PDA

View Full Version : ytm 200

supercrew75
10-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Hello all... bought a basket case and looking to try and get it put back together this winter. I have a few small problems (#1) the guy took apart the recoil so I know have no idea what pieces are actually missing and it seems like the recoil is a pretty hot commodity. (#2) the guy actually used duct tape to hold the carb to the intake boot so not sure if there would be any damage to the motor. I am hoping I can find some help on getting this thing back together. Thanks in advance for all your help

jbmatt
10-02-2011, 12:59 AM
I have rebuilt several of these. They are pretty bulletproof. The recoil is easy to assemble with a diagram. Check around on here for a manual and it's in there. If you have to buy one the 225 will work as well. The intake can be a pain because they changed them after 83. If your carb bolts to the intake they are easy to find. If it is the early one that has the rubber boot that the carb slides into then they are hard to find and can get cracks in them that allow air leaks that lead to high revs from a lean condition. Good luck.

supercrew75
10-02-2011, 01:17 AM
thanks appreciate all the help I can get

muthey
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I have an intake boot for sale if you need the bolt on style

supercrew75
10-02-2011, 11:39 PM
sorry need the other one. Would be interested if you have the carb as well