PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New machine

QuadZilla Owner
10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Hello guys, new member here from fishkill new york ( upstate)

I recently bought a 1986 tri-z 250 for 750 dollars. The guy delivered it to my house from Kentucky! I also bought a quadracer with a quadzilla motor in it from him.

But anyways , this isnt my first 3 wheeler, i had a 125 honda with high and low range when i was 12. I also had a honda 200sx when i was 15. I am 25 now bte=p

I found this site while googleing for parts and upgrades for my tri-z. As of right now the motor is .20 over, has stock everything except the dg exhuast. Also the exhuast is black not chrome ? Did someone paint it or did they come this way as well?

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Lelouch_Rebellion/triz015.jpg

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Lelouch_Rebellion/triz014.jpg

Pictures are from previous owner. starts up 2-3 kicks. I am going to start taking her down to clean her up and give her a new paint job. Any suggestions on upgrades while its getting some love?

MonroeMike
10-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the site.
http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/tri-z_250_servicemanual.pdf

cochran
10-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Bought this from Matt? Saw this and the Brid on qracerhq. I really wanted the Brid.

QuadZilla Owner
10-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Bought this from Matt? Saw this and the Brid on qracerhq. I really wanted the Brid.

I bought the hybrid too. things scary fast

wisconsinite
10-16-2011, 08:36 PM
the back end looks too high up, like someone shoehorned the wrong shock in there. i tried to put a blaster shock in mine, and that's how it looked. rode terrible and actually bent the shock. if it turns out to be wrong you're best bet's prolly a warrior shock...

nice score though!!

QuadZilla Owner
10-16-2011, 09:12 PM
the back end looks too high up, like someone shoehorned the wrong shock in there. i tried to put a blaster shock in mine, and that's how it looked. rode terrible and actually bent the shock. if it turns out to be wrong you're best bet's prolly a warrior shock...

nice score though!!

Yeah i was wondering if it was sapose to be sitting that tall in the ass end. I shall go to ebay and look for a decent used warrior shock. Do all years fit?

wisconsinite
10-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Yeah i was wondering if it was sapose to be sitting that tall in the ass end. I shall go to ebay and look for a decent used warrior shock. Do all years fit?

as far as i know they do, the remote gas bottle mounts differently, but one can just strap it to the frame with a hose clamp. the only problem with ebay mono shocks is many seem to "need a recharge" which means they are pretty much junk. they can be rebuilt (i believe a member here does it, but not sure who), but i think that'll run about $150.
if you're lucky you can find one used for about $50-100.
also, there is a triz part interchange thread here somewhere you will likely find usefull.
good luck with it, with proper maintenence they're great machines!

QuadZilla Owner
10-17-2011, 02:27 AM
Hey wisconsinite, i found the thread with the interchangable parts list. Although some people disagree on certain things bolting up lol.

I have a question most people that have used the yz jug were on the 85 model with 5 speed. I have a 86 6 speed model, but i want a power valve jug. Can i still use a 85/86 yz jug?

wisconsinite
10-17-2011, 06:04 PM
i think so, as far as know both year Z jugs are the same, but not certain. hopefully one of our more knowledgeable members will chime in??

PrittyinPink
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Always nice to meet a fellow Tri-Z owner! I run a 85 1/2 Tri-Z

bigredridr
11-22-2011, 10:26 PM
welcome to 3ww. where abouts are you located in ny? im west of albany about 50 min

Bryan Raffa
11-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey wisconsinite, i found the thread with the interchangable parts list. Although some people disagree on certain things bolting up lol.

I have a question most people that have used the yz jug were on the 85 model with 5 speed. I have a 86 6 speed model, but i want a power valve jug. Can i still use a 85/86 yz jug?

:welcome: yes you can use the PV on both top ends. I have a PV top end 4 sale.. just missing the governor and the arm cover..,, includes clutchcover, shorter water pump, ect... 87-88 top end with a added port.