PDA

View Full Version : noob and confused

Poindexter
10-28-2011, 04:56 PM
noob to the site. My friend got me to sign up in order to sell the parts I have piled up in my garage. He sold me on that you guys are pretty fair and decent and everything compared to taking my chances on ebay or craigslist. Now I'm confused... The classifieds are gone, and I seem to be limited on where I can post. I read the "how to gain access" thread above, I can understand the 10 posts rule, but I'm not willing to wait 2 months to list this stuff. Is that the deal? really?

hoosierlogger
10-28-2011, 05:06 PM
It is done to keep people from abusing our good nature by spamming the site with penis enlargment pills and other non trike related stuff. If you would have joined a little sooner you would be closer to the end of the 2 month deadline. :D

Poindexter
10-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess maybe I'll check back in a couple of months. At first I was excited to find such a great site, but now not so much, I'm pretty disappointed by this stupid rule.... a week or 2 sounds like a fair amount of time to me, but whatever. Sorry to waste both my time and yours.. Once again the assholes ruin it for the regular people.

thestud25
10-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess maybe I'll check back in a couple of months. At first I was excited to find such a great site, but now not so much, I'm pretty disappointed by this stupid rule.... a week or 2 sounds like a fair amount of time to me, but whatever. Sorry to waste both my time and yours.. Once again the assholes ruin it for the regular people.

A.) No one knows you from Adam. With the recent string of people ripping off Veterans and Noobs alike this rule is great. B.) This site is great for those that want to give and receive. If you are wanting to hawk some parts then use Ebay or Clist. The members on the site new and alike have a love for this hobby/sport and we all contribute with helping each other keep it going. Yes, there is a classifieds section for Members to post parts and buy parts, but this section was abused so now it is limited to help protect those that are actually interested in keeping the hobby alive. If you are serious, wait your 2 months, behave like a good noob should, and then post your parts for sale. If not, post your parts on the aforementioned sites.

fabiodriven
10-28-2011, 06:19 PM

You want some cheese with that whine? Hit the road bozo.

R-tifacts
10-28-2011, 07:15 PM
If your here to make money which is souds like you are (you have 6 posts and 5 are about selling) then beat it. If you have a passion for these machines then do your time and prove it. This is exactly why this rule was put into effect.

3Queen
10-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I am new and found no problem waiting for my 2 months so stop crying like a girl. Your 2 months will be over fast enough, your things been in your garage whats a another 2 months

Matrix
10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
I agree with all above posts. On first arrival I two thought 2 months was stupid, not my view point has changed. We dont need people like you, leave.

just ben
10-28-2011, 09:04 PM
If your here to make money which is souds like you are (you have 6 posts and 5 are about selling) then beat it. If you have a passion for these machines then do your time and prove it. This is exactly why this rule was put into effect.as far as I know the new member area is the only place you can post.I'm not sure on the post restriction that come with it but maybe you could list your parts there. I dont know I didn't read the rules for that forum. I agree if you are here to just sell parts you are not needed. If you are here for more than that then you will not have any problem waiting to post on the other sections.

Poindexter
10-29-2011, 09:09 AM
"hit the road bozo?" "We dont need people like you, leave" "stop crying like a girl" "cheese and whine, beat it" ....really? are you guys still stuck in middle school or something? Maybe one of the rules should be an age requirement.

Anyways, thanks to the other few guys who actually seem to be helpful on here and tried to explain the problem. I too, also hate getting ripped off, who doesn't? I'll wait the 2 months.
I was just saying that it seemed a little extreme. thats a whole change in seasons here. thats all.

RIDE-RED 250r
10-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Poindexter, I do agree that 2 months is kind of long, but I believe it will help dissuade new members with less than legit reasons for joining this site. But, IMHO, you did come across in kind of a bad way in expressing your feelings on this issue. Give the mods and admins of 3WW some slack here. They work hard to keep this the best triker site on the web, and if doing things this way makes life a little easier on them, I'm all for it. If you are the type of guy who joined this site for the same reasons as the rest of us, we welcome you with open arms. If not, be gone.

If you think a 2 month waiting period to gain full access to 3WW is bad, try getting a NYS pistol license right now! LOL! Good things come to those who wait.....

Poindexter
10-29-2011, 10:35 AM
heh I haven't needed a pistol permit... yet lol
ok my bad, maybe I should have phrased things differently. my apologies. I was a little mad that all of a sudden some of the great aspects of this site where now gone. I cant even see the classifieds. Probably could have avoided the whole thing if they gave you a warning when registering. like please be aware that due to the recent abuse, etc new members are no longer allowed to post in certain areas, or even see certain things etc. for 2 whole months. I was thinking like, I didn't do anything wrong, I'm new here, wtf is going on. Then to find out everything, you have to admit, it is pretty disappointing.

Poindexter
10-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Heres some pics to show that I am legit and prolly that my garage looks like alot of other guys on here lol

Poindexter
10-29-2011, 10:53 AM
I had to move these 2 outside

just ben
10-29-2011, 10:54 AM
I almost thought they were pics of my garage but I didnt see a work bench. Oh wait I can barely see it in my own garage. with 4 dx's around you ougt to be able to get atleast one in riding shape.

Poindexter
10-29-2011, 10:55 AM
and I think I've found most of the parts to this one...

Poindexter
10-29-2011, 11:00 AM
lol so ya, I'm in the middle of sorting everything out and you guys are like just oh, just wait 2 months, its no big deal, well it took me 3 years to get the time to finally do this, its gonna be almost 50 degrees out today, I'll just wait til its 20 degrees out every day, ya ok. I dont think so.
wait til you see pics when I make a path on the other side lol I got enough yamaha rear plastic, and worn out seats to start my own store.

Poindexter
10-29-2011, 11:09 AM
I almost thought they were pics of my garage but I didnt see a work bench. Oh wait I can barely see it in my own garage. with 4 dx's around you ougt to be able to get atleast one in riding shape.

Ya I was trying to get that cammo 225 to go. It runs fine, but the shaft stopped spinning, took the side of the motor apart (tranny?) to find out that the shaft inside thats broken, the previous owner welded parts to in there so I cant just switch out the shaft, I gotta somehow cut it into thirds to get it out. I'm a carpenter, not a mechanic by any means.

Vealmonkey
10-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I hate to tell you, that doesn't look like my garage, it looks like my living room! But, I do have a little bit better grade of hulks laying around. I don't see a Tiger frame or a suspension 185s frame, so I do have you beat there.