PDA

View Full Version : Just a hypothetical legal question...

HuffieVA
11-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I have a hypothetical legal question: If someone was to say "If you lay a hand on her again, I promise you that I will drag you to the police station and up the courthouse steps by your f#$%ing balls" would that be considered a threat, or would it be considered a justifiable explanation of what the future would hold for the target of said comment?

Would that be:

A: A justifiable explanation

B: A threat

C: The equivalent of trying to pick up a small key while wearing a mitten

atctim
11-01-2011, 11:49 AM
That is a threat for sure - No Doubt! (in legal terms anyway - most likely it would be option C in reality - I'm pretty sure that male reproductive organs are not that durable)

250r_doverdemon
11-01-2011, 11:50 AM
if you say i promise at the begining its just a promise no threat intended..

Mosh
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Well with the current pansy ass litigating society we have around us, I would say that most candy asses would consider it a threat of violence.

However, the way I was raised, that would be your one and only, final warning before the offender got jacked in the jaw.
If this is someone messing with my daughter or wife or sister, I wouldnt even give the warning..Hell with the consequences.

Too many lawsuits and attorneys these days.

In any case, I would guess there would have to be some kind of record of it being stated, wheter on paper or with a recording device or a witness, to even make it stick.

atc007
11-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Sounds like a real bad situation there Huffie. Sorry to hear it,and sure hope the scumbag meets with his fate sooner than later!

Mr. Clean
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
if you say i promise at the begining its just a promise no threat intended..

Must be a unique Canadian clause.

Your statement is a threat based on two reasons. One is it has to be a threat of physical harm. Clearly that statement is a threat to an individual. Second is are you capable of carrying out the threat. So haging by the testes may not be physically possible, but I am sure given the opportunity you are capable of inflicting some physical harm and if things go terribly wrong....even one punch in the right circumstances could cause death.

The one thing I dont understand in your statement "If you lay a hand on her again" implies that physical abuse may have already occurred and I am not sure why the perp is not already in jail. A criminal act in retaliation for a criminal act does not make it right.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

just ben
11-01-2011, 04:27 PM
in Ny that may not be enough for formal charges but is enough for a protection order. which if violated is chargable

Thorpe
11-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Just whoop him, and dont say a thing! (oh, wait... Thats probably just as big, a heep of trouble too)

300rman
11-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Well, since the dirtbag is touching "her" and "she" dont want it, I am sure if it comes down to hardball, "she" can then press charges against said dirtbag as well. that alone will probably make him drop the pursuit....

A criminal act in retaliation for a criminal act does not make it right.

And, sadly, that is where this world went wrong. Beating the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of a dirtbag for abusing someone is perfectly correct. Shooting someone for breaking into your home/garage is perfectly correct. Beating the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of some punk for vandalizing your car or stealing your radio is perfectly correct. Maybe if there were some serious consequences for people, everyone would think twice about committing a crime. Thats how things USED to be, and society was a much better place.

And dont think that this decline is an accident.....it is completely done on purpose by the people behind the curtain....

Swinger
11-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Well Huffie let me tell you about my own personal experience!!! This one night about 3 yrs ago me and my wife went to the local watering hole for a few drinks and on our way out there was 2 guys fighting in the parking lot. Well we watched for a minute and got in our vehicle to leave and next thing you know the guys fighting ended up on the hood of the car. So my wife proceeds to get out and ask for some insurance info because there was now damage to her car. They laughed and refused, so she asked for their names and they replied George Fin Washington trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and shoved her. Well thats where I came into play. I calmly (drunkly) walked over to him and said, well I dont really remember what I said but I hit him one time and knocked him out cold. So needless to say the next day the police were at my house saying there was witnesses that watched me hit this other guy and he didnt hit me so now have a court hearing to got to. At court they tried to get me with aggrevated assault, saying I used a pool ball or a glass bottle to hit him and wanted hospital bills paid for his broken cheek bone and damage to his vision. Well no weapon was used and to make a long story a little shorter the judge told me that all assault charges were dropped because I only hit him one time and it was because I was deffending my wife (self defence for someone not capable). The judge also told me now if I would have jumped on him and continued to beat on him then it would have been assault! So next time give it everything you got and lay that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro out with one swing and be on your merry way!!!

Mr. Clean
11-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, since the dirtbag is touching "her" and "she" dont want it, I am sure if it comes down to hardball, "she" can then press charges against said dirtbag as well. that alone will probably make him drop the pursuit........

A number of things can be inferred from the provided one sentence statement??

And, sadly, that is where this world went wrong. Beating the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of a dirtbag for abusing someone is perfectly correct. Shooting someone for breaking into your home/garage is perfectly correct. Beating the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of some punk for vandalizing your car or stealing your radio is perfectly correct. Maybe if there were some serious consequences for people, everyone would think twice about committing a crime. Thats how things USED to be, and society was a much better place.........

I am all for appropriate retaliation and as defined by law "self defense". Realistically the only chance you have to do your described punishment is when the "true" perp is caught. Only a few "lucky" victims truly enjoy your version of retaliation. Dirty Harry Laws-which I support.

Your drawing conclusions as am I...based on a hypothetical situation. I don't believe at any point in humanity that anyone did not commit crime due to the potential consequences.

And dont think that this decline is an accident.....it is completely done on purpose by the people behind the curtain....

Who?

And sadly I have real experience with a "fruit cake ex-boyfriend" and a woman in my life.....

300rman
11-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't believe at any point in humanity that anyone did not commit crime due to the potential consequences.

"who" is anyone reading the post.

The amount of crimes happening today are astronomical compared to times past. people were raised differently. Ive talked to enough dirtbags to know that many of them get started in their line of "work" because there are no consequences...they are protected by law in breaking the law. Lawmakers frown more upon you beating the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro out of some punk for robbing your car or trying to mug you, than they care to concern themselves with the original criminal.

When my dad was a kid, if the owner of a piece of property caught you stealing it, he would beat your ass and nobody would care. If you went home to whine, your parent would beat your ass for being a criminal too. When this stopped, society began its decline.....just take a look around.....no respect any more. Kids nowadays will do things to you because they know you cant do anything about it other tan scream till you are blue in the face.

Vealmonkey
11-02-2011, 01:15 AM
This whole thread is just plain weird. The way the question was asked, the non explaining of the situation. If somebody is touching somebody that doesn't want to be touched, that's a crime unto inself. If you have done nothing legal about this, I really have to wonder, why not? I think their is too much happening here than has been said. When something criminal happens, why don't you get the police to take care of it? Then it makes me believe, that nothing criminal happened, that there was some form of consent, but when both parties were caught, then one party has to lie about what happened or didn't happen to protect them from being punished. At least that is how it seems to me. But it amazes me what people choose to put in a public forum.

HuffieVA
11-02-2011, 02:09 AM
This whole thread is just plain weird. The way the question was asked, the non explaining of the situation. If somebody is touching somebody that doesn't want to be touched, that's a crime unto inself. If you have done nothing legal about this, I really have to wonder, why not? I think their is too much happening here than has been said. When something criminal happens, why don't you get the police to take care of it? Then it makes me believe, that nothing criminal happened, that there was some form of consent, but when both parties were caught, then one party has to lie about what happened or didn't happen to protect them from being punished. At least that is how it seems to me. But it amazes me what people choose to put in a public forum.

OK Veal, I'll clarify a little bit:

Background:

P.O.S. Son-in-law roughed up my daughter who refuses to follow through with filing a complaint, no other witness and the marks are now gone.

Proposed Solution:

Installing the the fear of god into the lowlife deep enough to encourage the punk not to do it again while not crossing the line known as legality

Why Ask:

(Just a few reasons)

Because the natural instinct to protect is buried in legal jargon that isn't truly understood by many that are smart enough to pass the State Bar exam...

Personally I think anyone that lays a hand on a woman (with an extremely short list of exceptions) deserves to have their ass handed to them, unfortunately thats currently illegal...

Possibly someone who successfully dealt with a similar situation in a creative yet legal way may give me a good idea.

And finally, because he is what he is, no sense hiding the fact that my son in law is a coward is there?

Vealmonkey
11-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Thank you for clarifying the whole thing. I feel bad for you and your family. But, no matter what you do, if your daughter doesn't do the right thing, then it's next to impossible to stop. As much as we love our families, good and bad, you can't fight all their battles if they don't do what is right. This is why law enforcement officials hate dealing with domestic disputes. Where I work at, borders a main road here in MD. Last night a couple pulled over alongside our property, and the boyfriend, proceeded to beat the crap out of his girlfriend on our property. The security guards called the police and 3 cars, 6 officers total showed up. Now all this was recorded on security cameras. And after the police "persuaded" the man to quit beating his girlfriend, she refused to press charges against the guy! MD is not a state that automatically presses charges if showing signs of injury, like some other states. So they had to let the guy go! Is that some crap or what? But it comes down to, why these battered people feel that they deserve to be beaten? What compells your daughter to feel the way she does? You really should get your daughter some counseling on the whole matter. But until she sees what is happening is wrong and presses charges, you will not be a happy man. And be careful. If you get caught up in all this and go to jail yourself, you will not be there to give your daughter guidance, or a boot in the butt, that she needs. No matter how much you love your daughter or how much you despise her spouse, only she can do what is right.

Headsup
11-02-2011, 08:24 AM
to hell with the charges!! If some 1 is putting their hands on my daughter, The shotgun is going in their face. But thats just how i was raised. Also might i add, She is only 6 lol

350XJEDI
11-02-2011, 10:59 AM
similer situation , my solution , fake forgiveness , invited said pos riding put him on 200x no brakes then give him ride to hospital for broken leg ,ankle and ribs , sorry " , lol , stupid pos took months to heal , she didnt know was on purpose no problem cept had to fix the x

350XJEDI
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
if needed next time deer hunting? accidents happen !!:naughty:

300rman
11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
And sadly I have real experience with a "fruit cake ex-boyfriend" and a woman in my life.....

As do I. the fucker beat and raped her for months, threatened to kill her etc, and she believed him because of the things he had done. when she finally got out, the guy barely got a slap on the wrist, and he's coming around for her again, been going to the places she goes hoping to run into her, etc. She barely leaves her house, and only goes out in a group of friends anymore because of this dirtbag, and Unless he shows up while I am visiting, I cannot do anything about it.

if your daughter doesn't do the right thing, then it's next to impossible to stop.

Even when they want it to stop, the dirtbags often barely get a slap on the wrist......just see above. Idk how he fell through the cracks, but I dont see this ending without her getting beaten by him again because short of that, the law wont do a damn thing to him.

So, I dont see how it should be anything but correct to curb-stomp his ass. Normal people wouldnt give two shits about a scumbag like this, but the law sure does.....

Texaskev
11-02-2011, 04:43 PM
In Texas, if someone calls the cops for domestic disturbance, either in the house or a neighbor, if there are any signs of violence at all, someone goes to jail. Also, even though it is technically against the law, most cops would not take a father to jail for smacking a guy for hitting his daughter, (as long as she says that he did). I don't know if I could refrain if it was my daughter. I feel for you, my man. Good luck with all of this..............

Chazz of Blades
11-08-2011, 01:07 AM
I was always raised that a man should make every decision in life knowing full well that he will reap the spoils of it.

Some people don't deserve the rights given to normal human beings, people like these scumbags.

daBIGKAHUNA
11-08-2011, 02:55 AM
trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro the legal ramifications - take care of your daughter. If he hit here once he is going to do it again and the way this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro usually works....she's probably not gonna tell you about it.

skidmorejr88
11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I would consider it a threat, but legal ramifications wouldn't be much if any I would think on your behalf. Now the p.o.s jabroni that was laying hands on your daughter should be a diffrent story given the right course of action is taken. Plain and simple a man should never lay a hand on a women in that way.