PDA

View Full Version : Gold rush Alaska

tri again
10-24-2011, 05:46 AM
Breaks my heart so see these guys spinning their wheels.

1/4 million in debt, running material thru equipment that isn't catching the gold,
but they're all working and burnin' diesel 'round the clock and dumping
gold right back into the river.

So tonight they're pumping massive amounts of water out of the gloryhole so they
can get a 70,000 lb excavator in to pull dirt from the bedrock. 70 feet down.

Why not just use all that horsepower and water to run a dredge?
From the gold I saw, a 4" pipe that just drills it's own holes to bedrock
instead of pumping 100 swimming pools a day and moving enough dirt
to bury a few 3 story houses.

and get some of those lazy whiners to sit at the end of their sluice box with PANS!

Or drain it all over a 100 foot roll of cheap plastic indoor outdoor carpet.
and burn THAT in a 55 gal drum to get the flakes.

Now it's snowing, they gotta bug out or get snowed in for winter and they're
within inches of bedrock...

waaa waaa waaa whiner miners making good tv.

Vealmonkey
10-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Last years' re-run. LOL

yooperman
10-24-2011, 07:43 AM
is that show even on anymore i use to watch it, then i couldnt find it anymore?

hublake
10-24-2011, 07:50 AM
A new season is starting soon.

fabiodriven
10-24-2011, 08:59 AM
waaa waaa waaa whiner miners making good tv.

And that's all it is.

These reality shows aren't "real", per se. Yes, they are actually where they say they are doing what they say they're doing. Axemen, Gold Rush, Deadliest Catch, they're all "real" in the sense that they are actually doing the work they claim to be. They are heavily scripted however, and the drama is encouraged. They don't always do what makes sense, they do what gets ratings.

Vealmonkey
10-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Fabio, say it isn't so! Next thing you will be saying something about the Jersey Shore, Survivor, Wrestling. Where will it all end?! LOL And God help you if you say anything about Orange County Choppers! LOL

Stonewall
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
And God help you if you say anything about Orange County Choppers! LOL

Lol, I can't even watch that anymore...

That new Discovery show "Sons of Guns" was pretty cool, but it quit right in the middle of the second season. It was starting to show signs of scripting too... Wonder why they just quit?

Headsup
10-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Yea Also, They were just starting to find teh gold also. When that guy brought that Magnetic Thing to sift their gold out of the Black sand. They just started getting a decent ammount of gold.
i just dont understand that all them buckets their getting 2 bucks out of. Throw the buckets Away and get more dirt...
Idk i just hate how they brag about they spent 1/4 of a mill. wth they going to do if they cant get teh gold? Or its not the location of teh glory hole.

Orangecnty250r
10-24-2011, 12:33 PM
New season starts this FRIDAY for Gold Rush!! I am psyched......the shows that I cant stand are the fake fighting car repo shows...Just dreadful even seeing a commercial!!!

fabiodriven
10-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Lol, I can't even watch that anymore...

That new Discovery show "Sons of Guns" was pretty cool, but it quit right in the middle of the second season. It was starting to show signs of scripting too... Wonder why they just quit?

I've noticed they do this with a lot of these shows. They seem fairly legit at first, then once the people become half-assed TV stars the scripting starts. It seems to peak your curiosity and that's when they decide to ruin the show.

.the shows that I cant stand are the fake fighting car repo shows...Just dreadful even seeing a commercial!!!

Those shows are the absolute worst by far!!!

Vealmonkey
10-24-2011, 01:21 PM
What I didn't get on gold rush, was these people saying they are down to their last dollar and the guy is begging money from his sister, yet, what are they being paid by the tv company???????

fabiodriven
10-24-2011, 01:22 PM
What I didn't get on gold rush, was these people saying they are down to their last dollar and the guy is begging money from his sister, yet, what are they being paid by the tv company???????

They always fail to discuss that in all of these "reality" shows. I gripe and moan, but I'll still watch 'em.

dcreel
10-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Like the Teen Moms show on MTV. The tv show is to show the hardships of teen moms. But they are actually showing the lives of teen moms who make $70K + a season. Not to mention the sponsorships that go on. The one girls boyfriend wears nothing but Young and Reckless clothing.. Is he being paid for it? You bet he is..

What the show ends up showing teen girls is that you can get knocked up by a douchebag and get on mtv and make more money than your parents for being a teen mom..

That show Jersey Shore. All of them make a million dollars + a year for being nothing more than douchebags.. People wonder what's wrong with the world.

Thankfully there are shows like Holmes on Homes that offsets the madness a little.

R-tifacts
10-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I try to keep myslef busy enough to not watch much tv. I will be more stressed out after trying to find something worth watching, weeding through all the reality crap. I'd rather be in one of the shop's working to be honest.

Stonewall
10-24-2011, 03:08 PM
I try to keep myslef busy enough to not watch much tv. I will be more stressed out after trying to find something worth watching, weeding through all the reality crap. I'd rather be in one of the shop's working to be honest.

X2 on that... I've got better things to do.

WilliamJ
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Someone in the UK did a street survey to find out if anyone would give up TV for life in exchange for a million dollars. Almost everyone said "NO, I like TV too much for that"!!!

They must have different channels to the ones I get.

Dirtcrasher
10-24-2011, 07:03 PM
They all continue to show the degradation of society; Time to wipe the planet clean.........

RapidRick
10-24-2011, 08:05 PM
The capper of last season was when the buddy of the owner of the claim came in helped them clear the overburden off, got close to bedrock and when the season was over took over the claim without them. What a bunch of novices taking a claim for only one year. Serves them right the rookies, they deserve to go broke.

They should have seen that coming. But you can't fix stupid.

They're dumber than the rocks their moving.

spaghetti
10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
i only watch king of the hill

tri again
10-27-2011, 12:04 AM
There's a bunch of gold found on the east coast too.
Not from quartz veins like the west , but from glaciers dragging it down from Canada

Seems to settle in the low spots carved out of granite, which is kinda why the east coast has millions of lakes and ponds.

Dad's found a noticable amount in NY, PA and Vermont.
Georgia and the Carolinas are in the gold history stories too.

Good excuse to take trikes for a ride.
and with all the flooding/washout pictures I've see of the east,
I'd sure be down in some of those ditches with a pan and kitchen spoon.

baycitysteve
10-28-2011, 09:02 PM
for not having jobs and being broke they sure have some nice new trucks !!

baycitysteve
10-28-2011, 09:17 PM
the discovery channel must be paying good !!! hope they have some better luck this year ...

Vealmonkey
10-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Remember, you are going by the info they feed you. I would highly doubt that the masterminds of the tv industry would let these people pen such a deal and jeopardize their reality tv. Take it with a grain of salt please. Such things make for good tv.

baycitysteve
10-28-2011, 10:31 PM
good tv would of let them beat the crap out him . then come back in two months and steal all his gold !!

Orangecnty250r
10-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I watched it and Dakota Fred is a scum weazel.....although not paying the lease payment set up for the void of the contract on the claim!!

RapidRick
10-30-2011, 01:16 AM
only saw the last 10 minutes but enough to see that they are already screwed on the one claim with out a water permit.

KASEY
10-30-2011, 02:22 AM
so what the hell??????? why didn't they take all the running equipment and fill that hole back in!!!!! idiots !!

Chazz of Blades
10-30-2011, 03:26 AM
Someone in the UK did a street survey to find out if anyone would give up TV for life in exchange for a million dollars. Almost everyone said "NO, I like TV too much for that"!!!

They must have different channels to the ones I get.

Alright, I'll give up 'TV' for life for a million bucks. But nobody's stopping me from watching movies, shows, all kinds of things on my computer. LOOPHOLE BABY!

And look at it this way, no matter how bad shows get, we still have Top Gear.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
10-31-2011, 07:32 PM
And look at it this way, no matter how bad shows get, we still have Top Gear.
Ah yes top gear probably my favorite show, I love British humor. The american one is ok but not as good as the british one.

hoosierlogger
10-31-2011, 09:16 PM
so what the hell??????? why didn't they take all the running equipment and fill that hole back in!!!!! idiots !!
Thats what I thought only put everything in the hole first and use the 400 to fill it in.

blue27
11-01-2011, 07:59 AM
I just started watching Gold rush and Dakota Fred really pizzed me off, and he waited to they started working to tell them he was taking there claim. But they did void the contract. I do not know if they are getting paid or not for Gold Rush, I would think there would be something or T Shirt Royalties. I know guys on Cafe Racer TV, and they are not getting any payment for the stuff they build for the show but "free advertisement". Some times it's a trade off.

fabiodriven
11-01-2011, 09:01 AM
My guess is they're getting paid and paid well.

I agree, Dakota Fred really pizzed me off as well, but that's exactly what they want. As stated before, it makes for good TV. This particular show is as heavily scripted as they come. It's all too obvious that was part of the plan the entire time.

Escanabajosh
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM

Will hangs out at www.gunco.net, season two is being worked on right now