PDA

View Full Version : Need Cycle country Plow brackets for 250es or 250sx

dreux13
11-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi guys,

I picked up a cycle country plow for my '86 BIg Red and need to find the brackets or have them made. Does anyone have a spare set or have the means to make them?

I can have a local welder make them, but none of the posts here have the exact measurements and the welder wants me to leave the machine and plow at his shop which I don't feel comfortable doing.

I've watched the three YouTube vids reviewing the setup and went through a ton of threads, but could really use all of the dimensions including the front motor mount bracket.

I'd be willing to pay if someone wants to make them for me.

Thanks
Dreux

dreux13
11-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Here's an update and a question:

I took screenshots of key videos as well as the lingering plow setup pics around the site and have started fabricating the brackets using 3/16 angle iron. Once I have the pieces all cut, drilled, and shaped. My buddy is going to weld the tabs that hang down for the 'ears' of the plow.

My question is this....for those ears that hang down off the bracket that the pins go in to, can I get away with 1/8" angle iron? the 3/16" gets thick when you start building that up (i.e. cut 2" pieces and flip upside down and stack).

I'm thinking 3/16 for main bracket, 1/8 for inside ear and 3/16 for outside.

Does this make sense and/or is 1/8 just bad to use any which way?

Thanks so much!
- Dreux

dreux13
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
They are all done and I ended up using 3/16" steel for everything. It took a few hours since I don't have heavy duty tools, but all the mesurements and fabrication worked like a charm! When I have a chance, I'll take pictures and more importantly full measurements since no one was able to answer me and I'm sure someone's going to need this info sooner or later!

1tonofsh!t
11-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Definitely interested, especially that i'm looking to find a 250 sx. But honestly, how good can either atc plow with 2 wheel drive?

dreux13
11-14-2011, 02:00 PM

Here she is all done. I got so excited to mount the plow that I didn't get a chance to take the measurement pics.

Based on the youtube vids I've seen, it should plow pretty well. I have a set of mud tires/rims that I'll throw on for traction and possibly add some weight to the rear.

Now on to adding strobe lights for safety!

1tonofsh!t
11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
no good on the attachment dreux.

dreux13
11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
no good on the attachment dreux.

They seem to be popping up now (or at least 1)!

1tonofsh!t
11-16-2011, 12:31 PM
those are saweet! post some pics and follow up with a performance review please

weidjd
11-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Did you restore that BR? I am looking to also set up a br/250sx with a plow. You will have to tell us how it does.

dreux13
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Nope, I just happened to find a 'gem'! Actually, it's in very good condition, possibly excellent when you factor in the age. Then again, we're getting to the point where any machine that lasted 25 years or more must have been taken care of.

I'll definitely chime in on how it does.

If you're searching for a plow, try http://www.allofcraigs.com/ which helped me. I was very close to having one made for me since I don't have the right tools when I stumbled on this one minus the brackets for $100.

harvestblue
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Hi guys,

I picked up a cycle country plow for my '86 BIg Red and need to find the brackets or have them made. Does anyone have a spare set or have the means to make them?

I can have a local welder make them, but none of the posts here have the exact measurements and the welder wants me to leave the machine and plow at his shop which I don't feel comfortable doing.

I've watched the three YouTube vids reviewing the setup and went through a ton of threads, but could really use all of the dimensions including the front motor mount bracket.

I'd be willing to pay if someone wants to make them for me.

Thanks
Dreux

I found this walk-around video on YouTube. The guy has 4 walk around videos. This link is for Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utwARpn0YUk Video #3 isn't so good, but #4 makes up for it.

He's also got a bunch of good videos of himself actually plowing with his Big Red. Hope all this helps.

gunoskey3
11-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I found this walk-around video on YouTube. The guy has 4 walk around videos. This link is for Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utwARpn0YUk Video #3 isn't so good, but #4 makes up for it.

He's also got a bunch of good videos of himself actually plowing with his Big Red. Hope all this helps.

That's actually me on those videos. I'm "gunoskey3" on YouTube. I figured I'd finally make an account here on 3WW so I could talk to others about plowing. Next time I make a video for YouTube, which shouldn't be too long from now being that I just sanded and painted the plow frame (not the blade, though), I'll mention the fact that I just made this account here on 3WW so that people will know it's actually me.

Anyway, if anybody has any questions about any of the videos or the plow or anything, just contact me through YouTube or now through 3WW.