PDA

View Full Version : honda red paint??

250r 83
11-04-2003, 03:18 AM
Anyone know of a good website where honda red paint can be ordered online? I have searched all of the available ATV stores and shops in my area and have found nothing. I have also heard that their is more than one color of honda red and that it varies depending on which year you are looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Albino
11-04-2003, 09:18 AM
I painted my 84r Passion Red. I dunno,but it was a color-match.just take a flake in.

VABCH350X
11-04-2003, 11:25 AM
www.colorrite.com makes some perfect factory duplicate paints. You can also take a piece of the paint to an automotive paint store to be matched, but it would be pricey. PJ-1 makes frame and engine paint too, I saw some of that when I was looking for paint for my CR60, but the older CRs used a more orange colored red than the newer ones, so I had to go match it up.

mudslinger
11-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Honda dealers used to carry different shades of red paint that went by year. But since all honda products arent red anymore they quit carrying it all together. I bought some of that fusion plastic paint for a atc 90. It only comes in 1 shade of red. I was not sattisfied with the color because it looks more orange than red. They should make that stuff in few shades to better match what your painting. Im going to use it to bond to the plactic . But im trying to find a brighter shade of red to go over the fusion.

350Xccelerator
11-05-2003, 08:00 PM
rustoleum sunrise red ;)

250r 83
11-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Checked out colorrite.com and when I looked for 83r paint it didnt seem to want to work. If passion red worked for an 84 it should work for an 83 because as far as I know they are almost identical. Thanks to everyone who replied. By the way does anyone know of the differences between a 83r and an 84r if any.

longbedGTs
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I bought some of that fusion plastic paint for a atc 90. It only comes in 1 shade of red. I was not sattisfied with the color because it looks more orange than red. They should make that stuff in few shades to better match what your painting.

One shade of red? I guess we lucked out because that one shade of red is a really good match to the original Passion Red.
It is Krylon Fusion #2328 Red Pepper/Safety Red
It does look nothing but orange once sprayed, but it turns red as it dries.
So far, Ive done a rear set of 125M fenders, and a headlight shell on my Big Red. They look as perfect as you can expect from a spray can!

I realize this is an old thread, no need to state the fact. :rolleyes:
It is a bump for future search purposes.

XTrumpX
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
It's a good thing you bumped it because I may have some info to add. If people are looking for paint, I may be able to supply them with the correct red. I'm having a local shop mix up the paint, which may be about 5 gallons because of cost. Anyway, I may be able to fill them up in quart containers and sell them to people who need 'em. Of course, you'd have to add the hardener and thinner if you want it done right. I'm waiting to hear back from them so I have no idea on cost yet, but will post when I find out.

XTrumpX
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
It's a good thing you bumped it because I may have some info to add. If people are looking for paint, I may be able to supply them with the correct red. I'm having a local shop mix up the paint, which may be about 5 gallons because of cost. Anyway, I may be able to fill them up in quart containers and sell them to people who need 'em. Of course, you'd have to add the hardener and thinner if you want it done right. I'm waiting to hear back from them so I have no idea on cost yet, but will post when I find out.

petesatc
01-03-2007, 05:08 AM
the paint code for Passion Red Is R109 any good paint store should be able to mix some with the code.....