PDA

View Full Version : hello newbe here from uk i have a maliguti ranocchio 25cc. to sell

evo mrt
10-30-2011, 06:22 PM
hello all
i have my sons 1st bike to sell and i think it might be quite rare i have seen a post on here about the same type of bike but cant add a reply to the post.
any help would be great.
here is a link to the post.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/106304-Malaguti-Ranocchio-50cc-Childs-Trike

here is my bike add on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/childs-motor-bike-Malaguti-trike-25cc-/260882355103?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3cbdccd39f

should i keep it is it rare whats worth ? any help would be appreaceted.

fabiodriven
10-30-2011, 06:27 PM
If you were here, I would buy that. Only the second one I have ever seen.

Is it 25 or 50cc?

Jason125m
10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Wow, thats really friggen cool! I would also buy it if you were closer..

hoosierlogger
10-30-2011, 06:43 PM
I have only seen those in pictures, never in person have I seen one. I would hang on to it if I were you.

bigdarren
10-30-2011, 06:45 PM
my friend luke has one it a 50cc

evo mrt
10-30-2011, 06:48 PM
when i bought it about 5 years ago from a mate who is the 3rd gen in the family to run a local motorcycle shop for years it was his first bike he is now 30 odd yr old he said that he thought it was a 25cc. i cant find much at all on the net about it. since i put it on ebay 2 days ago i have had a man from ireland call me wanting to buy it asap.
i dont know weather to hold on to it if its that rare ? do you know any one on here knows about these bikes ?

hoosierlogger
10-30-2011, 07:01 PM
You might PM bigdarren and see if he will set you up with his buddies phone number. No one is more likely to know about them better than someone who has one.

evo mrt
10-30-2011, 08:05 PM
pm sent thanks alot hoosierlogger.

hoosierlogger
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
No problem I hope you figure out what you were wanting to know.

evo mrt
10-31-2011, 05:34 PM
i have added some more photos of this bike for you all to have a look at.
not many bikes around like this. its still on ebay got 6/7 day to go from today been offerd £300.00 for it and i proably will sell it for that in the next couple of days .
cheers evo mrt.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=1141
enjoy pics.

hoosierlogger
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Holy huge pictures Bat man. I would keep it personally. Did you find anything out from Bigdarren yet?

evo mrt
10-31-2011, 06:05 PM
yes bigdarren replyed to my pm and gave me a link to luke on club atc. i didnt register but sent a email to admin on club atc but email failed came back as failure. so i pmed luke on here as big d said he was called luke on here so i looked up on the list and found 1 luke there were others but not just luke as there name so i hope its the right one.
some people on here are saying keep it dont sell but will it be worth alot of money in years to come.? from what i can find on the net there omly seems to be 2 others that i can find.
my youngest has nearly growen out of it and likes to ride his bro pw 50 and my eldist has nearly out growen the pw so if i sell this that will give me cash to get a hardly used bigger bike py 90 kawasati chineese rubish that i have seen near to me. he is only 8 and i dont think it will matter that much to him if its a chineese bike. or not. but unfortunately it will drop in price over the years that my eldst boy then my youngest have it for. proably for another 5 years till my youngest growes out it. proably by then he will be 11/12 and want a proper moto x bike or my monkey bike (no chance)..
why you say not to sell. please give me some reasons if you owned it why.?

hoosierlogger
10-31-2011, 06:07 PM
I wouldnt sell it because I have never seen one in person before. By the time your grand kids are old enough to drive you might be able to buy one of them a car with the money you might get out of it. That would earn you some major Grandpa points.

bigdarren
10-31-2011, 06:40 PM
any word from luke yet ?

evo mrt
10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
no mate not yet. i keep looking to see if i have had a pm.

hoosierlogger
10-31-2011, 06:58 PM
In the end it is your trike and none of us can stop you from doing what you want to do. I hope you do what best fits you.

evo mrt
10-31-2011, 07:14 PM
i am in 2 minds cant decide. my mate has 10 atc 70s and 1 big red he had a track 30 years ago where i live and you could pay to ride on them. then he sold up after there were deamed unsafe and banned in the uk for public to pay and ride due to tipping and rolling over issues and insurance. then about 7/8 years ago he started collecting and buying them up again as spaires repaire and tells me they are getting expensive to buy used parts for when he buys a project ones to restore and make good. it was only a coule of years ago we meet up with the kids and had a day in a field on all the bikes maliguti and the hondas. it looked like a blst from the past that day. great times for all. i loved drifting the big red on the oval trak we made up.

evo mrt
10-31-2011, 07:17 PM
any word from luke yet ?

i have tryed to register on the atc site and it says server error. and wont let me get on there properly.
any chance you could contact him for me please. he might be abel to help me make my mind up about selling or not. talk some sence into me. lol

R-tifacts
10-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Cool machine man, you should keep that thing if you can.

bigdarren
10-31-2011, 07:58 PM
i have tryed to register on the atc site and it says server error. and wont let me get on there properly.
any chance you could contact him for me please. he might be abel to help me make my mind up about selling or not. talk some sence into me. lol

not sure why you cant register ?? luke is one of the sites admin , ill give him a ring tomorrow

Matrix
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
I wouldnt sell it because of how rare it is. I have always not wanted to sell something rare to someone I dont know because even if that one thing doesn't mean much to you, it sure does to other people and if the person you sell it to destroys it, its kinda like you ruined it, and you then have to bear that guilt. Something I couldn't do.

Follow me? In the same relative concept of have one of the last things then just ruining it all for a little bit of money.

However, do as you please if you want to. Sorry if I seem like a condescending ass.

evo mrt
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
last night i sent off a few emails to birmingham motorcycle musuem and dirt bike rider mag and trials and moto cross news and motor cycle news just to ask if they know a value / rareity etc of these bikes or any experts who know about these bikes.
i had 1 reply today and here it is.

Hi Christian,

I’ve never seen one before but judging by this post is isn’t worth all that much…

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php/106304-Malaguti-Ranocchio-50cc-Childs-Trike

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Lawless

Editor

Dirt Bike Rider Magazine

JP Off-Road Portfolio

Victoria St, Morecambe LA4 4AG

01524 834077

www.dirtbikerider.com

lets hope some i get some better replys from the emails tomorow.

mxlj
11-01-2011, 08:40 PM
that is a cool little 3 wheeler.

evo mrt
11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
here is a link to engine parts for these bikes if anyone ever needs to get some.
http://www.morinifrancousa.com/parts.htm

Devinos619
11-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Definitely a sweet trike. Lol when all else fails throw it on ebay