PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Ever Played Football??

gomer202
11-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Since this the open forum part of the site i was curious to know has anybody ever played football?? Im just about 16 and i play Bantam football. I think Football is one of the most interesting sports. The Team i play on is called Cowichan Bulldogs we are a Bantam 12man we are currently in first at 9-0. We have our last game before playoffs this weekend. We have 297 points scored this season and only 44 points scored on. This is a Big thing for our football association because a team as good as we are doesen't come around often and the group of guys we got are awesome. My position is on defense134950 i am a Half back (defensive back)
So anybody else ever play football

heres a football pic of me last week

Mosh
11-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I am approaching near 40 years old.
If there was one time I could go back to in my life and do completely over again, it would be my football years.
My last year playing we went undefeated, and lost in the championship game.
They were the best years of my life until my boy came along, in which he has played for 5 years. I coached 3 of those years with him, and this year in his 7th grade, they went undefeated and were crowned league champs.
Suck it up now, and have fun at it. It will be gone before you know it.
Congrats to you and your team and good luck with the rest of the season.

Swinger
11-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Man I reminiss about the glory days all the time. I used to be a diecent ball player and still say about some of the hits I took and gave out. Man those were the days!! Enjoy it and play your heart out because it will be over before you know it

jb2wheels
11-09-2011, 10:00 AM
I played HS and college ball until I destroyed my back before my senior season. I loved playing. I hated practicing.

The one thing I learned playing in college - all the guys that say, "I coulda gone pro" could not have. The guys that go pro play on another level. College superstars are average pros. That was amazing to watch.

I was also amazed how little I knew about football after playing for 4 years in HS. I was an offensive lineman. I knew my assignments and the other 4 or 5 (TE) assignements for every play and some of what went on in the backfield. That's one thing I would do differently - study the game early and often beyond our simple HS offense.

My son did not play. He swam through HS. I missed football. Swimming was a whole new experience for me.

Jerm1179
11-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Madden count?:P

Macs
11-09-2011, 04:27 PM
I was a QB for Polk High. I once scored four touchdowns in a single game...... Then i got married and now selling shoes...

Seriously, I played center all the way through TIFI ball, then in Jr. High. At highschool i lost my size considerably and then went the baseball route.

RIDE-RED 250r
11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I played in high school back in '92-'95. Was fullback on offense, linebacker on defense.

just ben
11-09-2011, 11:21 PM
I was a QB for Polk High. I once scored four touchdowns in a single game...... Then i got married and now selling shoes...

Seriously, I played center all the way through TIFI ball, then in Jr. High. At highschool i lost my size considerably and then went the baseball route. haha I was thinking the same thing. I never played other than flag football in gym class. I usually just use Al Bundy's story if anyone asks lol.

rdlsz24
11-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I played all 4 years in high school, running back and receiver on offense and cornerback on defense. We were pretty good but were a small school so we didn't have a lot of depth. Most players played offense and defense. We would usually get to the 2nd round of playoffs.

Rob

gomer202
11-11-2011, 03:01 AM
nice to see there is a couple of football guys on here!!