PDA

View Full Version : wow what luck met Jack Roush today

Jon Boy
10-16-2011, 01:57 AM
ok, so i'm a bit of a NASCAR fan. my driver is Greg Biffle (#16) so we went to the Roush-Fenway shop yesterday to get some souvenirs and while we were there i found out all the Roush drivers were there the day before signing autographs and we missed them. :( well, after we got back to the hotel i noticed one of the hats i bought had a small tear on it. we went back today to exchange it and as we were getting in the car to leave there was Jack Roush walking out to his car. :Bounce he was 10feet behind us and we didn't even know it, also his car was parked right next to us. :lol: well i did what any good NASCAR fan would do and hopped out to take his picture. he stopped and let me take it, i shook his hand and thanked him for it and wished him luck on the race. well as i was doing this my mother hopped out and walked over, so i gave the camera to my brother in law and Jack was nice enough to let us get a picture standing with him (will post the pic when i get home, i forgot the UBS cord for the camera). we talked for just a minute because he was in a hurry and needed to get to back the track. i must say he was very cool and very nice considering the hurry he was in. now i know to some of you it's no big deal, but next to meeting and getting Biffle's autograph this is the next best thing to me. :cool: i never thought i would be this lucky, the man is one cool "Cat in the Hat". :lol:

despite Biffle hitting the wall and still getting a decent finish (he looked like the to be the man to beat) today was a good day. :beer

congrats to Roush driver Matt Kenseth (#17) for winning the race. way to go Matt for keeping Little Shrub (Kyle Busch #18) behind you. :lol: :beer

Chazz of Blades
10-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Should have asked him about Lisa Adams. My aunt is a auto-x'er, and has met Billy Johnson, Roush SR, and JR. And she's racing at the final ever event at the Nashville SuperSpeedway before they shut it down in a few weeks, and partying with all of em, including getting to meet Carroll Shelby.

And this is her FIRST year ever racing. She auto-Xs in an 07 Mustang GT of all things, and has signatures from all of em on her dash. And wins. Stock suspension setup too.

I never would have believed she would be parting with all these higher ups a year ago, it's really amazing!

Jon Boy
10-16-2011, 08:09 AM
wow now that is pretty cool Chazz, wish her good luck for me. :beer

if i would of known to ask that i would've, but i never even thought i would get a chance to meet any drivers let alone a racing i-con. heck where i live we have a dyno/carb shop (Willy's Carb and Dyno) that supplies Tony Stewart and some other big names for dirt track racing and have never seen them at the shop even though they've been there quite a few times. just goes to show what a small world we live in now. :lol:

Jon Boy
10-16-2011, 11:38 AM
cool my sister has a USB cable that fits my camera so...

mother, Roush and myself. it's funny, she's an even bigger fan of Biffle and NASCAR than me and my brother combined. :lol: