PDA

View Full Version : Honda Big Red 1985 250es Fenders

Devinos619
11-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Hey I have been looking for a new OEM right rear fender for my trike and have only seen them on ebay. Over the weekend I saw a left rear OEM fender sell on ebay for $300 and right rear for $234. Some crazy person paid over 5 bills for a set of fenders. Then today I came across www.motosport.com and picked one up for $145 with free shipping. Just throwing it out there

Matrix
11-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks!! This site seems a lot cheaper than www.bikebandit.com .. Man I'm so happy now, I didnt think I would ever find the stuff to complete my 185s build...

When Anthony Sullivan dies could I get his job?

No but im completely serious, thanks for a great find!

tri again
11-10-2011, 04:34 AM
Hey I have been looking for a new OEM right rear fender for my trike and have only seen them on ebay. Over the weekend I saw a left rear OEM fender sell on ebay for $300 and right rear for $234. Some crazy person paid over 5 bills for a set of fenders. Then today I came across www.motosport.com and picked one up for $145 with free shipping. Just throwing it out there

Hi,

I can't seem to find fenders on motosport.com
Any idea what category it was?
Nothing in the 250 es category except for bolts and flag mounts.
Wonder what I'm missing.

Thanks

patblkwell
11-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Were those OEM fenders you bought or Maier fenders on motosport.com? thanks

thestud25
11-10-2011, 10:29 AM

Where is the link to the Fenders? There are no OEM Honda ATC250es Fenders on that site.

badass350x
11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Just looked this morning and they were listed, looked again a few minutes ago and there gone!

thestud25
11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Just looked this morning and they were listed, looked again a few minutes ago and there gone!

That leads me to believe one of two things. 1.) They list parts like bikebandit that they do not have. 2.) Devinos619 got really lucky and ended up getting a hell of deal and got the last two.

patblkwell
11-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Are you sure they are the OEM Honda fenders and not Maier? let us know guy

tri again
11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Not sure I care if they're oem or not.
One of my favorite br fenders is broken like
some sort of horror movie weapon.
I guess I could duct tape it or glue on some foam pipe insulation

but I promise I won't post pictures.

I just missed a parts br 1985 for 100$.

I just Gotta get the program that emails search alerts for
specific stuff on CL.

bkm
11-10-2011, 04:34 PM
This is the email that you will receive. "Sorry to inform you that the item you have purchased is no longer available from the manufacturer. We have refunded your credit card for the total amount. Sorry for any inconvenience's this might have caused."

Sincerely,
Motosport.com

BiggDogg
11-10-2011, 04:59 PM
This is the email that you will receive. "Sorry to inform you that the item you have purchased is no longer available from the manufacturer. We have refunded your credit card for the total amount. Sorry for any inconvenience's this might have caused."

Sincerely,
Motosport.com

:lol:

haha
I' have gotten those emails before

Devinos619
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Yup. That's what happened. They refunded me and changed the part to out of stock. Oh well, it was worth a shot. I was trying to share the wealth. Sorry guys!

bkm
11-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah it sucks but I know from experience what was gonna happen. You can count on one hand how many oem plastic body pieces that are still available from Honda for any of the 3-Wheelers ever made. I'm probably wrong, but I believe only the left and right side radiator shrouds for the 85-86 250r, might be the only pieces still available for all the machines.