PDA

View Full Version : Work boot question

The Goat
11-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Does anyone make a pull on work boot that's made in the USA, that has a larger opening for the calf muscle? I'm a big guy, but I'm constantly walking around, which means the top of most workbooks sit right under the calf muscles. Most won't fit, those that do are usually cheapo hunks of junk. Need about a 20 inch opening. Or they could be shorter.

Unfortunately can't be redwings as I have to buy them off of amazon. They do have Chinese made wings on there... But they don't interest me.

Found some chippewas, but they look a little tall.

Thorpe
11-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I cant help in the USA department, but how about Australian, sold out of California? I have been rocking Redbacks for a few years now, and love them. Currently have 3 pair, one of which I wear casual.

http://www.redbackusa.com/

HuffieVA
11-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Carolina Boots, they used to be made 100% in the US but now have factories both here and over seas, but they are great boots, I've been working construction for the past 22 years and have worn them 95% of that time with an occasional Chippawa ans Red Wing thrown in. They have many models to choose from to fit whatever you do. And they are comfortable all I wear is boots unless I'm on the water...

The Goat
11-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I like redbacks a lot, specifically the lower style pullon.

I like the carolinas but the only pull on they have is midcalf, theyre a narrow top so I don't think they would work.

I've been wearing flip flops daily since march, walking in the house yesterday the screen door closed just quick enough to put four in long cuts on the back of my ankle, one of which probably needed stitches. Back to boots for me.

My wolverines died right before the flop experiment, perfect for years and then suddenly the sole came off...

The Goat
11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Sweet, I usually wear a 10.5 or 11 us. If you could awesome, but my problem is I have an account just linked with amazon for purchases like this, otherwise I'd buy local.