PDA

View Full Version : Thieves at it again!!

Dirtcrasher
11-04-2003, 01:14 PM
I read a post at .ORG and it reminded me of a scam that recently happened to my bud Kevin. He got a few calls on his awesome 250R quad. One guy came to see it and decided not to buy it. He watched as Kevin opened his shed and unlocked the quad and let him ride it. He left and that was that. The very next night someone came back with boltcutters and got the shed open and was working on the lock to the quad but it was too thick. They heard him, ran out and gave chase but he got away leaving the bolt cutters behind - they didn't open up enough to get around the shackle. I guess all I can say is if someone comes to look at a ride your offering maybe you should have it out ahead of time so they can't see your storage and locking methods. Wouldn't be a bad idea to at least get their phone number either. Or maybe even meet somewhere in public. You can't be too safe!

mike from long island
11-04-2003, 08:27 PM
i agree i had a freind who the same thing happened too. he lost his 85 250r but months later and watching the local paper he found it and it was returned. no charges were pressed because of all kinds of crap. but i do agree i meet people at my parents house. also i live like a pig and dont want to be imbarressed lol :D :D everyone just be careful and learn from anyone offering advise lol

thefox
11-04-2003, 09:11 PM
I guess it is good that I keep my trike in the front of my garage. If someone were to steal it they would have to take my dad's truck too.

-Andrew

Manny55
11-05-2003, 09:42 AM
lol i dont go to worry about that i got guard dogs.

Andrew
11-09-2003, 09:50 PM
im gonna get a rotweiler and every time im away from my T3 i will tie his leash to the grabbar twisted lol