PDA

View Full Version : Anyone excited for winter???!!!!

Jason125m
11-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I can't friggen wait! Winter is by far my favourite riding season.

I don't understand why people store their bikes in the winter!

I'm right on a lake, so... ice racing track / a snow MX track is in order...

I don't own a skii doo, but I have always wanted one for packing down my trails :)

What do you guys ride/do in the winter?

Forgot to add, the rebuild of my 250sx, and my 350x this winter...

Jason

bigredridr
11-01-2011, 05:28 PM
i myself cant wait for winter....well i cant wait for snow. couple of my friends and me have sleds we put on at least 1500 miles a year depending on the season. I ride a 05 F7 SNOPRO. of course i still ride the big red. hopefully this year i can get out on the ice with the TRI-Z and see how it does.

dcreel
11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I usually huddle in my house with the fireplace going waiting for the first glimpse of warmth and sunlight.. I absolutely hate winter... Honestly, I see nothing good about freezing my rear off doing anything..

Mrs.Mosh
11-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm with ya..I love winter!
We have what we call 70 Nationals. A bunch of us get together on 70's and it is a freakin blast. Wether it is going on a 70's trail ride, or playing on out little track. It is always a good time.
This year a friend of ours is going to host some 70 ice racing...looking forward to that!

rdlsz24
11-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I have my sled, but don't get to ride as much now that I have 2 little kids. I like when we get snow, but don't like the days below zero and wind. When I have to turn on my heater in the garage just to tinker out there is the worst.

Rob

gomer202
11-01-2011, 05:40 PM
People should post pics winter riding! Im on my phone so i cant but i will soon

Jason125m
11-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm with ya..I love winter!
We have what we call 70 Nationals. A bunch of us get together on 70's and it is a freakin blast. Wether it is going on a 70's trail ride, or playing on out little track. It is always a good time.
This year a friend of ours is going to host some 70 ice racing...looking forward to that!

Does that ever sound like FUN!

Dcreel, Its not cold if you're dressed for it! Full snowmobile suit is a must for riding in the winter.

R-tifacts
11-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I can't wait to blast past the sleds on the trikes, the look on their faces.......priceless. Its gota be a hard packed trail and dont get off in the powder or your done.

RoscoW
11-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm right on a lake, so... ice racing track / a snow MX track is in order...
Forgot to add, the rebuild of my 250sx, and my 350x this winter...

Jason

Well then I guess your hosting the Ice racing weekend this year for us Ontarians ............LOL

RIDE-RED 250r
11-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I can't wait to blast past the sleds on the trikes, the look on their faces.......priceless. Its gota be a hard packed trail and dont get off in the powder or your done.

I guarantee you won't blast past MY sled!! LOL! Well, at least on the lake...my Mach-Z isn't exactly made for the bumpy twisty stuff.

You guys may find this strange, but honestly, I'm really not looking forward to winter this year even though I am a sledder. Last years gas prices at about $2.50 cut my riding miles down a bit. Really adds up when you run 2 sleds for a whole day and they don't quite get 10mpg. The current gas prices will really hurt if they don't let up before snow flies, but I'm not holding my breath.....

Here's a couple pics...My '99 Mach-Z and the wifes '01 MXZ700. Plus some random riding pics. My wife has this knack for getting cool pics while riding....

Jason125m
11-01-2011, 09:17 PM
You guys may find this strange, but honestly, I'm really not looking forward to winter this year even though I am a sledder. Last years gas prices at about $2.50 cut my riding miles down a bit. Really adds up when you run 2 sleds for a whole day and they don't quite get 10mpg. The current gas prices will really hurt if they don't let up before snow flies, but I'm not holding my breath.....

Jeeze, the prices here are about 1.30 / 1.40 per LITRE. Putting gas in the truck (6.0 ) sucks ass!.

Well then I guess your hosting the Ice racing weekend this year for us Ontarians ............LOL

I'lll see what I can do Ross. Haha

Bryan Raffa
11-01-2011, 10:23 PM
all I can say is .......ICEFEST 2012!

YAMAHONDAMAN

Vealmonkey
11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
No, I'm not excited about winter. If I could, I would gladly let you have any and all snow that would fall in this area. You are a sick and twisted individual! LOL

Swinger
11-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I love to snowboard and cant wait to hit the slopes! Had my wife try it once and took her 45 min to make it to the bottom of the hill and she insisted Id tried to kill her and she sat in the mountain top bar the rest of the day while I hit the board parks and tripple diamond hills. That and I fish for steelhead in the winter so that along with riding and sled riding with the kids and ice skating and anything else to make me forget its freezing out and Im in! The heat is what really gets me. I can always put more clothes on, heated socks, hot hand etc..., but when its hot out you can only go so far until finding a place to swim.

jb2wheels
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm with DCREEL. I grew up in the desert. Winter = hi temps in the 70s. I lived in Colorado Springs, Dayton OH, and Wichita since. I settled in TX. Snow sucks. Ice sucks.

We had the hottest summer here in like 100 years. I was the happiest person in town. Hi temp of 105 - bring it.

But when it's gray outside for weeks I go inot fetal whimper mode...

Mrs.Mosh
11-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Not me, I couldn't live in the desert. I love the seasons too much....especially Autumn. I would miss the fall colors. Ya winter is cold, but being out in the snow and then coming in to a warm fire is nice. I also like snow storms. Watching the big flakes pile up, then playing in it....

I thought I had more pics of our winter 70 get-togethers, but I can't find them.
We don't have any sleds, but last year our friend Mark brought over his daughters Kitty Cat sled.

Swinger
11-02-2011, 10:21 AM
That kitty cat looks like a boat load of fun right there!

350XJEDI
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
I love riding in the winter snow covered trails and mud deep enough to swallow your 350x if you dont hit it rigrt and power though ,but if it gets to cold and windy then the riding gets cut short . the challange to get to the highest spot possible on the mountain , most of the guys i rde with give up to quick , but some of them have the big 4x4 quads that always go farther then the x , plus no dust!!:D

R-tifacts
11-02-2011, 11:42 AM
all I can say is .......ICEFEST 2012!

YAMAHONDAMAN

Where does said "ICE FEST" happen and when?

Jason125m
11-02-2011, 12:30 PM
I couldn't live in the desert either. I cannot stand the heat, even though I'm in Canada, it gets really hot. I'm a fulltime landscaper, so its awful in the high temps.

In the winter, you can always get bigger gloves / coat / snow pants / sweaters, etc... But in the summer, what can you do? You're practically naked sweating like crazy!

thestud25
11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Where does said "ICE FEST" happen and when?

It is at Raffa's every year usually in Feb to my recollection. I am sure it will be up on the rides/events section soon.

R-tifacts
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
thanks for the info stud, pm sent to raffa

Mr_RPM
11-02-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't wait. I should have the 110 with 4-snows on it
the big red
and the jeep is always a blast in the snow too

wisconsinite
11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
can't wait for some river riding, gonna stud my tires this year and planning to do some local radar runs this year! but on the other hand, i got a lotta firewood to cut yet, and still gotta winterize my camper, and clean out my gutters... so i guess i'm not ready yet :(
but yeah, nothing beats a still, sunny 15-20 degree day out on the ice!

bigredridr
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I can't wait to blast past the sleds on the trikes, the look on their faces.......priceless. Its gota be a hard packed trail and dont get off in the powder or your done. R-tifacts your just upset that you sold your sled at the end of the last riding season.... if you think you can "blast" pass my sled you are greatly mistakin. maybe if you ask me nicely ill let you ride my ol ladies sled..:lol:

Xpress
11-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Winter time, to me, means lots of rain and sun-less days. But it also means MUD :naughty:

Jason125m
11-02-2011, 06:12 PM
I have NOTHING to do but ride. I'm sitting on 25 + bushcords of wood...

Mosh
11-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Just some winter/esk pics..

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/100_0296.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/2-13-09006.jpg

Summit Indoors..Usually 6 inches on the ground and about 28 degrees outside, about 40 degrees inside..
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/mainstart.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/Snowstorm09004.jpg

Uhm..Some strange stuff goes on around here too when the flakes fly..
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m40/cosmicquads/IMG_2042.jpg

coolpool
11-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Wow Mosh, that pic is.....interesting!

Honestly I can wait for winter. We are already going to -10 C each night. I do like riding in snow but holy geez I have seen -43 C here, and that's no bull. We do take advantage of the nice sunny days to rip around on the lakes though. Thank god I built a heated shop this year.

Mosh
11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Wow Mosh, that pic is.....interesting!
Well, I can assure you. No Mosh was filmed or injured during this scene..But I do tend to attract some cretons around my place..lmao

Jason125m
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Nice Pictures Mosh, last one is by far the best. haha!

Damn coolpool is getting cold over there. My lowest has been - 2.

But, cold only means ICE :)

coolpool
11-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Nice Pictures Mosh, last one is by far the best. haha!

Damn coolpool is getting cold over there. My lowest has been - 2.

But, cold only means ICE :)

Our predicted high for tomorrow is -4. The small ponds will be rideable soon and the muskeg will stiffen up. Winter sure does open up a lot of riding areas.

R-tifacts
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
R-tifacts your just upset that you sold your sled at the end of the last riding season.... if you think you can "blast" pass my sled you are greatly mistakin. maybe if you ask me nicely ill let you ride my ol ladies sled..:lol:

Bigredridr: Dont bring a knife to a gun fight son, as I recall the two times we went to tug hill to ride last year, you didnt make it home under your own power either time haha. Just incase you forgot here is a pic of my ole ladies sled towing your broken kitty home:D....134678

RIDE-RED 250r
11-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Bigredridr: Dont bring a knife to a gun fight son, as I recall the two times we went to tug hill to ride last year, you didnt make it home under your own power either time haha. Just incase you forgot here is a pic of my ole ladies sled towing your broken kitty home:D....134678

OUCH!!!!! That stings!

dcreel
11-05-2011, 03:54 PM
OUCH!!!!! That stings!

With a picture even... Dang, son... :lol:

Russell 350X
11-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Can't wait for winter!! Sleds all prepped and ready to go!!!!!!!

hehe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuo6iGXmL3s

bigredridr
11-05-2011, 04:12 PM
hey R-tifacts the reason that i had a broken a&& sled is cause i had a son and couldnt afford anything better at the time so i bought what i could so i could ride. then i had enough money saved to go out and buy the sled i always wanted with low miles a firecat F7 snopro, in which 1 week after me purchasing it you sold mxz800 becuase you couldnt keep up with my new sled. and fyi arctic cats dont seem to like windmills at tug hill.....stators always go out. lol

RIDE-RED 250r
11-05-2011, 07:13 PM
hey R-tifacts the reason that i had a broken a&& sled is cause i had a son and couldnt afford anything better at the time so i bought what i could so i could ride. then i had enough money saved to go out and buy the sled i always wanted with low miles a firecat F7 snopro, in which 1 week after me purchasing it you sold mxz800 becuase you couldnt keep up with my new sled. and fyi arctic cats dont seem to like windmills at tug hill.....stators always go out. lol

LOLOL!! I had just noticed it was a '98 ZR and was going to ask if the stator crapped out!!! LOL!

just ben
11-06-2011, 12:05 AM
crazy heat bills,plowing snow, getting up early to warm and clean off my truck. yeah can't wait

Jason125m
11-06-2011, 11:21 PM
crazy heat bills,plowing snow, getting up early to warm and clean off my truck. yeah can't wait

You sir, need to install a woodstove. By far the cheapest, and nicest heat. ( if you have access to wood )

just ben
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
I have a fireplace but really dont use it much. I live in the woods (literally) so the fuel isnt a problem, Its a matter of having the time to deal with it.

ChrisD
11-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I am not looking forward to the winter this year. I will be on the DL, so Mr. McCain will take the win without a fight from me. I smashed myself on my CRF450 that involved med-evac, shock trauma, scars on the brain, broken ribs, stitches, dislocations, road rash etc. I still look forward to Ice Fest though! however I will be doing more drinking this time.

CRAZY70MAN
11-08-2011, 09:08 PM
I am not looking forward to the winter this year. I will be on the DL, so Mr. McCain will take the win without a fight from me. I smashed myself on my CRF450 that involved med-evac, shock trauma, scars on the brain, broken ribs, stitches, dislocations, road rash etc. I still look forward to Ice Fest though! however I will be doing more drinking this time. Damn Chris!! Glad you made it through all that. I was looking forward to hearing that 'R" of yours again!! We shall leave the battleup to Mr. McCain and Riverrat huh??? I will be the fool on the big red plow again..lol... Icefest Plowstaff Hope to see ya there and slam a coulple chili ones with ya. And oh ya Nate.....if you read this....no jocky's on the big bore 70's this year:lol::lol: I got a little surprise for ya buddy:naughty:

ChrisD
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I have a 250sx with a plow :cool:

CRAZY70MAN
11-09-2011, 06:45 AM
I have a 250sx with a plow :cool: I am sure Bryan will tell ya to bring it if you can. The more we have just in case it turns out like plowfest last year....could save us a lot of time. Get with him...