PDA

View Full Version : Any Hunters?

MustangChris
11-19-2002, 01:25 AM
The only one I know of is 3wheelhouston who went with me a couple weeks ago. Hopefully come this monday I will have something to stick in the freezer even if it is a squirrel. I pulled the film from the camera last week and had some does on it. This is a pic from about 2 months ago, never to be seen again.

http://www.members.aol.com/a92evilgt/e.jpg

NOS_350X
11-19-2002, 02:19 AM
i shoot rabbits with my paintball gun
does that count??

kimmer250r
11-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Yeah I hunt, but no luck yet. I passed on alot of small does and button bucks, but no big boys yet. Going out again tonight. Gotta shoot something soon. I'll drop some pics if I do. Later!

PowerTrike
11-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Yep, I hunt. I'll be going after the whitetails agian this weekend, no luck so far this season, but i did haul out a nice 6pt. that wasn't mine with my big red last week. I love it :-D

Jonathan
11-20-2002, 01:06 AM
I'm the only one in my family who doesn't really hunt. I used to, but quit for a few reasons:
1. I have no patience
2. I have zero attention span
3. I make too much noise because I can't be still
4. Being cold sucks

NOS_350X
11-20-2002, 01:09 AM
I'm the only one in my family who doesn't really hunt. I used to, but quit for a few reasons:
1. I have no patience
2. I have zero attention span
3. I make too much noise because I can't be still
4. Being cold sucks

thats the same problems i have

350xer
11-20-2002, 04:34 PM
ya i hunt just about everything i can. This week is the last for deer huntin still have to get one doe yet for me. This year never got a buck tag of course i see a nice 5x5 happens every year that way. When i get a buck tag never see a nice one. I also hunt duck, geese, upland game, and i do some trappin. I also fish alot. theres about 3 inch of ice on the lakes time for fishin.

YTZ250N
11-20-2002, 09:49 PM
I just got back from deer camp myself. Went up with my father my brother and a few buddies. Only thing I caught was a wicked buzz. :D Seriously Deer camp in up north is the absolute best week of the year. (unless I start going to haspin anually) I didn't see one stupid animal except two stupid little field mice. Hard to hit with a rifle and 10ft :x We had to take the PS2 and an X-box with us. You know when we weren't watching HBO on the satelite.

jeswinehart
11-20-2002, 10:42 PM
i treasure hunt every sunday, this sunday a.m. i am diving next to a dam looking for a boat motor(s) and other objects of interest.
my dive buddie hated this year cuz i + liway took off so much for riding those "things".
i went up north in michigan deer hunting once a long time ago can totally relate to YTZ250N. somebody took their shepard and i bout got a round off in the early light of morning with a hang over b-4 i realized it was a dog.
liway wanted me to add that she has been trapping for about 2 weeks now and hasn't caught a mouse yet,,, she thinks the beagle (buddy) ate them.
we love the wild game of the area and are very lucky to have friends like kimmer who gave us a bunch of deer meat that is some of the best i have had in a long time, a cousin who runs my beagle getting us rabbit, a customer who gave us 45-50lbs. of moose and elk.
oh yeah, when it comes to blue gills the mrs. and i are real prediters.

john

TimSr
11-21-2002, 01:48 AM
Jonathan and NOS need to take up rabbit hunting. You walk all the time, and the more noise you make , the better!

Ohio gun season opens Monday after Thanksgiving, and Ill be out about 3 days. I didnt get one last year, so Im getting hungry for some V Steaks!

Jonathan
11-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Jonathan and NOS need to take up rabbit hunting. You walk all the time, and the more noise you make , the better!

Tried it, but couldn't find any rabbits. :( I did kill a rabbit once when I was deer hunting a few years ago. Blew about half of him away with my sks. Also, I don't really care for rabbit meat and honestly, I'd rather be out riding.

ATC crazy
11-21-2002, 06:28 PM
:D Does hunting with a '02 Honda Foreman count? I've gotten numerous animals with that tank.

tony_250r
11-22-2002, 12:01 AM
I hunt too. Got this Yote bout a week ago. One shot in the back of the head, at 105 yards, using steel sights to boot:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/y2k_anthony/vwp?.dir=/Coyote+Pic+Public&.src=ph&.dnm=Housecat+Eaten+Coyote.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/y2k_anthony/lst%3f%26.dir=/Coyote%2bPic%2bPublic%26.src=ph%26.view=t

3WheelHouston
11-24-2002, 07:36 AM
Hey I shot me a little 4 pointer at about 100 yards. The deer isn't much to brag about in itself, but it's my first deer, a buck, and the only bullet I ever fired at on so I'm darn proud. Damn the luck I left my camera at home but I'll try to get you some pix of the horns when I get them back, though they're none to impressive. But it's like a right of passage in my family, really. I'm so stoked. Woohoo! I'll tell the story if you like, but I don't wanna type it all out if no one really cares.

jeswinehart
11-24-2002, 09:19 AM
congrats 3WheelHouston !

john

YamaChuck
11-24-2002, 11:17 AM
I just got home from camp last night. Yesterday our group got a Black bear that weighed in at 285 lbs. Last drive of the day we bagged a 157lb. 7 point. Pretty good weekend, eh?

MustangChris
11-24-2002, 12:32 PM
Yea this is starting to get pretty sad, I haven't seen anything yet. I'll be trying every weekend until I get something, hopefully that want take long.

kimmer250r
11-24-2002, 02:07 PM
This season pretty much sucks. The deer are all screwed up in are area of mich. I've put more hours in the woods this year than any year before and haven't seen a thing. Hope to get a couple soon or no venison cook out at haspin next year.

YamaChuck
11-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Well I guess all my hours in the woods finally paid off. I tipped over a 148 lb six point last night. Finally! I was getting worried. Next weekend is the last for big game in Northern NY. For all you guys who haven't had any luck yet, keep your heads up. Just keep putting your time in. It'll pay off sooner or later. Good luck.

11-25-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi! I just got in from my back field where I took down a Monster 9 pointer! Very strange deer...Its a redhead with VERY unusual Rack! I took it to be mounted, I was so impressed with it! Got lucky in my own back yard!...Hope you guys have the same luck....Jack

boneidaho
11-26-2002, 09:27 AM
Yea I hunt to. I walk out to the coral, look o'l Bessy straight in the eye's, and think to myself," This cow look's mighty tasty", them I go back into the house and call the butcher ! :D Then I think of how much money I saved by not having to drive up into the mountains, on groceries while up there, vacation saved from work, and the sanity I have maintained because when I have been hunting, some goofy dude on a golf cart goes flying by just as I am about to make the perfect shot !! :? So, I have resorted to hunting domestic deer. A cow. :D Every year I hear about some so called "Hunter" who mistakes another hunter for "Bambi", and takes a shot at him. :shock: So, I really do like deer, but it's my John Deere ! :-D

MustangChris
11-27-2002, 03:06 AM
Well, since I don't have a cow here in the city I have to resort to going off in the woods. Which I pay for yearly and don't see anything. But before the thanksgiving feast I will be sitting in the woods at 4 o'clock in the morning waiting for nothing to come out.

350xer
11-27-2002, 02:34 PM
the last day of deer season i shot my dads doe at 450 yards it took 3 shots to get it but it was fun. got the measurin wheel out for that shot. got all 6 deer this season 9 shots 6 deer. not bad

3WheelHouston
11-28-2002, 03:08 AM
okay, were you hunting with a fully auto 50 cal sniper rifle of some sort? This sounds like you fit under the category of the sign at the Bass Pro shop. "Welcome hunters, fisherman, and other liars." How in the hell did you get off three shots at one doe, and then hit it at 450 yds, and what in the hell were you shooting with?

350xer
11-28-2002, 04:36 AM
my gun is sighted in at 200 yrds and i shot a little high saw where i shot and reaimed and shot and did the same thing and then i shot tell i got him shot. i was using a 270. i didnt think i was goina get him but i said what the heii.

350xer
11-28-2002, 04:41 AM
my other deer i got was with a different gun 243. they were all under 50yrds 2 head shots within 20 yards and others were in the area of the heart

PowerTrike
12-01-2002, 01:49 AM
congrats, wish i was as lucky -- couldn't get a shot off all season :?

TimSr
12-02-2002, 09:03 PM
I got mine this morning. Eight point whitetail, Ohio, 25yds, Freedom Arms .454 Casull revolver.

http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/buck.jpg

MustangChris
12-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Oh man I love the .454 Casull, IMO thats the baddest pistol made. I love the feel and the power that comes from the gun.

KingTecate
12-03-2002, 12:03 AM
deer season opened this past saturday here in maryland. i couldn't have asked for a better opening day! it was in the mid 30s with low winds and clear skys. I shot a big 12 point whitetail at 105 yards with my 12ga shot gun. I just got the gun and now im in love with it! One shot in the neck and the buck dropped in his tracks! I'm havin the head mounted and the streaks off that thing were great!!!! happy hunting!