PDA

View Full Version : opinions on kawisaki bayou

yamaha 250
11-19-2002, 12:29 PM
my cuz has a 1993 220 kawisaki bayou and i love it because we have fliped it several times and there isnt a thing wrong with it!!!! and its a very reliable. and y i wanted to know is because i was thinking of buying one. any info helps thanx.

OldSchoolin86
11-19-2002, 11:50 PM
This is the original beater tough man quad! My buddy had the Bayou. You could jump, roll, kick and do anything you wanted to it and it would keep going. He hit trees, me and everything else out there and it only failed us once. He was giving another buddy a lift and as were blazing through the woods he went to turn and a front tire went flying off! All the studs snaped out of it. We were about 5 miles from anything so we found the closest road and I let the guy he was giving a lift drive my 110 and I hung off his quad oppisite of the missing wheel to keep it off the ground and we flew back to his house. I forgot all about that quad. He fixed it the next week and we continued to beat it.

yamaha 250
11-20-2002, 12:43 AM
me and my cuz has wrecked hersn several times! the worst was when she had bald back tires and it was really muddy. and i was flooring it and we hit a bump and it went offb the ground and when we came down we spun out and did a 180 and it flipped straight backwards on us. i am so glad that we had helmates on!!!!!
u could see the body print in the mud where we hit.

Wickedfinger
11-20-2002, 01:01 AM
.. beware of anything with a single A-Arm front suspension. :rolleyes:

11-21-2002, 07:53 PM
my buddie has a 88 220 bayo, burnt up one motor because he ran for like a month without a muffler, he has also hit a few tree's with it, I was most impressed when he was going down a dirt road at like 35 mph and faild to make a turn resulting in him flying about 20 feet in the air and landing in a gully, he drove it right up and out, other then busting up the front fender a little he was just fine, I was pretty amazed since I'l never been to impressed with kawasaki. maybe i should buy it for $400 he want out of it.

yamaha 250
11-21-2002, 08:33 PM
if u dont get it let me know the info.