PDA

View Full Version : I am fed up with Ebay and I am about to close account.

250rmanfmf
10-17-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey guys,

I am fed up with ebays selling program and I dont understand it. I have been selling for over 10 years on ebay and the last 4-5 years I have had a store with inventory. Ebays new program in ratings have made it extremely hard for people to even sell stuff anymore on ebay. I sell used parts and have a 99.2% Feedback(2,704 feedbacks) (which in any retail sales market is extremely good). I had an upgraded store so my listings were .03-.05 cents per listing per month plus the 10-15% they charge on final fee. I have been always good about if someone contacts me with a issue that I take care of it and take it in the shorts if it was a bad part. I would pay for return shipping and always refund shipping too.

Since ebay has implied this new 5-star rule it makes it exteremly hard to stay a seller if you dont push lots of transactions. For example you are only allowed 1% (description) of 1-2 star ratings in one category. I have a 1.09%. Since I am over that, ebay downgraded my store to basic and now I pay .20 cents per listing. I am paying now the same amount I was paying for selling 4 times the amount. Not only that but they push your search engine to the back. So If you type in 250r head and I had a 250r head listed it would be one of the very last listings. They tell me they do this to try to get sellers better. This 1.09% of people never contacted my about any issues.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue. I know that ebay is a great selling tool but they have made it to where smaller sellers dont stand a chance. I am really considering shutting my store down but the problem is that I have lots of inventory. I just had to vent and I am sorry about the post. Just wanted to see what other people are doing with selling on ebay because I think its a load of crap that a .09% is allowing ebay to charge 4 times the amount. By the way I have over a 1,000 items listed and at .05 per listing its $50 but now they charge me $200.

Tyler

torque
10-17-2011, 10:42 PM
list your inventory in the classifieds here. i would rather buy from guys on this board than an anonymous ebayer.

redskinman
10-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Hey guys,

I am fed up with ebays selling program and I dont understand it. I have been selling for over 10 years on ebay and the last 4-5 years I have had a store with inventory. Ebays new program in ratings have made it extremely hard for people to even sell stuff anymore on ebay. I sell used parts and have a 99.2% Feedback(2,704 feedbacks) (which in any retail sales market is extremely good). I had an upgraded store so my listings were .03-.05 cents per listing per month plus the 10-15% they charge on final fee. I have been always good about if someone contacts me with a issue that I take care of it and take it in the shorts if it was a bad part. I would pay for return shipping and always refund shipping too.

Since ebay has implied this new 5-star rule it makes it exteremly hard to stay a seller if you dont push lots of transactions. For example you are only allowed 1% (description) of 1-2 star ratings in one category. I have a 1.09%. Since I am over that, ebay downgraded my store to basic and now I pay .20 cents per listing. I am paying now the same amount I was paying for selling 4 times the amount. Not only that but they push your search engine to the back. So If you type in 250r head and I had a 250r head listed it would be one of the very last listings. They tell me they do this to try to get sellers better. This 1.09% of people never contacted my about any issues.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue. I know that ebay is a great selling tool but they have made it to where smaller sellers dont stand a chance. I am really considering shutting my store down but the problem is that I have lots of inventory. I just had to vent and I am sorry about the post. Just wanted to see what other people are doing with selling on ebay because I think its a load of crap that a .09% is allowing ebay to charge 4 times the amount. By the way I have over a 1,000 items listed and at .05 per listing its $50 but now they charge me $200.

Tyler

Im not sure what you mean{in bold}Are you talking about when people leave feedback theyre not giving you 5 stars in all your ratings?

one2hunt
10-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Just my thoughts but sounds like a nother giant has figured out another way to nickel and dime you. Sorry. Maybe somebody will come up with something like e bay only better-maybe say allow firearms.

ATCeeya
10-19-2011, 12:38 AM
i stopped selling on ebay. i did it for close to 10 years on and off. im done with it now. back to selling on forums and craigslist. a friend of mine and is mom both use something called. e-crater or e-crader? someting like that. its free and they use it alot but i never have. my dads friend has made a living selling on ebay for as long as i can remember and he is calling it quits now too. ive heard complaints just like yours all over the web. guys who were big sellers are hanging it up. ebay sucks for sellers.

LonesomeTriZ
10-19-2011, 12:41 AM
I have stopped using Evilbay altogether. It is not like it was ten years ago. They are just not worth it anymore.

Xpress
10-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Yep, eBay is just one bit ripoff now. Don't bother with it unless I'm buying something. It will probably fade out in then ext couple of years if that's how they're handling businesses now.

honda200x1987
10-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Ebay does suck even more now, they charge waaayyy to much for final value fees,listing fees picture fees and more feeeees. Its just not worth it anymore , and yes the five star thing sucks to.

LonesomeTriZ
10-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I took a lot from them before I finally walked away completely. That crap about the buyer being right no matter what was the final straw. I know there are dirt bag sellers out hter, but gues what, there are dirt bag buyers as well well. Now I just use CL or most my ATV realyed stuff here. Evilbay can burn to the ground tomorrow and I will not shed a tear.

Tyler 54
10-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, I hadn't sold in a while. Looking over my fees, it appears they are charging a final value on shipping?

jet
10-24-2011, 05:16 PM
That keeps people from listing a $100 item for $1 and $99 shipping. One more loop hole closed.

Tyler 54
10-25-2011, 10:10 PM
That keeps people from listing a $100 item for $1 and $99 shipping. One more loop hole closed.

Yes, but for me I actual lost money on shipping. Then they took even more???

captainweezy
10-26-2011, 09:26 PM
EBAY SUX.....I am out as well. Selling since 2002 with perfecy 100%feedback. Last thing i sold i had THE buyer you could not please. Long story short, I shipped him a part, he kept complaning about everything. It was a $35.00 part. He wasnt happy so I sent him full refund plus shipping and he kept the part then left me negative feedback. I sent ebay all the emails with the buyer and i and still got nothing in return but a worthless email stating "we are investigating".

So I agree with you. Good luck at whatever you decide to do with your parts.

rdlsz24
10-28-2011, 02:11 PM
He wasnt happy so I sent him full refund plus shipping and he kept the part then left me negative feedback

What a dick! I really don't sell much on there either but I do still buy a lot of oem parts since they will have them in stock while a dealer would have to order. Plus I don't even have a local Honda dealer anymore. They closed this past summer :(

Rob