite and live on easy street. my day was going good until i read this thanks jim!!!!!!!!

Love my country But fear my government!!!!!

TimSr
11-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Right now Im just going to shoot for a seat on City Council in tomorrows election. Who knows, though. Ill bet a lot of senators started out on city councils!

whiteman350x
11-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Good Luck!!!

Billy Golightly
11-03-2003, 11:23 PM
wow I was just thinking about that the other day TimSr, when I seen a parade in town I remembered the picture of you in the parade with the Tim for city concil sign. Hope you get voted in!

YAMAHA_Jim
11-04-2003, 07:13 PM
You mean to tell me your one of the people that put out those annoying signs everywhere that say elect this or that person for such and such.lol just kiddin I hope you get voted in b/c your the man for the job.

TimSr
11-05-2003, 03:28 PM
I didnt make it, but I sure woke some people up!

http://www.sssnet.com/wayne/VOTE99.TXT

Five candidates running for 3 seats. I supported the guy who took 1st by a huge margin. I was beat out of 2nd place by 9 votes, and out of third place by 7 votes. I made them squirm and sweat enough that i dont expect they will take me lightly any more.

Jeb
11-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Congrats on getting out there TimSr.! Maybe Next time!

I couldn't help but notice this from the link you posted...

ORRVILLE CITY - PRESIDENT OF COUNCIL
REP - DAVID TODD HANDWERK . . . .

Handwerk! :shock: That poor bastid must have had a rough childhood .... :D

ATC crazy
11-05-2003, 06:29 PM
LMAO @ Jeb....

I have a history teacher who's name is Cockwell.