PDA

View Full Version : How many video gamers do we have here?

Dammit!
10-21-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm in the process of starting up a video gaming site/forum. It will be very, very similar to 3ww but obviously all about gaming. I'll be pushing this one really hard to make sure it's a success. Just wondering how many people here are into it. When I launch it I'm going to need some help to get the forum active as quick as possible.

So for the gamers, what systems do you use the most? Feel free to post about your favorite games/genres as well.

dcreel
10-21-2011, 06:50 PM
XBOX 360 and the new game RAGE is amazing.. I've beaten it twice back to back.. I love that game.

Dammit!
10-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Dude... I want Rage so bad. I'm an id software whore. lol. This is the first time I didn't own an id game on release day in since quake2 came out. My PC can't run it and I'm not sure about playing it on a console (PS3 is the only console I have). I might have to just bite the bullet and get the PS3 version.

I had a couple people tell me that new Batman game is flat out amazing too.

250rRoostmaster
10-21-2011, 07:42 PM
PS3 baby!! I can't wait to pick up battlefield 3!!!!! I've also heard that the new batman game is pretty sweet!! My PS3 gamertag is BigGunsAreBetter, friend me online if ya'll wanna play!!!

SYKO
10-21-2011, 08:17 PM
PS3 for the MF'n win baby!! psn id: southgacustoms im not really into fps games but racing and roleplaying i/e gran t and FF games, but got a whole lot of downloads as well, anyone play moon diver? its a psn download side scroller ninja hack and slash I love it!

Chazz of Blades
10-21-2011, 11:17 PM
PEE CEE BABY!

The only REAL way to play something to it's fullest potential. And I've been a diehard The Elder Scrolls fan for nearly seven years now, and I'm SO FREAKING STOKED for Skyrim.

DasUberKraut
10-21-2011, 11:57 PM
XBox 360 all the way. Gamer Tag: Das Uber Kraut I am a self admitted achievement whore.

I'm a COD franchise diehard. I've beaten every title on Veteran Campaign so far (Except COD 3, it's impossible). Stoked about MW3.
I've been a lifelong player of the Wolfenstein/Wolf 3D Franchise PC and console.

I also get into Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit and a few other non shooter games just for something different now and then.
Currently finishing up Leisure Suit Larry - Box Office Bust. I wouldn't reccomend it.

gomer202
10-22-2011, 12:21 AM
I can say I seem like the only 16 year Old who Doesent have an X-Box or Playstation. I'm to busy anyways with School and I play football so that takes up all my time. But the game Rage looks so sick I might get an Xbox just for that game

84honda200s
10-22-2011, 03:01 AM
i play the 360.. my game is call of duty world at war.. i love the nazi zombie "sub game"

SYKO
10-22-2011, 08:37 AM
I can say I seem like the only 16 year Old who Doesent have an X-Box or Playstation. I'm to busy anyways with School and I play football so that takes up all my time. But the game Rage looks so sick I might get an Xbox just for that game
girls

when I was 16 genesis was the shizznit..... but not enough to detour me away from girls parties cars girls cars parties girls....lol I didnt start playing games till my first marriage when it went downhill lmfao and that was a ps2

DasUberKraut
10-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Ha ha. Syko. I wasn't even allowed to own a game system til I was 18. I think it was a Nintendo 64. Then I had the Gamecube and rocked the Sega Dreamcast for a long time. I used to burn and bootleg everything on the Dreamcast. Burned DVD's and games would sell like mad crazy for $5 a pop. $10 for a boot disc. I've had the PS1 and PS2. I will never buy another Playstation again. Had a few regular Xboxs. Now we have two 360's in the house. Usually when I am gaming the wife will go in the bedroom and watch Netflix or play one of her games.

Mr_RPM
10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
i have a 360 but the most fun i have ever had was with my PS2, then 2nd in fun was my N64.

my favorite games are all the ACE COMBAT games (cant wait for the new one)
GTA 3, vice city, san andreas, 4
red dead redemption
Need for speeds (under ground 2 will always be the best)
I liked the first 2 gears of war, wait to get the 3rd. they are the only shooters i like.

i really don't like 1st person shooters, i just cant do the camera angle.
ATV off roaf fury was a blast on the PS2
star fox on N64 was EPIC.

idk im not that big into games anymore, i dont have xbox live and games these days are built all around xbox live.

Dammit!
10-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I've been out of gaming almost completely since I finally gave up quake 3. Quitting that game is like quitting heroin. You have to hit rock bottom first. I played it for YEARS. I ended up completely hooked on the promode mod. It's part of OSP or you can run the CPMA mod. I used both. They were mostly the same. For those not familiar, this mode ratcheted up the speed to a ridiculous level. Instant weapon switching, no footstep sounds, air control, double jumping and some other tweaks. It's by far the fastest paced game I've ever played. 1 vs 1 games with that setup and equally matched players can be intense to say the least. When it's over your heart is pumping like you just ran a sprint. :lol:

I realized I had to quit when I went onto a pro CPMA clan server and emptied it out. I haven't played it online since that day. Still boot it up and shoot some bots on q3dm17 once in a while though.

I've been wanting to get back into some games recently though. Just hopefully I'll be able to avoid the more addicting multiplayer games. :lol:

300rman
10-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I got sucked into HL2DM for a few years, There was only a handful of players better than I was in the low-gravity scene, and most of them were in the same group as me.

PC games all the way. No way could anyone with a controller so much as touch anyone with a mouse in an FPS game. Mobility is WAY better.

Dammit!
10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
PC games all the way. No way could anyone with a controller so much as touch anyone with a mouse in an FPS game. Mobility is WAY better.

True dat! I have gamepad players try to tell me all the time that they could compete with me with their gamepad. WRONG! Quake 3 came out for Dreamcast and there was a way to pit DC players against PC players and the result was COMICAL. It was like Michael Jordan playing basketball against a 3rd grader. The gamepad is so slow in comparison. It works fine for some games but it will never equal a mouse/keyboard combo for a fast paced deathmatch game.

Here's a little CPMA video I found on youtube. Watching it doesn't do the game justice at all but still. You can see the crazy weapon combos and the amount of speed you can pick up from strafe jumping and rocket jumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtLa2pFlPo

SYKO
10-22-2011, 09:58 PM
man I love online games, moon diver is 4 at the same time but I really love some of the racing games when there are 10+ online guys, I usualy blare death metal through my headset to disrupt the opponents lol nothing alittle sepultura or deamondriver wont cause any judgment errors lol hahahahah. I cant really get in FPS much I wish the Rage was multi player I was on preorder for dead island but then I played a promo and jsut ditn feel like dealing with mellae combat all the time so I switched my preorder to the new twisted metal that come out on valentines day OH YEA! I like alot of the downloads that are out since I grew up in the 80s and 90s were side scrollers were king I still enjoy them and alot of those psn games are like that. Also another game I absolutly love is bionic camando rearmed that game is just SIC im sooo stuck at one part though that I cant quite master the ratching arm timming right...been stuck there for months! grrrrrr.

Dammit!
10-22-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm really surprised the PC is beating the PS3 right now. Pretty much expected the Xbox to be the leader though.

DasUberKraut
10-23-2011, 02:51 AM
XBox Live Arcade has the all the old 70's and 80's arcade games available. All the classic pixelated bliss you can handle.

I do have an Apple 2GS emulator for PC that I can play the original Oregon Trail.

I have PURE for Xbox 360 and got bored with right away...but then again, I never cared for quads. I just played it cause it was a free game and I'm an achievement whore. I always loved the Burnout series though. Crashing stuff is always fun! I loved the first Forza...I don't think I will play the others though. Too involved. You spend more time setting up your vehicles than you do racing.

Headsup
10-23-2011, 02:29 PM
PC most def. I will be all about helping Take care of teh forum, Being that i have experience on gaming forums. Just let me know

Louis Mielke
10-24-2011, 08:33 AM
*looks around quietly and coughs into hand* sega saturn

Oh and if I was to do the proverbial mine is bigger than yours of high school days.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=louis%20mielke&folder=Collection&action=profile

And I haven't updated this in about a year. probably have a 100 games to add.

Oh and BTW I'm always selling/trading. I have some N64 stuff, saturn, playstation, and TONS of atari for trade. Actually I have 2 ataris to sell. I'll even mod them for composite output if someone is interested.

Dammit!
10-24-2011, 09:46 AM
I already have a retro gaming section setup in the new forum. Looks like that will be right up your alley Louis. I've been thinking about hooking up the old NES and SNES for a little bit. I pull them out every few years. Been missing my old 3DO as well. Might have to pick one up on ebay.

The site I'm putting together uses the same software as 3WW. My intention is to build it into a news portal/forum. I'll be doing most things myself in the beginning but eventually I'll be picking a few people to help me out with news posts, reviews and whatever else. All members will be encouraged to write reviews. The good ones can be promoted to actual articles just like we can do here.

I used to write PC game reviews for an IGN affiliate many years ago and was the original MOD/Admin on the what is now shacknews.com (was the sugarshack.com back then). I used to have a ton of connections at game publishers that I'll have to try and re-establish. Used to get free games for reviews and giveaways. Interviews with developers and such. It was pretty sweet. If I was a smart man I would have branched off and started my own site back then. Unfortunately I'm not a smart man.

Dammit!
10-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Who picked Other and what is it?

Louis Mielke
10-24-2011, 10:04 AM
That was me and like I said, my sega Saturn still gets a lot of Playtime. BEST ports of sfa3, and the capcom vs series on the best fighter game pad not including actual arcade controls.

300rman
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
That is Fast paced as all hell! HL2DM is pretty fast paced, HL1 multiplayer was pretty fast paced too, but that is wicked. I could get used to that, for sure. I dont really like slow paced MP like COD, but Ive laid waste a few times on those games too.

Low grav and air accelerate are some of my favorite mods in a game.

Shorty
10-24-2011, 04:57 PM
I have 3 stations that I never really use since I don't really have a interest (Mostly off road stuff) in video games,but they were all given to me at one time or another from family and such. I have a old school Super nintendo with one game (Super mario bros ..To fun ), Then I have a 2008 or 09 XBOX 360 with a bunch of games that I can't remember what they are :lol:. (I really want RAGE and red dead redemption I'd play those I play them with my buddy at his house and they're AWESOME!), And last I have a black WII which is AWESOME. The only thing I don't like about it is that whenever you do any sort of complicated attacks or such it starts to get really bad lagg and it sometimes even freezes up. I've sent it in for repair and such, but it never seems to away. (Damn made in china crap).

But I'd join the site if it this go's through for sure.

Shorty:D

Dammit!
10-24-2011, 05:03 PM
But I'd join the site if it this go's through for sure.

Shorty:D

It's already gone through. The site is up and running. I just want to button up a few things before posting the URL.

SYKO
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
if you want to get into older stuff a few months back i sold my collection of systems and games well becouse.... I can just get emlators instead of stuff just in the way collecting dust got good money to:

nes 8 bit +200+ games
famicom just becouse lol
master system
original genisis with master styem backwards add on plus sega cd add on 100+ games god knows what other goodies went with it
turbo grafix 16 (loved this system!) 5 games
supergrafix (japan port) 1 game :(
3do lol 1game
NEO GEO 20+ games by far the best home game system ever!! these where the 600 dollar games to!! loved it

now its just ps3

just read that crysis is comming to PSN and that was one of the sickest fps on the computer if you had a good enough computer to run it now its going to be on ps3 so I paln on getting on that bandwagon.

Dammit!
10-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I forgot about the Turbo Grafix 16. Legendary Axe II and Ninja Spirit were pretty badass on there. I need to pick up a couple different USB gamepads and check these emulators out. I have the N64 one which seems to run pretty good and the 3DO emu but that one runs like crap for me.

DasUberKraut
10-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a new console in development that was going to compete with Xbox 360 and PS3? Not that PS3 is even comparable to Xbox 360...

300rman
10-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Wasn't there supposed to be a new console in development that was going to compete with Xbox 360 and PS3? Not that PS3 is even comparable to Xbox 360...

well, PS3 currently does a whole pile of things that the Xbox cant do. The only thing XBOX has over PS3 is the online MP, and thats because it costs 50 bucks a year.

DasUberKraut
10-25-2011, 04:46 PM
PS3's can't even compete with an XBox 360. But I heard there was a new private company developing a console that was going to attempt to compete. I'll Google it later and see what I come up with.

SYKO
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
who cares wich is better wich can do this blah blah blah blah just liek in the 90s you could have genisis or nintendo but neither could hold a candle to the neo geo, just like today nothing can come close to a gamming setup computer so your arguments over wich is better are moot.

Dammit!
10-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah lets not turn it into one of those this versus that threads. It's played out.

300rman
10-25-2011, 05:29 PM
PS3's can't even compete with an XBox 360.

PS3 has Blu-ray, Controllers are rechargeable out of the box unless Microsoft changed that recently, The PS3 has lots of Multimedia and non-gaming features...web browsing, for instance. It can replace a home PC.
Most of the games I have played on both look much sharper on the PS3.
Until more recently, Xbox didnt have built in WiFi.

The only thing the XBOX has over PS3 is the online gaming....but, it isnt free so it SHOULD be better.

So, How doesnt the PS3 compete?

Jason125m
10-25-2011, 05:40 PM
^^ Read the post above you..............

I'm a pc / xbox gamer. I haven't been into playing lately, but i used to all the time.
Xbox: deadrising series... Call of duty series.... rockbands / guitar heros, Dead space series, any atv / car racing games.. and many more.
PC : Steam games, Css, cs, cz, tf2, hl2dm, bfbc2, terraria, minecraft... and many more

300rman
10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
^^ Read the post above you..............

I'm a pc / xbox gamer. I haven't been into playing lately, but i used to all the time.
Xbox: deadrising series... Call of duty series.... rockbands / guitar heros, Dead space series, any atv / car racing games.. and many more.
PC : Steam games, Css, cs, cz, tf2, hl2dm, bfbc2, terraria, minecraft... and many more

HL2DM.....love that game....sad, its dying a slow death :(

atc007
10-26-2011, 06:54 AM
My life right now affords No time for video games.. But,I have a WII for the kids,,,they bowl,box,play baseball,and tennis,Wii Resorts?? I think? And about TWICE a year,,,when my nephew comes down,,,we fire up the PS2,,and play Atv Off Road Fury,1 and 2 till I can't stay inside anymore!! I do love it..I could see where it gets addicting,,but def no worries of that here! My son has Xbox 360 . My buddy has a 23 inch LED PC,with 10 speakers,and 3 other screens,,,,yep,,he's single : )The other jibberish you guys are speaking has me totally LOST!!! Have fun with it! And good luck Dammit!

Dammit!
10-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Ok, I guess it's far enough along to let some more peeps in. The url is www.ultimategameforum.com the forum part is running pretty well so far but the front page is still being sorted out. Ignore it for the time being and just sign up for the forum and start posting. Lets see if anything breaks. :lol:

Stonewall
10-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I have a PS3, but I don't play very often. When I do I usually play Call of Duty games or any WWII/1940's-50's era based games. Other than that I like off-roading games, but the current selection in this category sucks. Motorstorm is OK, but I used to have an origional Xbox and I had a game called 4x4 Evolution 2, and it was awesome; it had fully customizable real world vehicles, with real world parts. My favorite game of all time was Test Drive Eve of Destruction, a demolition derby style racing game.

Does anyone know of any games other than ATV Quad Power Racing 2 that have 3 wheelers in them?

gomer202
10-27-2011, 02:03 AM
I dont play ever but I do have a ps2 and I have a game called atv powers racing 2 and it has trikes in it its awesome

DasUberKraut
10-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Everyone owns a computer. To put a web browser on a gaming console is just pointless. Blu-ray is a fad, just a way for the industry to take more of your money. Graphics are high def and even better with a Monster Cable HDMI made for the Xbox (My entire home audio is system is wired with Monster Cable). I don't need wi/fi or rechargeable controllers. Regardless. I'm not trying to make this a pissing contest, so I will leave it at that.

At any rate. Who's gearing up for Modern Warfare 3 in 12 days? I'm pumped.

Dammit!
10-27-2011, 09:10 PM
*BUMP*

www.ultimategameforum.com

Go ahead and sign up and lets see what breaks.

leevarnado
10-29-2011, 11:31 PM
im broncodriver88 on xbox360.i usually play rdr,or black ops.i have a couple ppl from here on my friend list but cant remember there names.

SYKO
11-08-2011, 08:24 PM
need some more members over there!

just ben
11-08-2011, 09:25 PM
My life right now affords No time for video games.. But,I have a WII for the kids,,,they bowl,box,play baseball,and tennis,Wii Resorts?? I think? And about TWICE a year,,,when my nephew comes down,,,we fire up the PS2,,and play Atv Off Road Fury,1 and 2 till I can't stay inside anymore!! I do love it..I could see where it gets addicting,,but def no worries of that here! My son has Xbox 360 . My buddy has a 23 inch LED PC,with 10 speakers,and 3 other screens,,,,yep,,he's single : )The other jibberish you guys are speaking has me totally LOST!!! Have fun with it! And good luck Dammit! the next time the nephew comes over type "igiveup" for the code on off road fury. I like mario bros. these roles playing games just seem like too much work for me.

Dammit!
11-09-2011, 12:31 AM
need some more members over there!

True dat!

I haven't been on much the last week or so. Been pre-occupied with keeping my truck from getting repo'd. Made the payment today though so I'll try to get some more work done tomorrow.

Any gamers get over there and register and start posting! www.ultimategameforum.com (http://ultimategameforum.com) !